Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandom:
Relationship:
Additional Tags:
Language:
English
Collections:
852 Prospect Archive
Stats:
Published:
2013-05-10
Words:
15,519
Chapters:
1/1
Kudos:
10
Bookmarks:
2
Hits:
461

Degrees to Love

Summary:

Just a long romantic first-time as a healthy Blair and Jim affirm their love.
This story is a sequel to Degrees to Heal.

Notes:

Nothing profound; just as the summary says, a long romantic first-time story. Sequel to "Degrees to Heal". I welcome feedback, but privately, please.

Work Text:

Degrees to Love

by Monica


Pairing: J/B
Rating: NC17
Category: First Time; Romance

Disclaimer: All things related to The Sentinel belong to PetFly and Paramount. This story is strictly for fun and not profit.

Thanks to Alex, Chris & Rogue for writing support, and to Elaine & Rogue for Beta-reading. I did make some last-second changes, so any and all mistakes are mine. Double thanks to Alex for hosting my stories on her web page. Check out her terrific stories at www.squidge.org//~stageira/alex/index.html

Feedback: Yes, but privately, please. :) Sequel: This is a sequel to my earlier story "Degrees to Heal".

Summary: Just a long romantic first time story, as a healthy Blair and Jim affirm their love.


DEGREES TO LOVE
by Monica
[email protected]

Blair tapped his foot impatiently as he sat in the examination room. He tried looking at the magazines, and snorted at the choices: two ladies magazines, three children's, and one computer. With a resigned sigh, he picked up the computer one to read while waiting.

Fortunately, the doctor returned before Blair had to resort to the children's animal magazine. The gray haired woman smiled as Blair tossed the magazine aside.

"Good news," she said cheerfully. "The x-rays look good; your lungs are clear."

"So the pneumonia is gone?"

"Basically." Doctor Spears smiled as Blair practically bounced up from the exam table. "I want you to finish out the antibiotics, and the cough syrup, just to be on the safe side." Blair rolled his eyes, mentally shuddering at the taste of the syrup medicine. " And obviously, take it easy for a few days. You're still going to feel a bit weak for a while, and have some coughing. But that's normal, and overall I'm giving you a clean bill of health."

Blair grinned. "Okay, I'll finish the medicine," he promised. "Thanks."

"You're welcome. Now go tell your friend that he can stop growling at the staff in my waiting area." The doctor shook her head. "I'm surprised that this time he agreed to stay out there, instead of coming in here with you."

"Well, he thinks I'm old enough to go into the doctor by myself now."

Doctor Spears shook her head, laughing a little. "Congratulations. Now go home and get more rest."

Blair happily went to the waiting area of the doctor's office, and found Jim being on his best behavior, tolerating a few kids who were apparently sick enough to need to see the doctor, but not sick enough so that they were quiet. Blair rescued him, and they went out to the truck.

"You heard?" It was basically a rhetorical question; Blair knew that Jim had been listening the entire time.

"Yep." Jim smiled, laying a hand on Blair's shoulder as he unlocked the truck door. "Thought you sounded clear, but it's good to get it confirmed."

"You're more accurate than any x-ray," Blair said.

Jim snorted. "Flattery," he said, "Will get you...um, just about anywhere, actually."

"Really?" Blair waggled his eyebrows suggestively.

The older man squeezed his shoulder and pulled him in for a quick hug. "Probably," he admitted. "But I also heard that you need to finish out the medication, and to still take it easy. So-" he opened the door and gave Blair a nudge to get him to climb inside. "We're off to home."

On the drive home, Blair glanced over at Jim, thinking, a smile curling his lips happily. Now that he had been given a clean bill of health from the doctor, maybe things would progress a little.

It had been only a week since they had declared their love for each other; a week that was nearly perfect in Blair's mind. As he had recovered from his illness, it had given him and Jim time to talk and discover the depth of their feelings for each other. Things changed, but only in better ways.

Jim, always a tactile person, felt freer to touch Blair, and indulged in his new privilege whenever possible. He was nearly always touching Blair when they were alone, rubbing his back, brushing his hair, and often light fingers traced across his face, as Jim committed the beautiful features to physical tactile memory. After that first night, Jim would tuck Blair into his own bed, then curl around him and they slept together, Blair securely held by his friend.

It was wonderful and full of love, but still fairly chaste. Blair knew it was a combination of the fact that he was still recovering from pneumonia, and the fact that he was a virgin.
He had been so horribly embarrassed to admit it to Jim; that for all his dating and flirting, Blair had never taken the "final" step, so to speak. But Jim had been so understanding and loving, and actually thanked him for giving him such a gift. Blair had certainly never looked upon his virginity as such a thing- it had become an acute embarrassmentbut Jim had clearly been touched. He promised that they would go slow, and they had this past week, mostly due to the illness. Blair certainly hadn't been feeling well enough to do more than cuddle for the first few days, but now, a week later, he was better, and ready to move on. Now, all he had to do was convince Jim.

They fixed a light supper of soup and salad, and while Blair chatted with Jim as easily as ever about everything, his mind was certainly on one thing in particular. Jim didn't seem to notice until Blair almost cheerfully took his evening cough syrup medication without a flinch. Even at the height of the pneumonia, Blair had complained about the vile taste of that medication, and this immediately raised Jim's suspicions that his Guide's thoughts were elsewhere.

"What are you thinking about, Chief?" he asked as they washed up the dishes.

Blue eyes looked at him almost shyly underneath their long lashes. "Well, the doctor said I'm basically recovered," he began.

"Yeah."

"So----"

"So...what? Come on, Chief. Spill whatever's perking in that head of yours."

Exasperated, the younger man threw a dishtowel at him. He thought it was obvious. "So I'm holding you to your promise. I want to do...more. Tonight." A light blush accompanied his words.

Jim smiled. "Come here, let's talk." He guided him to the couch, where they sat and were soon cuddled in front of the fire. "I want do to more, too. But just because you got an all clear from the doctor, we're not going to rush tonight."

"But I'm healthy. You heard her."

"Not because of that." Jim hugged him closer. "We're not going to rush because you're new to all this. You need time to get used to...well, being with me. We'll sleep together, hold each other. But that's all for tonight." Jim stroked the soft hair as he held Blair close to him. "There's no hurry."

"But--"

"Chief," Jim put a gentle finger under Blair's chin and made him look up at him. "Yeah, fully making love to you tonight is surely tempting, and it has been for the past week. Hell, it's been tempting for a long time. But every part of me -every part- knows that it's too soon for you. You haven't even seen me yet, love, and you're still not feeling 100%."

Jim smiled as he continued. "Besides, there's a lot more to making love than just having intercourse. Lots of times holding and cuddling is enough; it can actually be better than the full act. And tonight, that would be perfect. That's making love, too." He nuzzled the little ear hidden by the glorious hair.

"It does sound good," Blair admitted, a catch in his voice. "But your first time, you didn't wait, did you?" Jim shook his head. "Yeah, you did...um, everything, so why--?"

"Because you're giving me such a precious treasure." Jim stroked the long hair, petting it to try and calm the anxious nerves he could feel running through his friend's body. "Blair, looking back, if I had taken it more slowly, and not rushed through everything, I would have cherished the final act more. It would have meant a lot more to me."

Blair considered for a moment, enjoying the attention his hair was receiving, and feeling loved. It was reassuring to know that not everything would happen in one night, he admitted to himself. Not as much pressure, so to speak. "Okay, I can see that. Putting some time between...things, will make each step more special."

His friend smiled. "Exactly. I want you to be able to look back and remember each step clearly, not all jumbled into one rushed night. I want to make it as perfect as possible, Chief. It's getting late, we're tired, and you're still recovering. When we do go all the way, I want us to be able to relax and spend a whole evening loving each other."

Then Blair frowned in thought, his eyes narrowing a little. "I just worry that maybe it's not really...fair to you."

"Fair?"

"Well," Blair looked down, embarrassed again. "When it comes to...you know...I know what to do 'technically', but um---" he started over. "Jim, it's not fair that you get stuck with a bumbling idiot who has no idea how to have sex! You're used to partners who know how to, uh, please you- do something for you. I have no idea how to do that! You're probably not going to get a damn thing out of it, and-"

"Whoa," Jim interrupted firmly. "Chief, slow down. Now listen, okay?" He waited until Blair nodded. "Yeah, I've only been with experienced partners before, but that's because no one has ever given me such a tremendous gift like this. I never thought I'd be worthy of such a thing."

"You mean, er..."

"Your virginity." Jim smiled as Blair blushed. He sure seemed to have difficulty saying that particular word. "Your virginity, and your trust."

