The BLTS Archive - Prison by ILuvKate --- Janeway paced the Bridge, chin in hand, considering her options. On the one hand, to beam down to the surface of Krih-tonia and attempt negotiations for dilithium crystals and polyferranide with a culture who was renowned throughout the sector for being greedy, underhanded, and unreasonable, seemed to be asking for trouble they could ill afford. Not only had Neelix cautioned that she might not be able to reach agreement with the mercenary race, but another race they had met recently, the Rekosans had also warned against trying to do business with the Krih-tonians. However, on the other hand, their need for the dilithium and the polyferranide was reaching the critical point. Torres had already warned her that if they didn't obtain dilithium and polyferranide within the next fourteen days, the ship was going to have to land on some planet surface and stay there. The next planet they could reach for the supplies was a full month away at current speed, and they could not exceed current speed. The run-in with the Swarm, and two encounters with raging ion and plasma storms had severely crippled their energy systems and resources. She seemed to be in that situation known as between the devil and the deep blue sea, the devil being the Krih-tonians. Chakotay watched her pace, aware of her dilemma, and having expressed his opinion, which was to try to come to terms with the Krih-tonians. He suspected that she secretly wanted to face the challenge presented by them, but was unwilling to put the ship or anyone on it in any danger. But when you got down to it, she didn't really have a choice. They needed the dilithium and the polyferranide now. Setting down on some alien planet and sending Neelix in his vessel for supplies was not a comfortable option. She stopped pacing and turned to Chakotay. "I'm going to take a shuttlecraft down to the surface," she said. Chakotay nodded. They couldn't use the transporter because the Krih-tonians were unaware of such technology. She glanced up at Tuvok, who, of course, displayed no expression. She thought he, too, knew that the only viable option was to approach the Krih-tonians. They contacted the Krih-tonian Minister of Commerce and made arrangements to beam down. Janeway decided to take Torres along. They materialized on the surface of Krih-tonia in a public square in the capital city and were met by the Minister of Commerce, Ag-Bothar, who greeted them civilly enough. "Captain Janeway," he spoke to her in the dry uninflected voice rendered by the Universal Translator. "Minister Ag-Bothar," Janeway returned, inclining her head. "My Chief Engineer, Lt. Torres." Ag-Bothar nodded to Torres. He took them to a pleasantly furnished room where they could talk and offered them refreshment. Janeway and Torres sipped what appeared to be fruit juice and ate small spicy cakes that were not unpleasant in taste. Ag-Bothar waited until they had finished before he opened the conversation. "You mentioned that you are in need of dilithium crystals and polyferranide," he remarked, consulting a small flat device lying on the table next to his hand. Janeway explained their current situation, but avoided any mention of just how critical their need was. Ag-Bothar responded with terms that were clearly excessive, but Janeway thought that he might be deliberately starting out high just to see what her response would be. She responded with a counter-offer. At the end of three hours, little progress had been made, and the atmosphere was growing slightly strained. "Minister," Janeway said at one point, "Perhaps it would be best if we were to suspend these talks until tomorrow. I would suggest that we both consider everything we've discussed so far and then see if perhaps we cannot reach a compromise." The Krih-tonian inclined his head. "I agree," he said smoothly. "We will meet here tomorrow at the same time." "You won't object, of course," she returned, "if I visit the city in your southern hemisphere and attempt to procure our supplies from--" she consulted a padd she'd brought with her, "-- Minister Ny-Quithan?" Ag-Bothar's expression did not change. "Naturally not," he responded. "You are welcome to explore any alternative sources on Krih-tonia." They had learned that free enterprise was a highly respected concept on Krih-tonia before they beamed down, but Janeway actually had little hope of forcing Ag-Bothar to back down. It was merely a play for time. "I will be happy to arrange transport for you," he continued. Janeway thanked him and he told her transport would arrive at their location within forty-five cycles, a period of time roughly equivalent to an hour. He rose to leave, telling them to please avail themselves of some more refreshment. "You can't fault their manners," Janeway observed ironically when Ag-Bothar had left. Torres shook her head, munching one of the small cakes. "No," she agreed, "but they're every bit as greedy as Neelix and Kellan told you." She drank some juice. "Do you think you'll have any success with Ny-Quithan?" she asked. Janeway shrugged. "No way of telling," she said, tapping her ear significantly. She wouldn't put it past the Krih-tonians to have listening devices planted. Torres nodded in understanding. They decided to look around this part of the