Date: Tue, 08 Feb 2000 02:40:56 -0800 From: Greywolf the Wanderer Subject: Getting to Know You -- Tuvok I have decided that it would be an interesting exercise to fill this out -- among other reasons, to demonstrate to Commander Chakotay that he is not, after all, as wise as he likes to think he is. NAME: Tuvok cha' S'khel, of the Clan of Selai SEX: In gender I am male. Other matters are Private. *Really*, Thomas. Your behaviour is most unseemly. HOME: Yel'thkash Prefecture, on Vulcan. But at the moment my home is the starship Voyager. HEIGHT: I am 1.95 meters tall. EYES: Dark brown. Most humans say that they are black. But humans are distressingly imprecise. HAIR: Black. As my ancestry includes some P'sai'kihsa, I do not have to spend time on grooming it. I find this a most efficient arrangement. WHAT IS YOUR FAVOURITE TV SHOW? Mr. Paris is the television watcher among our crew. For myself, I prefer a good game of kal'toh -- though there are few on board this ship who can challenge my skill. WHAT'S ON YOUR MOUSE PAD? As I do not posess a mouse, neither do I need a mouse pad. I own several data padds; is that what you mean? FAVOURITE MAGAZINE: While still residing in the Alpha Quadrant, I enjoyed my subscription to The Journal of the Interstellar Orchid Society. FAVOURITE SMELL: I have been known to appreciate *subtle* traces of sandalwood -- in the correct company of course. WORST FEELING IN THE WORLD: Very well, Thomas. But it is a most impertinent question. It was the moment when I felt my bond to T'Pel dissolve. BEST FEELING IN THE WORLD: Very well. The moment when I realized I would not, after all, have to die from my Disbonding. And the subsequent events which led to our Joining. THINGS TO DO ON THE WEEKENDS: If by weekends you mean my off-duty days... Meditation. Trying to clear the worst of a certain human's mess from our quarters. Sparring on the holodeck. My continued efforts to teach Mr. Kim to play kal'toh. And practising my ka'athyra. FAVOURITE SOUNDTRACK: I do not understand the question... Hmm. That would be the bonding songs of the pre-Reformation composer Sethan the Younger -- as well you know, t'hy'la. WHAT IS THE FIRST THING YOU THOUGHT OF WHEN YOU WOKE UP THIS MORNING? That if we did not move in an expeditious fashion, we would be late for the captain's morning briefing. That we were *not* late was no thanks to you, my mate. DO YOU GET MOTION SICKNESS? No. Vulcans do not get motion sickness. That is different. Pon farr does not count. ROLLER COASTERS DEADLY OR EXCITING? : It could not be any worse than suffering through Commander Chakotay's attempts at piloting. PEN OR PENCIL? : Stylus -- or a padd. HOW MANY RINGS BEFORE YOU ANSWER THE PHONE? : My commbadge does not ring. FAVOURITE FOODS: Plomeek soup. S'shyr'nash biscuits. K'lyr'cha mushrooms. And I have become fond of that orange fibrous substance Neelix refers to as noodles. *Really*, t'hy'la. It is no worse than many of the things you eat. DO YOU GET ALONG WITH YOUR PARENTS? While I was still in communications range, our relationship was amicable. HAVE YOU EVER BEEN CONVICTED OF A CRIME? No. CHOCOLATE OR VANILLA? Actually I prefer cinnamon -- in the proper company, of course. CROUTONS OR BACON BITS? I do not consume either of these condiments. DO YOU LIKE TO DRIVE? I am a capable pilot, but it is not something I prefer to do. DO YOU SLEEP WITH STUFFED ANIMALS? *I* do not -- but I know someone who does. No I will not "take that back". It is true. You do. IF YOU COULD HAVE ANY KIND OF PET, WHAT WOULD IT BE? I do not keep pets. Unless one can count a human as a pet? IF YOU COULD BE ANY TYPE OF ANIMAL WHAT WOULD YOU BE? I am Vulcan, I do not wish to be other than what I am. IF YOU COULD MEET ANYONE DEAD OR ALIVE, WHO WOULD IT BE? Surak, and S'task. I believe it would be a most interesting conversation. FAVOURITE ALCOHOLIC DRINK: As a rule I prefer to avoid alcohol. WHAT IS YOUR ZODIAC SIGN? I do not understand the question. Oh. I do not know. Vulcans do not practice this custom. EAT THE STEMS OF BROCCOLI? Yes, when I could get it -- but the replicator here does not make very good broccoli. GUYS-IF A GIRL ASKED FOR THE SHIRT OFF YOUR BACK, WOULD YOU GIVE IT TO HER? If a female required a shirt for reasons of warmth or modesty, I suppose that I would. I would think that she should already have her own shirt, however. GIRLS-WOULD YOU EVER ASK A GUY FOR HIS SHIRT? IF YOU COULD HAVE ANY JOB YOU WANTED, WHAT WOULD IT BE? I am satisfied with my current position. My services are of value to my captain; this is sufficient. IF YOU COULD DYE YOUR HAIR ANY COLOUR, WHAT WOULD IT BE? I do not understand why I should wish to alter my hair. IF YOU COULD HAVE A TATTOO, WHAT AND WHERE WOULD IT BE? I do not wish for any other tattoos. I have my Clan Mark and the mark of our bonding. HAVE YOU EVER BEEN IN LOVE? What a human question. I do not know that the state is equivalent. I am satisfied with my current situation. DESCRIBE YOUR DREAM WEDDING. Bondings are Private matters. THUNDERSTORMS: COOL OR SCARY? Thunderstorms are invigorating, if one is sheltered from the danger of lightning. We do not have such weather on Vulcan, but I have experienced them on Earth. WHAT IS ON YOUR WALLS IN YOUR ROOM? My ka'athyra. A selection of ancient Vulcan weapons. And for some reason known only to my mate, a poster of a 1969 black Camaro Stingray. Although I will admit it is a most aesthetically pleasing design, as vehicles go. IS THE GLASS HALF EMPTY OR HALF FULL? What glass? WHAT IS YOUR FAVOURITE SNAPPLE? I do not understand the question. ARE YOU A RIGHTY, LEFTY OR AMBIDEXTROUS? I am, of course, ambidextrous, as are most Vulcans. DO YOU TYPE WITH YOUR FINGERS ON THE RIGHT KEYS? Of course. How else should one type? IF YOU COULD BE ONE GARDENING TOOL, WHAT WOULD YOU BE? That thought has never occurred to me. In any case I do not have access to a garden on board this ship. The airponics bay is hardly the same thing. WHAT'S UNDER YOUR BED? The floor, and a certain human's bedroom slippers. WHAT IS YOUR FAVOURITE NUMBER? I do not have a favourite number. WHAT WAS YOUR FIRST CAR? I have never owned a car. WHAT IS YOUR DREAM CAR? I have not considered this matter, in truth. FAVOURITE SPORT TO WATCH? I am partial to contests of skill in the various martial arts. SAY ONE NICE THING ABOUT THE PERSON WHO SENT THIS TO YOU. Commander Chakotay is gradually learning to behave in a more seemly manner. Perhaps we will make a StarFleet officer of him yet. OF ALL THE PEOPLE YOU SEND THIS TO, WHO IS LEAST LIKELY TO RESPOND TO IT. The captain. I do not think that she will permit herself to do such an informal thing.