Those incredible blue eyes smiled at him. "I do trust you, Jim."

"I know." Jim suddenly realized that they hadn't even really kissed yet. Not really. Blair had been ill, after all, and all Jim had done so far was brief kisses on the forehead and occasionally on the lips, but nothing more than a light promise. Odd to be discussing sex when their lips had barely met yet.

Cautiously, he drew Blair forward, angling a little so they faced each other. Blair looked up at him, understanding. Then he moved forward, meeting Jim, and they kissed.

It was everything but chaste. It was deep, demanding, and just as strong from Blair as from Jim. Before Jim quite knew what was happening, he was stretching out on the couch, pulling Blair to lie on top of him, their mouths somehow never losing contact.

Finally, Blair pulled away a fraction to take a deep breath. "Now that's a kiss," he said softly. Then he bent down for more.

For a long time, they followed an easy pace, cuddling and necking. Somehow their shirts disappeared, but Jim was careful to make sure it went no further than that. Blair seemed to have no problems with kissing, proving to be quite good at it, as his lips traced over Jim's, then parted to accept Jim's tongue inside. Jim could have zoned on that alone. Blair was soft and warm, and tasted vaguely of the medicine he was faithfully taking. That thought made Jim smile behind the kiss.

After a long time, Jim pulled back a little, taking a break. Blair sighed happily, and laid his head trustingly on Jim's chest, and was able to hear the steady beat of his Sentinel's heart. It was reassuring, and soothing, and Blair could understand why Jim focused on his own heartbeat as an anchor.

"Jim?"

"Um?" Jim was contentedly stroking the long curls, and not inclined to end his activity.

Blair lifted his head up to look at the older man. "I was wondering. We know that I'm flying blind here, but I just realized that I don't know if you've done this before. With a man, I mean."

A warm smile crossed the Sentinel's face. "Yeah, Chief, I have." Then the smile faded a fraction. "But not for a long time."

"Incacha," Blair nodded, suddenly completely certain.

"Yeah. There were a few other guys before Incacha, but none since then." For a minute, Jim had to close his eyes, remembering his friend, his first- temporary- Guide, his lover for a time. Even now it was hard to accept that Incacha was gone.

A small touch on his forehead drew him out. Blair was smiling sadly, his eyes understanding. "I'm sorry," he murmured.

Jim shook his head. "Incacha would be happy for us. He suspected there was something between us, you know."

"Really?" Blair grinned. At Jim's nod, and returned grin, he snorted. "Little did he know that not only was there nothing, but your Guide here isn't exactly the 'table leg' of legend. I doubt he suspected that."

"Oh, there was something between us, Chief. There has been for a long time."

"There has been, hasn't there?" Blair mused. "But I'm glad that at least you know what we're doing here, seriously. Actually, I'm kinda relieved." He looked at Jim, the blue eyes searching and pleading. "I really need you to be the Guide in this, Jim."

The older man returned the serious gaze. "I know," he said simply. Blair trusted him with this, and he would prove worthy. Then he pulled Blair in for a long hug.

After a time, Jim heard Blair yawn, and knew that he was tired. "It's getting late. Why don't we head up to bed?" He detected the brief increase in Blair's heartbeat.

"Um, your bed?"

"Our bed. Upstairs."

Blair shook his head. "I know this is really stupid, since we've been sleeping in the same bed for a week, but well, you know."

"Hey," Jim patted his back. "It's not stupid. It's not the same meaning now. Before, you were sick, and me piling blankets on you and practically force-feeding you medicine isn't very romantic."

"Me hacking every hour sure wasn't a good mood setter," Blair agreed, relaxing as he realized that Jim understood his nervousness. Jim would always understand.

"I think this is really our first night sleeping together, Chief. Another reason we're not rushing."

"You don't put out on the first date, Ellison?" Blair asked, an evil little smile curling his lips.

Jim groaned. "No. Although you could probably tempt me to it. Now quit arguing."

"Okay." Blair sat up, stretching a little. Jim followed him. "Just give me a few minutes in the bathroom."

"No problem."

Jim spent the time shutting off the lights and locking the loft up. He tried hard to not listen to his lover, but a slight sound caught his attention. He paused, then grinned; it was Blair humming. The tune was unfamiliar, but it's meaning was clear- Blair was relaxed, and happy.

Blair emerged from the bathroom and Jim went in briefly while Blair headed for his bedroom- his old bedroom- to change. Jim met up with him outside the bedroom. Blair was wearing his usual T-shirt and sweats, while Jim had stripped down to only his boxers. The younger man blinked.

"Oh, ah, wait a sec," he said and went to pull off his shirt.

"Chief, you don't have to, you know."

"I know," Blair said as he pulled the shirt off. "But somehow I doubt that I'm going to be cold tonight." He grinned as he rejoined him.

'Damn right', Jim thought. Aloud he said, "Only if you're comfortable."

"Jeez, Jim. I seem to recall you giving me a couple of baths, and I was totally buck-naked at the time. I think I can handle this just fine." He took Jim's hand and tugged him upstairs. The older man laughed as he allowed himself to be pulled along, happy that Blair was relaxing and so far at ease.

Only once they were actually in the bedroom did Jim detect a slight hesitation from Blair. He was staring at the bed, obviously uncertain what to do. "Which side do you want, Chief?" Blair looked at him, then over at the huge bed.

"Um...by the wall?" At Jim's nod, he climbed into the bed, visibly relaxing again once he was partially covered. Jim shut off the overhead light, but left on a small dim lamp near the top of the stairway that would allow enough light for Blair to see a bit, thinking it might be easier for him in this new place if he could see at least a little. He got in beside him, pulling the covers up, and reached out and put an arm around Blair, drawing him close. Blair settled beside him with contented sigh, shifting to get more comfortable. They ended up with Blair's head on Jim's chest, Jim's strong arms cradling his Guide protectively.

"This is nice," Blair said.

"Yeah, it is," Jim agreed happily. He had thought to cuddle, kiss a little, and go to sleep, with nothing more, but suddenly having Blair right there in his bed, in his arms- he had to do more. It had been easy to be chaste and keep desire in check when Blair had been ill, but now...the scent, the feel of a near-healthy Blair was overwhelming. All his instincts were screaming to do something to mark his mate, his Guide.

He slowly rolled so Blair was underneath him, and began kissing down his neck. Blair purred a little, even when Jim traveled down his chest. "Is this okay, baby?"

"Oh, yeah." Blair buried his hands in Jim's hair, and guided him down. "Please?"

Jim smiled, then kissed one brown nipple, lightly teasing it to tautness. The little moans from Blair showed his own pleasure, as the Sentinel happily tasted more of his Guide. After a short time, he moved his lips and kissed the area above Blair's heart. Sucking carefully, teasing, he then gave a little nip that would leave a small mark, a sign of love, a sign of possession. He rose back up and kissed Blair on the lips.

Blair returned the kiss with a warm smile. "You don't need to be that cautious, Jim. I mean, I've had hickeys before, and even given a few."

"Um..." Jim thought for a minute, a teasing look in his eyes. "Someone else touched my Guide? I'm not sure that I like that at all. I would have preferred you being locked away in a monastery somewhere until I came for you, to ensure that no one had any access to you." Blair snorted as Jim continued his musings. "That would really be best, come to think of it. You locked away, with only trusted monks and your books until I decided it was time to collect you. And you were raised to know that you were mine, and only mine, and patiently waiting for me."

Blair pulled an extra pillow out from under his head and swatted Jim with it. "Just how much of this fantasy of yours is total Jim bullshit, and how much is possessive Sentinel bullshit?"

Jim chuckled as he pulled the pillow from Blair's hands. "Okay, okay. Let me think. Twenty-five...no, 33% total bullshit, 33% idle Sentinel fantasy, and 33% I-would-feel-sorry-for-the-monks reality."

The younger man laughed as he tried to snatch the pillow back. "And the left over 1%?" Jim met his eyes with an intense gaze, all his teasing vanished.

"Total wish it could be true."

Blair paused, but smiled in understanding. "It is, kinda," he said softly, letting his hand forget trying to grab the pillow and instead rest on Jim's chest. "All you need to do is substitute academics for the monks, and school buildings for the monastery."

"Um, maybe," Jim mussed. Funny how things all seemed to be falling into place, and everything was so right between them. He thought back to Incacha, and realized that his old friend would indeed be happy for them. Incacha had said something to Jim once, that his true Guide was waiting for him. At the time, it had meant nothing, merely another mysterious thing he was coping with along with his senses. But now... it seemed that Blair had been made only for him.

No, Jim corrected himself. They had been made for each other.