city while waiting for Ag-Bothar's transport to arrive. One of the Minister's assistants agreed to keep an eye on the cases they'd each brought with them to hold padds and a couple of testing tools Torres thought she might need to examine any dilithium or polyferranide they purchased. They walked around the public square and studied the various works of art displayed and looked in the few shop windows the square had to offer, noting the excessively high amounts on the merchandise which ranged from clothing to electronic devices to art work. "Ferengi would be right at home here," Torres commented as they headed back to pick up their cases and meet the transport. Janeway agreed, remarking that the Ferengi and Krih- tonians may have had a common ancestor. Krih-tonians were humanoid with basically humanoid features, but they had pronounced brow ridges and over-large ears. The transport carried them to the large city located in the planet's southern hemisphere. They disembarked in a terminal and discovered that officials were checking all baggage, cases, and containers being brought into the terminal and Janeway wondered why they didn't just use scanners. She and Torres got in a line and placed their cases in front of a uniformed official when they reached him. He opened Janeway's case and passed a small device over it. suddenly a shrill buzz came from the device and his expression became grim. He pressed a button near him. Five armed guards suddenly converged on them and Janeway exchanged a startled look with Torres. "What's wrong?" Janeway asked the official, who scowled at her. "Place your hands behind your neck!" he ordered. As the guards leveled weapons at them, she and Torres complied, their consternation growing The official brought out two square packages, wrapped in a dull silver wrapping. He reached down and retrieved a metal container from the floor beside him. Opening the top after dialing in a code, he threw the two packages inside and reached for Torres' case, finding two other packages inside. He threw them into the container and then locked the top back down, replacing the container back on the floor. Another uniformed official had come up in the meantime, a woman, who appeared to be the chief official. The first official explained to her what had happened and she turned a cold gaze on Janeway and Torres. "We've been waiting for the gooblahs to make a mistake," she said. "We knew they would try another smuggling attempt. We have foiled it with our new scanning devices." "Someone placed those packages in our cases," Janeway said and suddenly gasped in pain as the guard behind her slammed something into her kidneys. "No one gave you permission to speak," he growled as she doubled over in pain. She felt Torres start to move. "No! B'Elanna!" she said sharply, but too late. As Torres started for the guard who had hit Janeway, the one behind her brought his club around in front and jerked it back against her throat, restraining her. Her face purpled as the pressure against her windpipe began to cut off her breath. The woman official made a sharp gesture. "Release her," she snapped. The guard obeyed and Torres sagged to her knees, gasping for breath. "Put them in restraints, the woman ordered and Janeway and Torres were manacled. Torres' guard hauled her to her feet. Janeway looked at her in concern, but was afraid to say anything else for fear of another blow. The woman official picked up a scanner and directed it at them. "Remove those," she ordered a guard, pointing at Janeway's commbadge. "They are communication devices." The guard removed the devices and handed them to her. She turned to Janeway. "Do not bother to try to explain," she said coldly. "The stories we are told are many and varied, and all lies. We have suspected for some time that the gooblahs have enlisted the help of offworlders to transport their barsha from one city to another. Our scanning devices have proven that we can foil them further, no matter what subterfuge they try." "Permission to speak," Janeway said quickly. The woman stopped her guard who was poised to deliver another blow, and nodded. "Someone placed those packages in our cases while we were looking around the square in Nohtan waiting for transport here," Janeway said, knowing it was a hopeless attempt. "I am Captain Kathryn Janeway of the Federation starship Voyager," she continued. "We are trying to obtain dilithium and polyferranide for our engines and were unable to reach an acceptable agreement in Nohtan, so we decided to come to this city and talk to Ny-Quithan." The woman cut her off with a sharp gesture. "I do not wish to hear your lies," she said. She turned to the other official. "Since the barsha was found on their person, it is not necessary to bring them before the Tribunal for trial. Transport them directly to Ahn-sur Detention Facility." She turned and walked off. Janeway dropped her head, closing her eyes briefly, trying to fight down a rising panic. "I must contact my ship," she said, not caring if the guard hit her again or not. "If they don't hear from me, they will send a search party down." The woman stopped and turned, studying her and then walked over to a console and flicked a switch. "I will inform them what has occurred," she said. "To whom do I direct the message?" "My