The BLTS Archive - Where the Wild Captains Are by monkee (wiecek@earthlink.net) --- Archive: ASC or BLTS Disclaimers: Paramount owns Star Trek Voyager and all of it's characters. Maurice Sendak is the author/illustrator of the brilliant 'Where the Wild Things Are' and I humbly apologize to him, wherever he is. Author's Notes: Unless you have read 'Where the Wild Things Are' to a child or children five or six hundred times, you probably won't appreciate this one. Dedication: This one is for Cybermum, who inspires us all! --- The night Chakotay wore his wolf suit and made mischief of one kind. . . and another. . . His Captain called him "WILD THING!" And Chakotay said "I'LL EAT YOU UP!" So he was sent to the brig without eating anything. That very night in holodeck two, a forest grew. . . and grew. . . and grew. . . Until the ceiling hung with vines and the walls became the world all around. And a transporter beam sparkled by, a private one for Chakotay. And he beamed out through all the decks, and in and out of Jeffries tubes, and straight through the bulkheads – to holodeck two. . . where the wild Captains are. And when he came to the place where the wild Captains are, his Captain stepped forward. . . and she purred her insidious purr, and smiled her most manipulative smile, and flashed her beguiling eyes, and stroked with her provocative hands. . . 'till Chakotay said "BE STILL!" And tamed her with the magic trick of staring into both of her pale blue eyes without blinking once. And she was frightened and called HIM the most wild Captain of all. and made him king of all the wild Captains. "And now," cried Chakotay, "LET THE WILD RUMPUS START!" --- "NOW STOP!" Chakotay said, and sent his wild Captain back to her quarters without any dessert. Then Chakotay, the king of all wild Captains was lonely, and wanted to be where someone loved HIM best of all. Then from far away across the ship, he smelled something good to eat. So he gave up being king of where the wild Captains are. But the other wild Captains cried, "Oh PLEASE don't go, we'll eat you UP we love you so!" And Chakotay said "no." The wild Captains purred their insidious purrs, and smiled their most manipulative smiles, and flashed their beguiling eyes, and stroked with their provocative hands, but Chakotay stepped into his private transporter beam and waved goodbye. And he beamed straight through the bulkhead, and in and out of Jeffries tubes and through the decks into the night of his very own quarters, where he found his Captain waiting for him. And she was still hot. --- The End.