A long yawn from Blair drew him out of his musings. "Come here," Jim lay back down and drew Blair against him again, feeling the smaller man molding comfortably to him. Their bodies fit as perfectly as their minds. "I think you're ready to fall asleep."

"I think you're right," Blair agreed sleepily.

"Good." Jim gave a light kiss to the curly hair. "Go to sleep, then."

Blair raised his head a fraction. "Thanks, Jim," he said quietly. "You were right- this is perfect for tonight." A grin crossed his face. "But soon..."

"Lord help me. I have a feeling that I won't be able to keep up with you when you're healthy," Jim teased.

"Um," Blair yawned again and laid his head back on his new pillow- Jim's chest. "We'll see," he murmured. A few little shifts, and he settled down. Within minutes, his relaxed and even breathing told Jim that he had fallen asleep.

"We'll see indeed, Chief," Jim said quietly, giving the long curls one more pat. Then he let himself relax and follow his Guide into sleep.


That night started an easy, relaxed pattern for the next few days. Evenings were spent cuddling, talking, kissing, and with caresses that grew bolder and bolder. Mostly from Blair. Jim was still trying to pace it slowly, but it was Blair who more often than not initiated something new. His natural curiosity and eagerness made Jim nearly laugh sometimes with joy, something that he had never felt before. It was like learning how to love, and make love, all over again, seeing it through the eyes of his Guide.

The third night, Blair had gone to bed first, and when Jim joined him, he pulled him close- and instantly realized that Blair was not wearing his boxers. An impish grin greeted him when he looked up.

"You okay with this?" Blair asked, a bit nervously.

"Perfectly, baby. Give me a second." Jim maneuvered a little, and soon his own boxers were discarded on a nearby chair. He rejoined Blair and felt him cuddle close.

"I like this," Blair said.

"So do I, believe me."

Blair's hand began to explore, traveling down Jim's side, pausing at his waist for a moment, then to his hip. In return Jim's hands ran down the smooth muscles of Blair's back, resting on his buttocks. Blair made a happy sound, an almost growl, and inched closer. The move brought his groin into direct contact with Jim's hip.

Jim growled a little of his own as the touch inflamed him. Their caresses had not gone any further than this before, and for a time they merely explored hips and buttocks, but still avoided direct contact with genitals. Jim was desperately trying to avoid pressing his hips up, not wanting to startle Blair.

Abruptly, Jim stopped and pulled Blair back up to kiss him on the lips, then tuck and cuddle him against his chest. Blair understood already that this was Jim's way of indicating that it was time to stop, or take a break, and he obediently settled back.

After several deep breaths, Jim spoke to explain. "We better stop for now, or something might happen."

"You say that like it's a bad thing," Blair mocked grumbled.

"It would be, right now, I think." Jim laid a hand on Blair's forehead. "You've been running a low fever most of the day. Get some rest, baby, then we'll see about continuing this in the morning, okay?"

"Party pooper," Blair mumbled. But he yawned and didn't resist as Jim pulled the covers up around them firmly. He was feeling a little sick again; it had been his first full day back at the University, and he was exhausted. "You know," he reflected as he snuggled against the smooth chest. "I'm beginning to wonder if we're ever going to...you know."

Jim ran his fingers through the long curls. "Oh, we will, love. But I'm treasuring every single moment of this."

"I am too. I'm not complaining, and you're right about taking it slow. It's just after waiting for all this time...I guess I'm getting impatient here." Blair's words were slurred slightly as he quickly sank into sleep.

"Good things come to those who wait," Jim quipped. When Blair didn't respond, he smiled, and lightly patted the back of his now sleeping lover. Hormones, one; Exhaustion, two. Settling them for the night, he smiled and wondered what would happen when the hormones won.

He got a partial answer the next morning.

Jim woke up and knew immediately that Blair was also awake. He didn't move, as he could also tell that Blair was raised up on one elbow, and that the covers he had pulled over them were now discarded and around his knees. Blair was looking at him.

Pleased, Jim decided to lie still, feigning sleep, waiting to see what would happen. If Blair was feeling bold, he certainly wasn't going to discourage him. It was only fair, as he had seen Blair naked, but as yet Blair had not seen him. Feather light touches, so light even Jim could barely detect them, ghosted over his chest. The hand reached his groin, hesitated, then began to retreat.

Slowly, Jim raised one hand to cover Blair's. "It's okay," he said. Opening his eyes, he met Blair's gaze- it was equal parts embarrassment, nervousness, and love.

"Sorry."

"What for?" Jim traced a finger across Blair's lips. "Lovers touch each other- it feels good for both. And I did promise that we could resume where we left off last night." He lifted his head to kiss where his fingers had been. "Now, you were-"

Blair nodded, but still didn't move. Jim took the initiative and guided his hand back down. Slender but strong fingers carefully encircled his penis, which was wide-awake and definitely interested in the proceedings. He let his own hand drop away as Blair gained a cautious grip. Blair felt his heart nearly flip over with excitement, and nerves.

"What do I do?"

The older man smiled at the earnest question. "Just try what feels good for you." He knew from their talks that Blair had not lead such a chaste life that he had never done this to himself. Blair nodded at the direction. Tentatively at first, then more confidently, he stroked the eager organ, his movements becoming bolder as natural curiosity and arousal took over.

Jim made a growling sound and Blair looked at him curiously. "It's good, baby."

"Really?" Jim smiled at the thrilled tone in Blair's voice.

"Yes, really." Obviously encouraged, Blair continued, still raised up on one elbow, his eyes never leaving the sight before him. His hand ran up and down slowly, teasing the tip, then traveling down to tease at the balls beneath.

Jim closed his eyes, and lay back, letting Blair take his time and explore. What Blair lacked in finesses or technique, he compensated for in excitement. And plus, just the knowledge that it was Blair doing this was enough to make him nearly come. Speaking of which...

Jim caught his hand gently, stilling the movement. Blair looked at him, puzzled. "Did I do something wrong?"

"Not at all," Jim managed to gasp. He grinned. "In fact, it's so good, I'm going to come pretty soon. I don't want to startle you if you're not ready for that."

"Oh," Blair bit his lip, considering. "I want... to do that for you."

"God, me too. But only if you're sure."

"I am."

"Okay, but then-"Jim released Blair's hand, then shifted so they were both lying on their sides. He slipped one arm under Blair, drawing him close, and his other hand hovered above Blair's erection, which was as alert as his. "I'd like us to come together."

"Yeah." It was barely a whisper, but there was no hesitation or uncertainty, only eagerness and excitement. Jim could scent the pheromones coming off Blair, could practically taste them. It was more intoxicating than anything he had ever encountered before.

Jim moved them a bit again, making them both comfortable, gathering Blair against him. Blair kept his eyes steadily locked on Jim's until Jim touched his penis, then his eyes slid shut.

"God, Jim," he breathed.

Jim carefully held him for a moment, letting Blair get used to someone touching him so intimately. Then he began an easy slow stroking rhythm, savoring the gasps coming from his young lover. "It's... different," Blair managed after a minute. "Different from when..."

"You do it?" Jim guessed. There was a frantic nod. "Hope it's a good different."

"It...is," Blair assured him. "More...powerful, I think." Blair's hand returned to grasp Jim's cock. He quickly matched the rhythm Jim had set, drawing a gasp from Jim.

'Mental note,' Jim thought. 'Little demon is a quick learner.'

It was only a few minutes until Blair could sense his approaching orgasm. The excitement of finally being with someone during this intimate actbeing with Jim- it was driving him insane. He was desperately trying to keep his hand moving over Jim's erection, but was torn between the unbelievable sensations he was feeling, and wanting to pleasure his lover. "J-Jim, I'm gonna-"

"I know, love." Jim whispered in his ear. "Relax and let it happen." He could feel the trembles running through Blair's penis; feel the instinctive pumping motions of his hips as he arched into Jim's touch. Good Lord, he was ready to explode himself.

As if reading his mind, Blair shook his head, his hair flying. "You...too," he said, and determinedly increased the movement of his hand. Moments later, Blair lost his control as he came.

"Jim!" he almost screamed. Even as the orgasm ripped through him, he had the presence of mind to continue his strokes on Jim, and was rewarded by a shout from the older man. Vaguely, Blair was aware of Jim's own frantic movements against him, could feel the semen bathe his hand. His hips continued to thrust against Jim's groin as he nearly lost consciousness as the orgasm finally abated.

Exhausted, he slumped against Jim, burying his head into the broad shoulder under him. Jim himself was still gasping as he rolled onto his back, pulling Blair on top of him. It took him several moments to regain his breath, and open his eyes, which had closed during the intense orgasm.

"Blair, you okay, love?" Blair still hadn't moved.