first officer," Janeway replied. "Commander Chakotay." The woman looked at the guard. "Take them away," she ordered. The guards took Janeway and Torres from the room. "B'Elanna, don't resist," Janeway told Torres as the guards dragged them along a corridor. "That's an order!" Torres only nodded dully, still trying to recover from her near-choking. Janeway received another sharp blow to her back in return for her words. --- "This is Commander Chakotay," Chakotay said in response to the hail from the woman official who identified herself and told him what had happened. "You have made a serious mistake," Chakotay told her. "Someone planted that substance in their cases. We have not been in contact with anyone on your planet except Ag- Bothar, the Minister of Commerce." The woman terminated the transmission without reply. Chakotay turned to look at Tuvok in concern when the transmission was broken off. "This is a hell of a note!" he said. "How could we have foreseen this?" "I do not believe that we could have," Tuvok responded. "Someone evidently saw an opportunity to move a controlled substance and used the Captain and Lt. Torres as a conduit, not knowing that the authorities had instituted sophisticated detection methods." Chakotay turned to Harry Kim at Ops. "Try to find them, Mr. Kim, so we can beam them out and get out of here," he ordered. "I have, Commander," Kim responded. " I can't lock on to their comm signal and Krih- tonian lifesigns are so similar I can't detect the Captain and Torres." Looking grim, Chakotay contacted Ag-Bothar. "I'm afraid I can't help you, Commander," the Minister of Commerce told him. "Our laws on controlled substances are extremely strict. If the barsha was found on them, there's nothing they can do." "Someone placed it on them!" Chakotay returned. "Can you not conduct an investigation on your end and find out who did it?" "I really do not wish to become involved," the Krih-tonian responded. "I could end up being under suspicion." He terminated the transmission abruptly and Chakotay stared at the viewscreen in helpless anger. Controlling himself, he turned to Kim. "Keep trying," he said tersely. Kim nodded. --- Janeway and Torres were separated when they were taken to the detention facility. Janeway was taken to a processing center where her uniform was taken from her before she was subjected to an intensive and invasive body scan, and made to take something similar to the sonic shower on board Voyager. She was given a gray tunic and trousers to dress in and taken to a large communal area where several dozen other inmates sat, reclined, or stood talking. Janeway stood studying her surroundings and the other inmates, not sure what was going to happen next. She didn't see Torres and hoped she was not lying injured --or worse--somewhere. "A gooblah-nahr, eh?" Janeway turned sharply at the sound of a voice and found herself face to face with a tall, heavy-set woman with the reddish hair of a southern Krih-tonian. Northern Krih-tonians had black hair, southern ones red. "I hate gooblahs," the woman continued conversationally. "They think they're so hard and so tough." Janeway braced herself. This one appeared to be looking for a fight. "Leave me alone," Janeway said shortly. "I'm not a gooblah, and I have no quarrel with you." "You were caught with barsha," the woman responded. "You're a gooblah." She took a menacing step closer to Janeway who stood her ground, tensing. "I've never had a gooblah slave before. Now would be a good time to get one." "I said leave me alone," Janeway said in a hard voice. "You'd better listen." The Krih- tonian sneered. "As I said, all gooblah's think they are so hard," she said. Her hand shot out and grabbed the front of Janeway's shirt. Janeway smashed her left knee with a swift kick and as the woman started to crumple to the ground, Janeway drove her fist upward, snapping the woman's head back. She fell into a motionless heap and Janeway resisted the urge to shake her fist which was hurting from the impact. Several inmates had begun to approach when the woman grabbed Janeway, but they faltered and stopped when Janeway responded with such brutal force. It was inevitable that another one of them would decide to challenge her and Janeway battled desperately against her, taking several punishing shots to her head and body before she dropped the woman. There were several more half-hearted tries, but she was able to fight them off without too much more damage. It was some time later when a guard came to get Janeway to take her to a cell. The guard all but threw her inside and slammed the door. Curiously, there was no sound of a lock and when Janeway tried the handle, the door opened. Odd. She limped over to the bunk and sat down on it. She hoped Chakotay was scanning for them. It would be hard since they had no commbadges, and Krih-tonian lifesigns were very similar to human ones. Perhaps they could lock on to B'Elanna's Klingon lifesigns. Which wouldn't help her, she thought, since they were separated. She eased back to lie down on the bunk. It seemed that every bone and muscle in her body was throbbing. She didn't know why somebody hadn't tried to enter the cell since it was unlocked. She was so tired.... --- Janeway jerked awake from her uneasy slumber at the sound of someone hitting the wall of the cell--hard. She scrambled off the bunk and knelt beside the groaning figure as she recognized B'Elanna Torres. As she put her hand on Torres' shoulder, she just barely managed to block the punch her Chief Engineer threw. "B'Elanna, it's me!" she said. "Calm down!" Torres froze with her arm cocked, fist clenched, staring at Janeway, then she shook her head as if to clear it. Janeway helped her to her feet and they sat down on the bunk. Torres rubbed her eyes. "Sorry," she said briefly. "Reflex, I guess." Janeway nodded. "It's been a rough few hours," she agreed. "Seems like everybody wants a piece of the new aliens." Torres nodded and reached out to touch a vivid bruise along Janeway's jaw. "Did they get that piece?" she asked, indicating the bruise. Janeway touched it briefly. "No, but I had a couple of bad moments," she said. "That one was twice my size and very persistent." "Yeah, she tried to get to me, too," Torres said. "She's missing a tooth, but I've got a cracked rib. So I don't know who the real winner was." "A cracked rib?" Janeway asked. "That could be a problem later, If we found an escape opportunity. Might slow us down." "If we get an opportunity to get out of here," Torres retorted, "it'll take more than a cracked rib to slow me down. It's not all that bad anyway. I've cracked ribs before." Janeway shook her head. "If you say so," was all she said. "Have you been able to move around this facility since you were put in here?" "Not much," Torres answered. "I was kind of busy. But from what little I've seen, this place is very secure. There are no windows or portholes; only one main door or hatchway. If I had to guess, I'd say this structure is stone outside, metal inside. The walls are seamless, too, what I saw of them." "That's a pretty detailed assessment for not getting around much," Janeway observed, impressed. Torres shrugged and then winced as her cracked rib twinged. "I guess I just notice those kinds of things," she said briefly. "How are we going to get out of here?" "I don't suppose you noticed a control room of any sort during your travels?" Janeway inquired. "No, unfortunately," Torres answered. "And very few guards, considering the number of prisoners." "That doesn't sound good," Janeway remarked. "That could be because they have powerful methods to control or subdue inmates. Like the prison colony on Ryanis Seven." "That's what I was thinking," Torres agreed. "Or else this place is so secure they don't feel the need to supervise prisoners." She eased back on the bunk to lean against the wall. She tried not to show she was hurting, but Janeway wasn't fooled. She turned to look at her. "You'd better let me strap that rib," she said. Torres shook her head. "I'm all right," she said dismissively. Janeway rolled her eyes. She examined the sheet covering the bunk. The cloth appeared to be fairly sturdy. She tore a broad strip off. "Okay," she said, "come over here and let me try this out." Torres looked impatient, but also oddly discomfited. "Captain," she protested, "I don't nee--." "That wasn't a request, Lieutenant," Janeway interrupted her crisply, her tone brooking no argument. Puzzled, she watched Torres' face flush darkly. Torres got off the bunk to stand in front of her. Janeway turned to her, and seeing she still had the gray prison shirt on, raised her eyebrows. "Take your shirt off, B'Elanna," she said. "I can't wrap your rib with that on." To her further consternation, Torres flushed more deeply. Janeway stared at her for a moment. "What's the matter, B'Elanna? I never had you figured for being modest," she said, half- teasingly. Torres gave her a long, unreadable look, mystifying her still further. Then she seemed to come to a decision, gritting her teeth. "Well, if you have to know," she said through clenched teeth, and in resignation, "it's because I've spent a lot of nights fantasizing about you taking my clothes off. Just not like this." Janeway, caught completely off guard, stared at her in complete stupefaction. Torres turned away, hunching her shoulders, and started to walk across the cell. "Come back here," Janeway stopped her, reaching out to put a hand on her arm. "We have to talk about this." Torres didn't turn around. "No, we don't, she said. "Just forget about strapping my rib, and just forget what I just told you." Janeway took her shoulders and turned her around so they were facing. Torres, staring at the floor, refused to look up at her, and Janeway took her chin and tipped it up so that Torres had to face her. "How long have you felt this way?" Janeway asked her quietly. "Captain, please," Torres whispered, "I'm so embarrassed. Can you please just forget you heard it?" "No, I am not going to forget I heard it," Janeway told her firmly. "And you don't have to be embarrassed. No," she repeated as Torres started to say something, "you don't. I mean it." Torres sighed. Janeway steered her back to the bunk and made her sit down. "You took me completely by surprise," she admitted. "I had no idea." Torres gave a mirthless laugh. "I don't doubt it," she said. Her hands were clenched together in her lap and Janeway reached over to disengage one of them and take it in hers. "B'Elanna," she said gently, "I don't have a problem with it." Torres turned to