The curls moved as Blair lifted his head, and Jim marveled at the look on that beautiful face. He had heard the term "glowing" before, but had never seen it. But now, he knew exactly what it was.

"More than okay," Blair answered. He laid his head back down, and Jim moved a hand to run through the long curls. "Thank you," he whispered, knowing Jim would hear him perfectly.

"Thank you." Jim kissed the top of his head. "That was..."

"Unbelievable," Blair finished. "It was...nothing like what I've felt before, or even imagined." He kissed the chest beneath him. "There's just one thing."

"What?" Jim was immediately concerned. Had he scared Blair? Gone too fast?

Sparkling eyes grinned up at him. "I'm pissed that you made me wait so long for that." What that, he grabbed a pillow and began playfully pummeling the older man, starting a raucous pillow fight.

Jim simply laughed, got his own weapon, and joined in the fun.


The next days flew by in a blur to both Sentinel and Guide. Blair, feeling better each day, returned to his usual schedule of teaching at the University in the morning and early afternoon and then joining Jim at the station. Nights were spent cuddling and continuing their exploration of each other as Blair delighted with each new discovery or act or touch. Jim accused him of being a latent sex-fiend, and Blair earnestly replied that he was making up for lost time.

Still, Jim knew that Blair was nervous about the final act - penetration. He caught Blair more than once studying him, and could tell he was mentally trying to figure out the mechanics of intercourse. The fact that Jim was well endowed was enough to make Blair understand why Jim insisted that they go slow and wait until he was really ready. Jim, for his part, worried that Blair thought that he had to be the "bottom" the first time, and finally brought up the subject one night as they were cleaning the kitchen after supper.

"Chief, there's no reason that when we're ready for that final step, that you can't take me first, you know."

Blair paused in washing the dishes. "You would...let me?"

The older man shook his head. "It's not a matter of "letting" you, Chief. Lovers share all things, including that. You think I would do something to you that I would never have done to me?"

"No, I just hadn't thought about that." Blair considered as he continued with the pots and pans, handing them to Jim to be dried. "I appreciate it Jim, really, and someday, yeah, I'll want to try that. But for now..." He shrugged. "It seems right that you, uh, lead. Like I said, I need you to be the Guide in this."

"Come here." Jim put down the dishtowel and gathered his lover into his arms, giving him a gentle squeeze. "I don't want you to feel pressure about that."

Blair smiled. "I know you don't- that's yet another reason to love you. But I do have a feeling that you need to lead now. I can't explain it any better than I could explain why I never had sex before. It's just a deep gut instinct, I think."

"Okay," Jim hugged him tighter. "We'll stay with that for now. But I want you to know that I'm not trying to dominate this relationship."

"Sure you are." Jim was surprised at the words, but Blair smiled to take out some of the sting. "Come on, big guy, you're the alpha male not just between you and me, but with damn near any group. It's an instinctual thing. The Sentinel is driven to protect, and sometimes protect means control. I'm not offended or feeling pressured in any way, trust me. If I'm going to complain about anything, it's this slow pace you're setting."

Jim shook his head. "Maybe I'm trying to rest up," he suggested with a leer. Blair laughed and threw the dishtowel back at him. They finally got the dishes finished and moved on to more enjoyable things in the living room, and later the bedroom.

The next morning at breakfast, Blair toyed with his food. Jim thought that maybe he wasn't feeling well, but Blair assured him that it was not that. "It's, well, kinda what we were talking about last night."

"What part, sweetheart?"

"Well, I think...it's time." At Jim's look, he continued. "Jim, I love you for waiting and being so patient. You were right that last week would have been too soon. But enough now. Tonight, I want us to have sex- all the way."

"Are you sure you're ready, Chief? Remember, what we have been doing is making love too."

"I know that. But I'm fully recovered, and we've...done some things," Blair grinned a little, "so I'm not as nervous as I would have been." When Jim still hesitated, Blair groaned. "I don't believe this. For years I've rebuffed people, and now that I want someone, he's playing hard to get. For God's sake- what does a guy have to do to get laid?"

"Okay, okay," Jim laughed. "I get the idea."

"Well, tonight you get me." Blair blushed, but the smile on his face never faltered. "It's Friday, we have the weekend off, it's perfect."

"Actually, I'm going to take even the afternoon off." Jim grinned now as Blair raised an eyebrow. "Remember I said that when we fully made love, I wanted us to have an entire evening to relax and be together? I want this to be special."

"It will be, no matter what."

"I know, but I have a few plans."

"Plans?" Blair smirked. "What should I expect?"

Jim took his hands. "To be loved, and seduced. You're right that tonight is perfect. I know you get done early with classes this afternoon, so come home when you can, and we'll spend the evening together."

"Dinner and dancing?"

"Yep."

"I'm kidding, man. About the dancing, I mean."

"I'm not." Jim caressed the hands he held. "I'd love that, and remember, we have the entire evening. No rushing anything."

"I love you."

"I love you, too. Now, it's time to get moving, lazy bones," Jim teased, glancing at the clock.

"Bossy, aren't you?" But Blair quickly got up and gathered his stuff for school. Together, they walked out to their cars. A discreet squeeze to Blair's arm, and Jim saw him off, then got into the truck and headed out, his plans happily perking in his mind.


Blair paused as he stepped out of the elevator, taking a deep breath. The butterflies that had been swirling in his stomach all day were now nearly taking flight and moving over his entire body. Still, it was a good nervous; an excited feeling. Okay, some scared nerves too, he admitted, but he wanted this, wanted Jim. Another steadying breath, and he opened the door.

The loft had been transformed. There were only a few dim lights on; most of the place was illuminated with candles and a roaring fire in the hearth. Soft piano music played on the stereo. Enticing smells wafted from the kitchen. And best of all was Jim, standing in front of the door, waiting for him.

"Welcome home, love," Jim said,

"Jim, wow!" Blair was pulled in for a hug and kiss. "This is incredible," he said when released from the kiss, admiring the setting. Jim obviously hadn't been exaggerating when he had said to expect to be romanced and seduced.

"Glad you approve." There was a gentle pat on his shoulder. "Why don't you go change and get comfortable. I laid some clothes out for you in your old room." They had moved all of Blair's personal things upstairs earlier in the week, and converted the smaller bedroom into a den and office.

Blair kissed him. "Okay, be right back." He hurried off, and put his backpack and papers to grade on the desk, then changed into the old comfortable jeans and polo shirt he found laid out on the neatly made spare bed. Jim had been similarly dressed, and Blair was glad that they were not going formal dress tonight of all nights.

He made a quick detour to the bathroom, and then paused for a moment, gazing at the mirror. For not the first time, he wondered what Jim possibly saw in him- wild hair, short, dumpy compared to Jim's perfectly sculptured physic. Then he raised his chin. Jim did love him, so nothing else mattered.

Idly, he brushed his hair back, still looking at his reflection. Would he somehow feel different after having intercourse? He didn't think so, but still, it was a big step. A right of passage, in most cultures. Then he shook his head; all that mattered was being with Jim.

Returning to the living room, he found that Jim had placed a linen cloth over the coffee table, and was now arranging plates and glasses on it. "We're eating out here?" Blair asked, surprised.

"Yep." Jim smiled. "More romantic in front of the fire."

"No argument here. Just checking to make sure we aren't breaking house rules." Blair was bemused, but happy. He helped Jim carry out their meal of pasta, salad, and breadsticks, all from Cascade's finest Italian restaurant and place it on the table. He was about to sit on the couch when Jim produced a few huge throw cushions, placed them on the floor around the table, and guided Blair to sit down on one. A moment later Jim returned with a bottle of wine chilled in a bucket and settled down beside Blair on the cushion.

"Comfortable?" he asked.

"Absolutely. This is great, man. Perfect."

And it was perfect. They ate slowly, enjoying the meal and the company, talking about the day, just relaxing. Hands touched briefly, smiles exchanged, knowing they could take their time. After the main meal, they carried the dishes back to the kitchen and Jim produced chocolate cheesecake from the refrigerator for dessert. They returned back to the pillows on the floor, leaning against the couch as they finished the scrumptious cake, drinking a little more of the wine. Jim reached out one arm, putting it around Blair's shoulders and drawing him close as they sat back.

"This is wonderful, Jim. Thank you," Blair said sincerely.

Jim pulled him in for a hug. "You're welcome," he answered warmly. He lifted a glass. "Would it be too corny to have a toast?"

"I don't think so." Blair lifted his own glass. "What should we drink too?"

The Sentinel smiled. "To...us," he said simply. They clinked glasses and drank. Jim gracefully took the glass from Blair, and set them on the table. Then he drew him in for a long kiss.