look at her questioningly and Janeway suddenly came to a decision of her own. She bent her head and kissed the younger woman, gently at first, and then more insistently. Torres went rigid for a moment, and then relaxed, responding hungrily with all the pent-up desire she'd repressed for so long. Janeway slid her hand under her loose prison shirt and careful of her sore rib, cupped a breast, squeezing the nipple gently. Torres groaned under the kiss, deep in her throat. Janeway lifted her head and they exchanged a long look before Janeway pushed her back to lie flat on the bunk. Then she slowly unbuttoned Torres' shirt, pushing it aside. Her hands closed around Torres' breasts, and she rolled the stiffening nipples with her thumb. Torres gasped and arched her back. Janeway bent to take a nipple in her mouth, sucking it gently. She moved from one to the other and Torres cried out. Janeway moved up to lie beside her and they kissed again, Torres fumbling under Janeway's shirt to find her breast, kneading it. Eventually, the clothes ended up scattered over the bunk and the floor and they explored each other hungrily, finally climaxing together in a long, slow surge of pleasure, leaving them both pleasantly spent and limp with satisfaction. "God," Torres murmured after a few minutes, "wouldn't you just hate it if a rescue team were to beam in here right now?" Janeway shook with laughter. "You've got a point," she said, sitting up and looking around for her clothes. "It has been several hours. I guess we should expect them any time. I hope," she added. She tossed Torres' clothes to her. "Put the pants on. I'm still going to strap that rib." She pulled her own shirt and pants on and looked for the strip of sheet. Torres endured the discomfort of having the strip of cloth wound tightly around her rib cage, and donned her shirt. "Damn," she complained. "I think it hurts worse." "It'll be better in a few minutes," Janeway promised. Torres walked over to the door of the cell. "Well, in case there's not a rescue team in Transporter Room One right now getting ready to beam down, we'd better start looking for a way to get out of here," she remarked. Janeway grinned. "Let's go," she said. Torres opened the cell door--they'd discovered none of the cells were locked--and peered out into the corridor. She and Janeway stepped into the corridor and tried to decide what to do next. "Let's try this way," Janeway said in a low voice motioning down the corridor. "Let's see if we can locate a control room without attracting too much attention." They started down the hallway, walking casually as though they had no particular destination in mind. Most of the doors to the cells they passed were open, the occupants either asleep on their bunks, or sitting and talking to other inmates. They discovered that the corridor intersected with another one. "Let's stay together," Janeway decided. "This way." She heard footsteps and grabbed Torres in an embrace. "Kiss. Quick," she hissed. They were kissing, groping for each other when the guard spoke. "Where are you two going?" a rough voice demanded behind them and they whirled to find one of the red-suited guards, hand on a weapon holstered on her hip, regarding them suspiciously. Janeway noticed Torres eyeing her and the weapon speculatively, and put a warning hand on her arm. "We, uh, well, you see," Janeway said with a disarming grin, pulling Torres to her and squeezing her bottom. "Just taking a stroll." Torres was still eyeing the guard's weapon. Apparently the guard noticed, because she drew the weapon. "You two get back to your cell. Now," she said. They complied, passing her to go back down the corridor to the cell. The guard slammed the door behind them when they entered, but Janeway didn't hear a lock. "Why didn't you let me jump her?" Torres demanded. "I could've--" "You were too far away from her," Janeway pointed out. "You're hurt, and she was already on the alert. It was too risky." Torres rolled her eyes and sat down on the bunk, but said nothing. Janeway paced the cell, chin in hand. "They're probably going to be watching us more closely now," she remarked. "We're going to have to be careful." She came over to sit down by Torres and put an arm around her waist. "I want you back on the ship in one piece, okay? Torres nodded. "Wonder when the hell they feed you around here?" she asked. "I don't know," Janeway replied, "but I could eat. Dinner last night seems a year ago." "I wish," Torres said. "Is Neelix ever going to run out of that Ludanian stew?" Neelix had concocted a stew using vegetables from a planet called Ludan Prime and it was distressingly bland for all that Neelix claimed he doctored it up. He'd been serving it frequently lately. "Probably not," Janeway said, "but you have to admit it's better than his leola root soup." "Ugh," Torres shuddered. "Horse urine is better than that." They scooted back on the bunk til they were leaning against the wall. Torres liked the feel of being held by the Captain. How many nights had she lain in her solitary bed and fantasized? Who would have ever guessed that the Captain would have responded to her revelation the way she did? "What are you thinking about?" Janeway asked her, stroking her arm. Torres turned to look at her. "How good it feels to be sitting here like this," she said simply. Janeway hugged her. "It does, doesn't it?" she agreed. A few minutes passed. "Think we ought to take another walk?" Torres asked. Janeway shifted. "Might as well," she said. "Maybe we--" She was interrupted by a shout from down the corridor outside their door. "Meal time! Let's go!" They got off the bunk and opened their door, stepping into the corridor along with other inmates coming out of their cells. They all shuffled in an uneven line down the corridor and turned in the direction opposite the one Janeway and Torres had taken on their first outing. No one talked. There were two guards supervising the line. They entered a bleak, high-ceilinged room filled with dull gray metal tables. Suddenly Janeway heard Torres give a muffled exclamation slightly behind her and turned to see her in the grip of one of the other inmates. Janeway took a step toward them and then found herself in a bear hug from behind. "Stay out of it," a hoarse voice rasped in her ear. The woman holding Torres fumbled her hand into Torres' trousers, groping for her crotch. With a growl of rage, Torres broke out of the woman's grip and slammed both fists upward into her chin. The woman pitched backward and fell to the floor motionless. Janeway had the dreadful feeling she was dead. Torres advanced on Janeway's captor with a icy dangerous light in her eye. "Let her go," she said coldly. "Now!" The woman did and the rest of the inmates shifted away from them. Torres was breathing hard and sweat poured down her face. Janeway put an arm around her and moved forward with her. A guard shouldered through the group and stared down at the woman lying on the floor. "What happened here?" she demanded. Torres swept the group of prisoners with a cold look. "She just fell to the floor," Janeway said quickly. The guard swept the group with a suspicious look of her own, then with an expression of indifference, told them to move on. She spoke into a device on her wrist, telling some other guards to come and take the dead woman away. "I hope they don't do autopsies in this culture," Janeway muttered, half-carrying Torres who was in obvious agony. They got in the serving line, getting two trays of something brown and yellow. "Looks like Neelix's stew," Torres commented, her voice ragged with pain, a ripple of half-hysterical laughter an undercurrent to her words. "Shhh," Janeway admonished her, trying to carry both trays and help her, too. They made it to a bench and Janeway eased her down. She sat down beside her and picked up the one eating utensil that had a short handle and a flaring curved piece like the blade of a spatula. It wasn't made of plastic, but not of metal, either, and it looked brittle. She took a bite of the food on the tray. It was bland, but edible. She gestured to Torres. "Eat," she said. "You need the strength." Yeah, really, she thought, remembering the woman Torres had just killed. Torres pushed the food into her mouth doggedly, but without appetite. They finished the meal, washing it down with a curious green liquid served in cups with the meal. "Well," Janeway observed, "we'd better really watch our backs now. I don't know how many friends that woman had." Torres nodded listlessly. "I guess I just lost it," she said. Janeway looked around at the other inmates who were either eating silently or talking in low voices. She'd noticed a few looking at her and Torres, but the looks seemed to be ones of respect rather than menace. At least she hoped she was interpreting them correctly. She knew if she'd just observed what Torres did, she'd have given her a wide berth. She hoped never to see that strength turned against her. Torres had finished her meal and pushed her plate back, sitting with her head resting on her clenched fists. "Are you okay?" Janeway asked. Torres nodded. "Guess I stressed that rib a little bit," she admitted. "Yes, I would say you did, just a little bit," Janeway agreed. "I think you've made a lot of them afraid of you." "Good," Torres said callously. "Maybe they'll leave us alone." She sighed. "Captain, we've got to get out of here." "I couldn't agree more," Janeway said, "but I'm open to suggestions." "Yeah, I know," Torres said. "I don't have a plan either." After the meal the women were taken to a bathing area. There were cubicles with the same kind of similar sonic shower Janeway had had when she was processed. Inmates were inside them in ones and twos, kissing and fondling each other as the showers operated. The one guard at the door watched with seeming indifference, appearing to pay no attention. Janeway and Torres entered one of the cubicles. Janeway, behind Torres, pulled her back against her as the sonic shower switched on, taking her breasts in her hands. Torres put her head back against Janeway's shoulder, closing her eyes as Janeway caressed her. She turned her head slightly and they kissed. Janeway's hands strayed down between her legs and parted her, sliding a finger inside her. Torres made a soft sound of pleasure. She turned in Janeway's embrace and her hands cupped Janeway's bottom, her fingers finding and exploring her anus. Janeway drew in a sharp sudden breath and their kiss became hotter. Torres' other hand slid inside Janeway, rolling her clit hard between her fingers. They climaxed