Blair responded eagerly, still thrilling at the activity. Jim was an incredible kisser- like there had ever been any doubt, Blair thought with a smile. Strong, but controlled. Not forceful, but still managing to send a tingle clear down to Blair's toes. He was trying to push Jim to lie down when Jim pulled free.

A large warm hand cupped his face. "Before we go any further, why don't you take the plates to the kitchen, and I'll clean up out here."

The younger man rolled his eyes. "Only you," he teased, "would interrupt romance for cleaning." But he stood and started picking up the plates.

"Maybe I have plans that I want to get to." Jim suggested. Blair paused in his clean up duty.

"Really?"

Jim grinned. "Really," he said. He handed Blair the empty glasses and moved to put a few more logs on the fire. "Put them to soak in the sink." Blair nodded and went into the kitchen. Happy to indulge Jim's neat streak, he added the dessert plates to the ones from dinner, and then shut off the lights after making sure everything was put away.

He walked out from the kitchen, and paused, transfixed. Jim had moved the coffee table and couch back a few feet, creating a more open space before the fireplace. He was in the process of building an enticing pile of large pillows and cushions, spread out before the fire.

"Wow. Jim, this looks like something from a sultan's tent. It's great." Blair admired the pile of bedding as Jim shook out a few silk sheets and spread them on top of the cushions.

"That's the plan," Jim smiled. He tossed down a final pillow, and held out his arms. "Come here." With a few quick steps, Blair filled his arms, willingly hugging him close. Jim directed them a few steps away toward the stereo, reaching over to turn up the music slightly. "I did promise dancing," he reminded Blair.

It was a bit awkward at first, both naturally being used to leading. After a few false starts, Blair finally held up a hand, stilling Jim, then molded himself to the larger man's frame and let himself lean into him, completely relaxing. Jim's arms encircled him and he took over the dance, Blair easily following his lead. It was nothing fancy, nothing that would tear up a dance floor. Merely slow swaying, graceful moving. Spending time in their own world and thoughts.

They began kissing; gently at first, then more demanding. Jim changed their direction, walking now instead of dancing, and Blair let him guide him backwards, trusting Jim to steer him. Soon his feet touched the edge of the "nest" of bedding on the floor.

Blair tugged at Jim's shirt- wanting to get it off now. Jim complied, pulling it quickly over his head. Blair's own shirt was promptly removed by large hands that then ran down his chest to release the buttons on his jeans, and slowly pull down the zipper. Hands slipped beneath the denim and boxes, touching bare skin. They ghosted over his stomach and hips before coming around to his buttocks.

The younger man growled a little, thrusting up, grinding his pelvis into Jim's. The hands on his buttocks pulled him up till he was on his tiptoes, steadying him.

"Put your arms up around my shoulders, babe," Jim breathed. Blair complied, then felt his jeans and boxers being efficiently tugged off, the warm hands sliding them down.

When the clothing was below his buttocks, Jim raised his hands and wrapped strong arms around Blair's back, and then tenderly lowered him slowly to the bedding on the floor. Blair smiled, letting his body relax completely, trusting Jim as he was placed directly in the center of the cushions. The pillows and cushions were so soft and thick, he felt like he was on the best feather bed in the world. Once he was settled, Jim rose up on his knees, then pulled the rest of Blair's clothing completely off.

The younger man watched as Jim stood up only long enough to remove his own jeans, impatiently tossing them back on the couch. As he turned back, Blair caught his breath.

"God, Jim." Lit only by the glowing warm flames from the fire and the various candles, Jim was truly magnificent. Like a bronze statue come to life, Blair thought. He raised a hand up in invitation, and Jim grasped it.

"Come here," Blair said quietly, bidding. Jim dropped to his knees beside him, then stretched out like a cat, so close that their bodies touched from head to toe, but never crushing Blair under his weight. "This sounds like a stupid clich, but what did I do to deserve someone like you?" Blair wondered.

Jim smiled. "I ask myself that same question every time I see you." He ran a strong finger across one of the fine cheekbones, straying down to his lips. "My Guide, my philosopher, my friend," he quoted. A deep look of love and desire crossed the face that was now soft and tender, instead of its usual hardness. Blair knew he was privileged to see that look, that release of shields. "My soul," the Sentinel added. Touched, Blair smiled and drew him down for a kiss.

"You know," Blair mussed as Jim kissed along his neck. "Part of me is wondering who you are, and what have you done with the real Jim Ellison." There was a snort against his ear. "Well, I can't believe how romantic you really are underneath that tough exterior."

"Only for you," Jim answered, lifting his head. It was true, and both knew it.

Blair raised a hand and lightly touched Jim's face. "Make love to me?" It was half a request, and half a demand. Jim smiled, turning his head to kiss the palm of Blair's hand.

"Always."

Kissing on lips soon moved as Jim traveled down Blair's neck and chest. Blair held Jim's head, fingers running though the soft hair as Jim began teasing the nipples. The younger man arched up into the suction, groaning. Jim took the opportunity to move his hands around Blair's back. He rose to his knees, pulling Blair up with him. They ended up with Blair sitting, Jim straddling him, hugging him close. Blair now began sucking on Jim's nipples and kissing his chest.

Jim groaned at the sensation. Blair's own shaft was straining upwards, teasing at Jim's balls. Blair stroked him carefully, still amazed at this act.

"Want you, Jim," he whispered against his chest. "Want you inside me."

The older man kissed the top of the head that was tucked below his chin. "I will be," he promised. "Later." Blair looked up at him, and Jim smiled as he cupped that expressive face tenderly between his hands. "Later, upstairs, in our bed. Right now, down here, I want to love you in other ways." Blair nodded in understanding as Jim shifted again, laying Blair back down.

"This is for you, love," Jim said quietly. A final kiss to those full lips, and Jim began moving over the body beneath him.

Blair shivered, moaned, and thrilled as Jim proceeded to love every inch of him. Jim knew all his sensitive spots - where he was ticklish, and where touches electrified him. His hips began to instinctively thrust against Jim as his nipples were slowly teased with talented lips. By the time Jim's kisses had reached his groin, Blair was clutching the broad shoulders, panting.

Jim looked up, savoring the sight before him. Blair's eyes were closed, his hair spread out over the silken sheets. With Sentinel vision, Jim could detect a dozen different shades of brown and red and gold in those glorious curls, highlighted by the light from the fire. A fine sheen of perspiration covered his body, and Jim could feel the tremors already beginning deep inside him. His mate, the Sentinel thought with satisfaction and desire. All his, and only his. With something approaching a low growl, he lowered his head and engulfed Blair's penis in his mouth.

As the warm lips surrounded him, Blair stifled a half scream of pleasure. The first time Jim had done this, Blair had come literally within seconds, so thrilled and excited at the new sensation. Now, he grabbed handfuls of the sheets under him and moaned, trying desperately for some control, wanting to try and hold out longer so he could enjoy it more. It proved basically impossible though, as Jim began a steady movement.

His tongue played with the tiny slit at the top, teasing, before sliding down to the base, his lips increasing their pressure, sucking deeply. When Blair began to thrust his pelvis, Jim grasped his hips firmly, holding him still, wanting this to last a little while. Blair whimpered faintly as the sweet torture continued. Jim now moved smoothly up and down, sucking and licking, listening with delight to Blair's little sounds of pleasure.

One of Jim's hands shifted a little, moving down, so his fingers could tease at the tight balls, while keeping Blair's hips still. Blair openly groaned at the new stimulation. Unable to move his hips, he settled for drawing his knees up, shaking with the effort to control himself.

"J-Jim," he gasped.

The other man heard the faint sound, and smiled to himself. He knew Blair was close; in fact, he knew now maybe before even Blair did when he was about to come. There was a change in the breathing, a sudden sharp tension in the muscles. Jim swore he could even feel the semen racing to ejaculation.

Now, he felt those "symptoms" in his beloved.

Jim deep throated him, then finally loosened his hold on Blair's hips. Blair thrust once, twice, and his orgasm hit him full force. He wailed, shaking, as his orgasm continued as Jim sucked him deeply and firmly, eagerly taking all he had to offer. Hands continued to play with his balls and inner thighs, coaxing more tremors out of him.

Minutes later, Blair slumped back, his climax finally abated. Jim savored the taste as he finally released Blair's limp cock from his mouth. A few licks, like a cat lazily finishing a meal, and he looked up, his heart nearly skipping at the sight. If he thought Blair had looked incredible before, it was nothing compared to now. He moved up and stretched out beside him, cuddling Blair close to him, letting him gather his breath.