within a few seconds of each other and stood each supporting the other as the last ripples of pleasure died away. With one last kiss they exited the shower and headed for the bench where their clothes were. Janeway rewrapped Torres' rib against her protests. and they sat down to wait to be returned to their cells. "Feel like reconnoitering again?" Janeway asked when they were back in the cell. "Yes, let's go," Torres said. They walked down the corridor casually. Janeway felt Torres slide her hand down the back of her trousers to fondle her bottom. She circled Torres' waist, slipping her hand up under her shirt. They kissed now and then. They turned left instead of right at the intersection and strolled on. "If you don't ease up on that," Janeway said, her voice ragged, referring to Torres' hand fondling her bottom, "we might have to put this reconnaissance mission off for a little while." Torres laughed, withdrawing her hand. They moved on up the corridor and spotted a room filled with computer consoles. It was also filled with guards at the moment. Janeway and Torres retreated back down the corridor. "At least we know where it is," Janeway remarked. Torres' hand was back inside her pants again. They got back to their cell again and as soon as they were inside again, began to kiss, undressing each other. Torres didn't tell Janeway, but she privately thought that once they got back on board the ship, Janeway would, gently of course, tell her that they couldn't continue this relationship. So, she reasoned, she was going to take every possible opportunity she could get now to make love to Kathryn Janeway. As Janeway made love to her, she savored the feel of those lips against her skin, the sensations of Janeway's hands as they cupped and squeezed her breasts, or rolled achingly hard nipples between thumb and finger. She drank in the taste and feel of her hot, hungry mouth as it devoured her own, her tongue delving deeply and searchingly. Her senses were heightened to wring every possible nuance out of the moments, feeling the orgasm mount through her body to explode at her molten center as Janeway's fingers stroked, rubbed, and massaged between her thighs. She tried to memorize the taste and smell and feel of Janeway's skin as her own lips trailed hot, wet kisses down her throat and across her breasts. She concentrated on the sensation of feeling Janeway's nipples harden against her lips as she sucked on them gently, bringing them erect. She wanted to remember the feeling of warmth and weight in her hand as she cupped Janeway's breasts and how it felt as her palm brushed the tips of the nipples, feeling Janeway shiver with pleasure as she did so. But most of all, she wanted to hold in her mind and heart the intense surge of hot pleasure that suffused her body as all these touches and feelings culminated in orgasm. Janeway stretched out on her back with a contented sigh and Torres curled up beside her, her dark head on the Captain's shoulder. Janeway stroked Torres' arm lightly, her eyes closed. Torres watched her breasts rise and fall with the rhythm of her breathing and felt the sadness as she realized this might be the last time she'd be able to lie here, like this. They'd be making their way to the control room soon, minutes maybe, and then, if things went well, they'd be back on the ship. "You think the coast is clear now around that control room?" she asked a few minutes later, feeling that if she set the wheels in motion she could better deal with the pain of loss. Janeway shifted. "I suppose so. We'll give it a look-see," she replied. They dressed and left the cell, making their stealthy way to the room filled with consoles. There were no guards around and they inched cautiously up the corridor. The control room was empty and while Torres stood lookout, Janeway slipped into the room. Every instinct was on full alert and she cautiously touched one of the consoles, not knowing if they were protected by force-fields or whatever. When nothing shocked, nor any alarms sounded, she began to look for a communications console. She found it and examined the controls. She turned to check on Torres' position and Torres nodded, that the coast was still clear. Janeway flicked a switch. "Janeway to Voyager." "Voyager here!" came Chakotay's instant, eager response. "Commander, can you pick up our life signs?" she asked. "We've got a lock now, Captain, since you've activated communications. Stand by," he replied. Janeway motioned Torres into the room and she crossed swiftly to Janeway. The blessedly welcome tingle of the transporter enveloped them and they vanished in a shimmer of light as guards suddenly rushed into the room. "Commander, get us the hell out of here!" Janeway shouted as soon as the transporter released her on the transporter pads in Voyager's transporter room. "Warp 8!" "We're already on the way, Captain," he responded. She sighed with relief and turned to Torres. "You've got a date in Sickbay, Lieutenant," she said, holding out her hand. Torres stepped down off the transporter, carefully avoiding the Captain's touch. There was no point in postponing the amputation, she thought. "On my way, Captain," she responded and walked out of the transporter room. She didn't see Janeway's gaze narrow thoughtfully at her retreating back. Janeway grinned at the transporter chief. "Good work, Mr. Letson," she complimented him with a thumbs up, and then she, too, left the transporter room heading for her quarters. As soon as she was back in uniform, she would go check in on the Bridge and then go to Sickbay and see about B'Elanna. --- It was forty-five minutes later before she was able to head for Sickbay. She came into the room where the Doctor and Kes were conferring over something at a console. She looked around, but didn't see B'Elanna. "Doctor," she said, crossing to him and Kes. "Where is Lieutenant Torres?" "Back on duty, I would think," the holgram responded. "I did a regenisis on her broken rib and treated her cuts and contusions, and then told her to return to duty." Janeway glanced at Kes, who nodded confirmation. "She was fine, Captain," the young Ocampa told her. "Very well," Janeway responded. "Thank you both." She turned to leave. The Doctor stopped her. "Captain," he said, "do you have any injuries to which I should attend?" She shook her head. "I'm fine, Doctor, thank you," she said. He looked at her skeptically. "You won't mind if I confirm that for myself, will you?" he inquired drily. She gave him a steely look. "I said I'm fine, Doctor," she said succinctly and in the tone no one on the ship dared argue with. She turned to leave without another word, leaving him to follow her with a sour glare. "Computer, locate Lieutenant Torres," Janeway said as she stepped into the corridor from Sickbay. "Lieutenant Torres is in Engineering," the computer responded. "As if I had to ask," Janeway muttered. She hadn't liked the way B'Elanna had acted in the Transporter Room. Something was wrong. She was---Janeway stopped dead in her tracks in the middle of the corridor, causing two passing crewmen to glance at her curiously. Damnation! she thought. She thinks I'm going to break it off with her now that we're back on the ship, so she's drawing away. Anger shook her. Well, we'll just see about that, she thought, we-- will--just--see--about that. She started rapidly toward Engineering. She entered Engineering and looked around for Torres, spotting her at one of the consoles talking to two of the Engineering crew. Torres finished talking to them and turned to find Janeway standing there and a startled flush darkened her face. "We need to talk," Janeway said quietly, standing with her hands clasped behind her back. Torres looked flustered. "Captain, I'm really busy right no--" she began. "Lieutenant!" The crack of Janeway's command voice almost caused Torres to jerk to startled attention. She stared at Janeway with unhappy resignation. "You will report to my Ready Room in twenty minutes!" Janeway bit off each word, and then turned on her heel and left Engineering. Torres sighed and turned to the console beside her. No one else in Engineering took any notice of the exchange. --- Precisely twenty minutes later, Torres pressed the door chime of Janeway's Ready Room. At the crisp, "Come in," she took a deep breath, steeling herself, and stepped through the doors. Janeway got up from behind her desk and came around to stand in front of it, folding her arms. "What the hell is going on with you?" she demanded without preamble. Torres sighed, staring at the toes of her boots. She looked back up at Janeway. "Captain," she began, not really knowing how to start, "now that we're back on board the ship, I thought you would want to--" She faltered. "That is, I thought you might not want to--uh, kee--keep on..." "Sleeping together?" Janeway finished for her. Her eyes were almost black with anger. Torres nodded, staring at her boots again. "Damn you." Torres' head jerked up in startled surprise at Janeway's tone of icy rage. Janeway walked toward her, arms still folded. "How dare you play with my feelings like that!" she spat. Torres' jaw dropped and she stared at Janeway in stunned surprise. "I'm not--I didn't--" she began, but Janeway cut her off. "Oh, yes," she said coldly, "oh, yes, you did." When Torres didn't reply, she took another step closer to her. "What the hell do you call it?" Torres looked confused. "Did you get a kick out of playing me for a fool?" Janeway demanded. "Captain!" Torres interjected. "You've got it all wrong!" She gestured helplessly. "Then why in the hell are you trying to break this off before it's even gotten the hell started?" Janeway's voice rose. "I guess I wanted to do it before you could," Torres said painfully. "What indication did I give that I was even remotely considering such a thing?" Janeway asked. "I don't know," Torres muttered. "No, you don't! Because I didn't give you any!" Janeway exploded. Torres shifted from one foot to the other. "Okay," she said. "So I was wrong. You want to keep on seeing each other?" "We'll have to be careful," Janeway said, "play it cool, but yes, I want to keep on seen you. If," she added sarcastically, "it's okay with you." Torres' grin lit up her face. "It's very all right with me, Captain," she said. "Good, then I'll see you this evening in my quarters for dinner," the Captain returned. "Bring wine." "Yes, ma'am!" Torres said happily. "I'll be there." "Good," the Captain responded. "Now, get out of here and back to all that work you've got to do in Engineering." --- Copyright 1998 ILuvKate --- The End