Blair's eyes opened as Jim settled beside him. He smiled so deeply it came directly from his heart. After a few minutes, he rose up on one elbow and kissed Jim. One finger then began to trace down his chest.

"And this is for you," he said softly, echoing Jim's earlier words.

Kisses covered Jim as Blair hovered above him, his lips trailing down his chest. Jim settled back on the silk covered cushions, letting Blair explore. His own erection was eager for attention, and it was tempting to rush Blair, but he sternly controlled himself. Blair would be able to do what he wanted, at the pace he wanted.

His lover reached his groin, still pressing kisses down his belly to his cock. A light kiss was bestowed on the full erection, and then Blair paused. Jim expected Blair to move back up and finish him with his hand, as he had done previously. Oral sex was as new to Blair as everything else, and he hadn't been fully comfortable performing it yet. Jim understood his hesitations, and had no problems with it. He was preparing to pull Blair back up to snuggle with him, when Blair smoothly took him into his mouth.

God, Jim thought. "Blair- you don't have to-" he gasped in a half-hearted protest, not wanting Blair to feel pressured to return the favor. A hand on his chest quieted him. Unable to resist the desire, Jim laid back, closing his eyes, relinquishing himself to Blair's attentions.

Tentatively at first, then with growing confidence, Blair moved his lips over the massive erection. He was surprised at how hot the organ was, even warmer than it felt in his hand. And in the back of his mind, he was surprised at how easy it was to do this. It was simply another part of Jim - another wonderful part.

Remembering what Jim had done to him, and what he had read about this act, Blair tried to duplicate the move with his lips, tasting and licking. He couldn't take all of Jim in his mouth, but knew that it was just because it was new. He had spent one afternoon actually reading about oral sex, after Jim had performed it on him for the first time, trying to learn what to do. Easy to read on how to relax your throat, Blair thought, harder to actually do it.

Determinedly, he pulled his mind back to the moment. Judging by the gasps and moans from Jim, he was doing okay, and it encouraged him further, eagerly moving his head up and down. His hands rested on Jim's belly, slender fingers clenching and unclenching.

Jim opened his eyes, and nearly came merely at the sight of his beloved. The sight of those lips curled around his cock, so carefully tasting and loving him...it was unbelievable. He reached down and clasped Blair's hands in his own, holding onto him.

"Blair...babe, I'm going to come," he warned. Blair paused, his lips hovering directly above the sensitive flesh.

"I know," he answered simply. "I want you to."

As Blair spoke, Jim felt the vibrations of his lips directly on his cock. It was all the extra stimulation he needed. When Blair wrapped his lips around him again, Jim climaxed, his hips thrusting instinctively into that wonderful mouth. Blair coughed a little, but swallowed as best he could, determinedly continuing to lick and caress. Hearing Jim's cries, knowing he was the one responsible for it, made it easy to continue.

When Jim regained his wits, he tugged on Blair's hands, still entwined with his own, encouraging him to move up. Blair slid up, and Jim possessively cuddled him to his body, rolling so they were on the sides, face to face. Blair tucked his head into Jim's shoulder as large arms enfolded him, one leg stretching protectively over his, completing the full body hold.

The Sentinel smiled. "Thank you, love. That was incredible."

"I'm glad," Blair said sincerely. He lifted his head to look at Jim. "I wanted to do that for you tonight." Then the usual questioning, curious look appeared in those blue eyes. "Was it okay?" Meaning, Jim knew, did I do okay?

"Better than okay," he answered. "As I said, incredible." He chuckled a little. "Quick learner, aren't you?" Blair smiled proudly in return.

The older man shifted them a little, getting more comfortable. For long minutes, they lazily snuggled, occasionally kissing, relaxing after their shattering orgasms. For not the first time, Jim noted how perfectly Blair fitted, molded, to his body; as if he had been made for him.

Jim pushed a few pillows around, then grasped the edge of one of the sheets, drawing it over his mate. The fire was still going strong, but the Sentinel had no intentions of letting his Guide get cold.

"Do you want to take a short nap, sweetheart?" he asked, hearing and feeling Blair yawn against him.

There was a pause. "Sorry," Blair said sheepishly.

"Hey, nothing to be sorry for." Jim chuckled. "Kind of flattering actually to know that I can exhaust you. Now I know how to get you to go to sleep at a decent hour." Blair laughed softly in agreement. "Seriously, love. It's still early; we have plenty of time left in the evening. I might have a little rest too."

"Um...okay, but just for a little bit," Blair murmured. Between the incredible sexual thrill, and the warmth from Jim and the fire, he was feeling lazy and completely relaxed. He snuggled more into Jim's arms, and dozed off.

Jim held Blair during his nap, watching the flames from the fire, stroking the long curls that spread across his chest. With a smile, he realized how deeply content and happy he was at that moment. All things considered, Jim wasn't sure if he had ever been this settled and truly happy with life. Certainly he had never felt this peace as a child, or in Peru, or even during the good time of his marriage to Carolyn. There had always been something missing, something not completing his life. Now he knew what it was- a brainy, loving, infectious anthropologist. His Guide.

After about twenty minutes, there was a change in Blair's breathing and heart rate. Jim kissed him as he woke up.

"Um...." Blair stretched luxuriously "What a wonderful way to wake up. What are my chances of getting that every morning?"

Jim kissed him again. "Oh, pretty good, I'd say." Blair grinned as he returned the kiss. "Have a good nap?"

"Great. But the best part is waking up with you; it always is." Blair ran a hand through Jim's hair. "Well, I'm rested up. How about you?" he asked with a suggestive smile.

Good Lord, the kid really was a latent sex fiend, Jim thought fondly. Then he beamed as he realized how lucky he was to have one of those for a Guide. He patted Blair's shoulder as he moved, sitting up.

"Stay here, and relax. I'll be back in a few minutes."

"Okay." Blair stretched again, and Jim had to take a deep breath at the sight, trying for control. He knew Blair probably had no idea of how seductive he looked, spread over the silk bedding, the fire illuminating him perfectly. It took a great deal of self-control to make himself leave.

He made a quick trip to the bathroom, setting up his next round of plans, but stopped cold when he returned to the living room. Blair had rolled over onto his stomach, giving Jim a perfect view of his buttocks that made Jim's cock sit up and take notice. He didn't realize he was staring until Blair's voice cut though the lust induced haze.

"Jim? Jim, is something wrong?" Blair was getting to his feet, concerned. Damn, he thought, had Jim zoned? He was about to speak again, when Jim finally moved.

In a few quick steps, Jim was beside Blair, drawing him close. "I'm fine," he assured him.

"You looked zoned," Blair pointed out, still worried.

"I kinda was." At Blair's questioning look, Jim added. "Zoned on you. You really have no idea how incredibly beautiful you are, do you?" Blair blushed and lowered his head at the compliment, but he was obviously pleased.

"Zoning on me. That's a new one."

Jim shook his head. "Not really. I think I do it all the time, but in smaller ways. I focus on your heartbeat, your voice. Now I have your body to compete with all that." He gave him a quick hug, then guided him into the bathroom.

Blair smiled at the sight that greeted him. The tub was full of warm, scented water, and candles provided the only light, casting the room into a sensual glow. "A bath?" he asked, in obvious delight.

"Yeah. Thought it would feel good to clean up after our...activities." Jim grinned to lighten the moment as he stepped into the tub.

"Sounds great." Blair accepted Jim's steadying hand as he following him into the bath. He settled down quickly between Jim's long legs, his back pressed to Jim's chest. "This is certainly different from the first time you gave me a bath," Blair observed with a smile.

There was a snort. "No kidding," Jim said, recalling the bath he had given Blair when he was so sick from the pneumonia. "I was worried about you."

"I know you were. That's one reason I'll never forget that night." Blair purred a little as Jim began to run the bath sponge over them. "I mean, I'll remember it because that was the night we admitted we loved each other, but also because I know you cared about me so much. You took such good care of me- it really meant a lot to me."

Jim hugged him, pausing with the bathing for a moment. "It was easy to take care of you," he said simply. "I love you."

"And I love you." Blair tilted his head back, twisting his neck so they could kiss. The movement made his buttocks brush firmly against Jim's cock, which happily reacted to the stimulation. Jim felt Blair's heart rate increase as Blair became blatantly aware of the large erection that was tantalizing close to his perineum- the very spot where, if all went according to plan, he would soon let Jim inside. Blair hesitantly moved back a little, still very aware of the cock that was now nestled between his buttocks.

"Nervous?" Jim asked quietly.

"A little, yeah." Blair knew better than to try to lie to his Sentinel. "I mean, I know and understand everything intellectually, but that's a far cry from actually experiencing it physically."

"Yeah, I guess it is," Jim agreed. He was beginning to think that the bath concept had been a bad idea when Blair pushed his buttocks back again.

"But I'm really excited about experiencing it physically," Blair said softly.

With that, Blair moved, standing up and stepping from the tub. Jim followed him, taking his lead. They quietly dried each other off; putting on the bathrobes that Jim had placed there earlier, and returned to the living room. Jim carefully began extinguishing the candles while Blair stood by the pile of bedding on the floor. The older man saw the questioning, thoughtful, look on his friend's face.

"We can make love in front of the fire any other time you want, Chief. But the first time, I want us to be upstairs, in a real bed. You deserve that." Blair nodded, touched at Jim's care and thoughtfulness.

Jim finished with the candles and returned to Blair. Hand in hand, they walked upstairs, going slowly in the near darkness. Once at the top of the stairs, Jim put his hands on Blair's shoulders, stilling him.

"Wait here. I'll get some light so you can see." Blair nodded as he felt Jim slip past him into the room. A moment later, a flicker of light flared as Jim lit a match, and then began lighting candles that were placed around the room. As his eyes adjusted to the dim light, Blair saw that Jim had prepared this room as carefully as he had the entire evening.

New sheets, also silk from the look of them, were on the large bed with the quilt pulled back. Jim put on a CD on the small stereo when he finished with the candles, and the soft piano instrumental music drifted peacefully. Blair smiled as Jim returned to him.

"Jim, it's all so wonderful..." he trailed off, shaking his head, unable to find words.

Jim answered by kissing him with passion, his hands threading through the long curls. Blair willingly leaned into it, letting Jim control the kiss. Finally, Jim pulled his lips away from Blair's, and hugged him close, hands moving to his shoulders.

"Let's go to bed," Jim said quietly.

Blair nodded and followed Jim's guide to the bed, stopping when he reached the corner of the furniture. Hands on his shoulders turned him around so he was again facing Jim. He caught his breath as he saw the look on Jim's face- passion, power, and love. Primal, Blair thought.

Jim removed his robe, and then loosened the tie on Blair's robe and slowly slid it down his shoulders, finally letting it fall to the floor. He moved closer, then surprised Blair by bending down a little and easily picking him up. Blair's arms went around Jim's shoulders and he was tenderly held for a minute, then lowered to the bed, Jim's body following him closely.

Blair maintained his grip on Jim's shoulders as Jim laid them down. He stretched out beside him like a giant cat, again their bodies touching from head to toe, but never putting his greater weight on the smaller man. For not the first time, Blair marveled at how carefully Jim measured his strength. He knew Jim could crush him, could probably do whatever he wanted to, but he was so incredibly cautious around him, treating him as if he were made of fragile porcelain. Blair knew that to Jim, it was just another way of showing his love and protection.

As if reading his mind, Jim raised up a little on one elbow so he could look directly at Blair. A warm hand cupped his face. "Chief, anything we do that doesn't feel right, or if you get nervous, we stop right there. I'm not going to do anything to scare you."

"I know." Blair lifted a hand to cover Jim's. "I trust you."

A muscle twitched in Jim's jaw, the only outward sign of his struggle to stay calm. "I know," he echoed. He would not betray that trust.

They settled into kissing and caressing, hands growing bolder in a short time. Blair caught hold of a sensitive nipple, teasing it as Jim's hands rubbed up and down his back in long, languid strokes, slowly stoking the fire. They strayed lower, to his buttocks, and gripped them lightly, pulling Blair against him. Blair gasped a little as Jim's erection made contact with his stomach, straining upwards to get more of that delicious feeling.

Jim moved over him in an easy motion, one long leg swinging over so he was straddling Blair again, still keeping the majority of his weight on his legs and hands. Blair settled under him comfortably, turning himself over to Jim's ministrations. Jim moved up a little and the younger man again caught hold of a nipple with his lips, teasing and sucking, and his hands came up to rest on Jim's shoulders.

Jim concentrated on kissing and caressing, determined to put Blair at ease- by driving him crazy. He had to be consumed with passion and desire. So much so that he wouldn't fear him.

With a gasp, he managed to pull away, and, leaning over the edge of the bed, picked up a bottle that had been resting on a heating pad on the floor. He held it up so Blair could see it clearly- massage oil.

Sitting up a bit, he opened the bottle and slowly, sensuously, drizzled a little over Blair's upper chest and shoulders. The younger man groaned, his eyes closing in pleasure as Jim began to massage him, smoothly spreading the warm, musky smelling oil into his skin.

Jim deliberately played for a long time with the small nipples- he had learned early on that they were an incredible erogenous zone for Blair, and he was determined to take advantage of that now. Pausing only to pour more of the warm oil on the sensitive skin, Jim continued to massage Blair's entire chest, then traveled back up to his shoulders. A little more oil, and he gently stroked Blair's arms, clasping his hands between his, tracing a line on the palm of one hand.

After just barely touching the hips and stomach, Jim rose up on his knees. "May I massage your back, sweetheart?" he asked carefully, quietly. Blair smiled as he immediately rolled over, eyes still closed in satisfaction. Jim settled back a little, careful to put only some of his weight on Blair. He continued the oil massage over the broad back, then slowly began moving his hands lower and lower, brushing Blair's buttocks now, and sliding to cover his hips.

All the while, he monitored Blair's vitals, gauging his level of arousal. When Blair began grinding his pelvis into the mattress, groaning so softly only a Sentinel could hear it; he knew Blair was ready to move on.

Jim turned so he was lying on his side and slid an arm under Blair's chest to draw him close so they were facing each other. Those incredible blue eyes opened now, and smiled as Blair reached over to take hold of the bottle of oil. Blair carefully returned the favor, massaging Jim's chest and what he could reach of his back.

The older man let Blair continue for a few minutes, enjoying the sensual touch, pleased at Blair's actions. Then he caught Blair's hand gently in his, stilling then, and drew him in for a long, deep, kiss. When he broke away, he saw the desire clearly flaming in Blair's eyes. He took a deep steadying breath.

"Draw your top leg up, babe, like this." Jim grasped Blair's right leg and drew it up so it was slung over Jim's hips. Blair nodded in understanding, and settled himself, putting his arms around Jim's shoulders. Jim then slowly pushed one of his knees forward, situating it between Blair's legs, helping to hold them apart. The position would allow Jim to prepare Blair while they were still face-to-face, and Blair could hold onto him. His position also made Blair aware of Jim's large erection again, now next to his own, but he only shivered in anticipation and excitement, deliberately humping a little forward.

"Easy," Jim said, and it sounded like a half gasp. Blair lifted his head so he could see Jim's face and smiled. He watched as Jim located and picked up a small tube that had been placed under some of the pillows.

Jim looked up sharply as he detected the sudden increase in Blair's heart rate. Before he could say something, Blair laid a gentle finger on his lips.

"I'm okay," Blair assured him quietly. "Nervous, yeah, but I want this." He rose up to place a kiss where his finger had been, then laid back down.

Jim tightened his arm that was under Blair, then reached over Blair with his other arm to give him a brief hug. Then he began to open the tube.

"Remember, love, anything that doesn't feel right, or if you need to stop, let me know." Blair nodded against his chest, now suddenly shy as he realized they were about to start.

"Talk to me, okay?" he asked. "I think it'll help if I know...you know, what you're doing."

The older man could understand that. Blair was used to words- they were his heart, his comfort, his way of expressing himself. And knowing what to expect for each step would help alleviate the unknown.

"Okay, but you talk to me too, love. I need to know how you're doing." There was a sigh.

"Can't you tell?" Blair thrust against him again, making his arousal very plain.

Jim groaned. "Now, stop that," he said mock sternly. "Or the show will end before it even begins here." Blair laughed a little, then relaxed, turning himself over to his lover.

Jim opened the tub and squeezed a generous amount onto his index finger. He laid the tube down, and gently began to stroke Blair's buttocks with his free hand. "I'm only going to touch you there at first, babe. It's just another touch, nothing else right now."

"Okay." Blair took a deep breath.

Jim's free hand moved between the perfect buttocks, spreading them a little. Then the finger with the lube reached down and touched Blair's anus. Jim was careful to keep his touch light, slowly rubbing circles, letting Blair get used to being touched in his most private place.

"It feels good," Blair whispered. He sounded a little surprised. "I mean, not that I though it would feel bad, but it's...better than I thought."

"Good." Jim kissed the top of the head that was now tucked under his chin and continued the slow rubbing, now pressing a little more, but still making no attempt to enter him. After a minute, he picked up the tube again.

"Ready to try one finger, babe?" he asked carefully.

"Yeah." The rubbing had certainly felt good, and Blair was eager to see what it would feel like now.

Jim returned his lubed finger to the spot. "I'm going to go real slow, sweetheart. You tell me when to start."

"Start now," Blair hinted. Jim chuckled, hearing the eagerness in that voice, then very slowly pressed against the rosebud opening. It gave way, and he slowly entered.

"Oh, wow," Blair gasped.

"Is that a good wow?" Jim asked.

"Very good, "Blair hastily assured him. "It's...erotic"

"That's the idea." As they talked, Jim continued to slowly press until his finger was all the way inside. He then stopped, keeping his finger still, letting Blair adjust to the sensation. Truth be told, Jim needed to stop and get his own breathing under control. Blair was so hot and tight, and it was Blair he was doing this to...his cock immediately surged a little, hinting that it wanted in soon. 'You are just going to have to wait,' Jim thought sternly. 'Get in line.'

Blair shifted a little, tentatively moving his hips back a fraction. "Shouldn't you...like, move, or something?" he asked, uncertain.

The older man smiled. "Okay, very slow." Blair nodded against his chest as Jim began.

Jim started an easy stroking, simply moving his finger in and out. He felt Blair shiver against him, and his breathing ease as he began to get more accustomed to the sensation. Several long minutes passed, as Jim had no intention of rushing this. Blair growled a little as Jim paused.

"I'm going to use two fingers now, Chief."

"Good." It was such an honest sigh; Jim smiled and kissed him again.

Two fingers definitely stretched more, but again, Jim held them still until he felt Blair ease against him. Then he moved slowly, now beginning to scissor them a little, trying for more of a stretch. His cock was now plainly telling him to hurry up, but he ignored it as best he could.

"How you doing, sweetheart?" It was more of a question to just get Blair talking and more at ease; he could tell from his monitoring of Blair's vitals how he was.

"I like it," Blair answered. His face was still buried against Jim's shoulder and Jim swore he could feel a blush. "I can tell it's...stretching, or whatever, but it's okay."

"I'm going to try something, babe. This should feel good." His long middle finger had found the little nub deep inside Blair, but he had been careful to not brush against it strongly yet, wanting Blair to first get used to the fingers before trying a new stimulation. Now, he deliberately rubbed it.

The effect was electrifying. Blair arched against him, gasping, his hands seizing hold of Jim's shoulders. "God! Jim, what-"

"Your prostate gland." Jim had stilled his fingers, letting Blair enjoy that feeling. "For most people, it's pretty intense. Think you're one of them."

Blair managed a laugh. "I'd say so," he murmured. He shifted against him. "Do it again?" he hinted. Jim complied, gently rubbing the spot, drawing more cries from his Guide. Blair's whole body shook a little, and Jim could feel his erection grow, now sometimes nudging against Jim's engorged organ as Blair awkwardly shifted his hips, trying for an instinctive rocking motion. "When you're inside, will you be...touching there?" he asked.

"Definitely."

A long happy sigh. "Can't wait."

"Well, you need to wait a little more. Okay to try three fingers now?" Blair nodded. Jim withdrew his two fingers, added more lube and began pressing three into his beloved.

This time, there was definitely more stretching. Blair tensed against him, his heart rate skyrocketing as his passage spasmed against the invading fingers. "It's... tight." Jim could hear the strain in Blair's voice. He immediately stilled his movements.

"Okay, try to relax, babe. Listen to the music," he said, referring to the piano CD that was still playing softly. "I won't move until you tell me." He tried to hug Blair closer to him, his free hand stroking the long hair, petting him. Blair's fingers dug into his back a few times, then he felt Blair take a deep breath and slowly release it, obviously trying some of his meditation relaxation techniques. Jim hoped it would work.

It did. Blair's entire body did ease a little, the muscles loosening. A few more breaths, and Blair had regained his calm. Jim felt the tight passage relax again, more accepting now.

"That's it," Jim said quietly, encouraging. "No rush, take your time."

A minute later, Blair nodded. "Okay," he said. "Move."

Jim trusted his Guide's judgement, and resumed his fingers' slow pumping. Blair caught his breath a few times, but remained relaxed, clearly enjoying the sensation again. Jim deliberately brushed the little gland again, wanting to give Blair more pleasure after the discomfort. The younger man arched, groaning, his cock jumping happily. Pleased, Jim touched the little spot again and again, now drawing soft cries from Blair.

"Jim...please, inside."

"A few more minutes, love." Jim whispered against his hair. He wanted to make damn sure Blair was as stretched as he could be. Blair shivered against him, hips now moving smoothly back to meet the thrusting fingers.

Blair moved his head so he could kiss Jim. It was fierce and demanding, unlike all of Blair's previous kisses. "Jim---" he said warningly.

"Okay, love." Jim took the hint; Blair knew his own body and knew he was as ready as he could be. He slowly withdrew his fingers and placed his hands on Blair's shoulders.

"Roll over on your side, Chief, facing away from me." His hands guided as Blair followed his directions.

"I thought...on my stomach," Blair said, even the curious scientist at this point.

"Laying on your side is the easiest way, babe. You can relax better in that position, and not have any pressure or my weight on you." Blair nodded frantically, only half understanding. Jim seized the tube again, and put a ridiculous amount on his cock, determined to do anything he could to make it easier.

Once Blair was situated, and he had put the tube aside, Jim spooned up behind him, one of his legs nudging at the back of Blair's knees. "Draw you knees up a little," Jim said tenderly. Blair complied, and Jim slid an arm under Blair, pulling him in close for another hug. Blair's hands moved up to clutch at Jim's hand and arm.

Jim had to stop and take a deep breath of his own now. It was tempting to roll Blair onto his stomach and plunge right in, but he would never allow himself to do it. No matter what his cock was screaming.

He lined himself up with Blair's entrance, then paused. His other arm wrapped over Blair's hips, holding him.

"Grip my hands, Chief." Blair did. "Try to lay still, let me do all the moving."

"I love you," Blair whispered. He could feel Jim's cock at his entrance and shuddered a little.

"And I love you," Jim answered. "You're my heart, my soul." He felt Blair take a long deep breath, and slowly let it out; then he moved his hips.

Blair instinctively tensed at the sensation as Jim began to enter him. It was insistent pressure, becoming more demanding. Then the pressure turned into a flash of pain as Jim slid inside him, forcing past the muscular ring.

"Ow..." Blair struggled to stay calm, tried to remember how to breathe. He could hear Jim talking to him, murmuring a string of reassuring words in a frantic, strangled voice. Without realizing it, Blair tried to move forward, away from the intruder, and Jim's hand tightened on his hip, holding him still.

"I'm sorry, love, so sorry that its hurting you." Jim was battling between conflicting sensations. His cock was in heaven and his body wanted to continue and finally allow completion, but his mind was screaming to stay still, to give Blair time to adjust. He was barely inside, and wondered how he could stand it much longer before the urge to thrust overcame him.

"It's...okay," Blair gasped. "Getting...better." The younger man managed a few breaths, regaining his wits. Knowing that tensing up would only worsen the pain, he tried to relax again, forcing himself to calm.

"Shhhh," Jim murmured reassuringly. "That's the worse of it, I promise." Jim was raining kisses on his neck, almost frantically.

Blair gripped Jim's hands. "I love you, it's okay," he repeated. He took a deep, calming breath, letting it and some of the tension flow out. Jim felt him relax around his cock, accepting again. He waited a few moments, then pushed forward a fraction more. Blair squirmed, but calmed more quickly this time. After several more increments, Jim was fully sheathed inside.

"All the way in, baby. Worst is over."

"Its not...so bad, " Blair tried to reassure him. "Just...new, you know? Unexpected."

"I know." Jim was rubbing Blair's hip now, still kissing his neck and hair, trying to pet and reassure him. "I know it's hurting, but it won't last."

The younger man kissed the hand that was clasping his. "It's already better," he said truthfully. He could feel himself adjusting, accommodating Jim. It stung now from the stretching, but the real initial pain was fading. "Um...move?" he suggested, uncertain what to do now.

Jim almost laughed in relief, knowing that Blair was feeling better. His cock was doing anything but laughing; instead it was cheering and yelling for movement, seconding Blair's suggestion. "In a minute, love," he said. "Relax some more, get more used to it."

"But you..." Blair knew from the feeling of Jim inside him that he was obviously fully erect and eager.

"I can wait," Jim replied firmly. It was true, he told himself, gritting his teeth. He would wait forever if he had to. To take his mind off his own erection, he moved his free hand over Blair's hip to gently grasp his cock. Blair's erection had faltered, but after a few easy strokes from Jim, it began to wake back up.

"That...feels good," Blair gasped. He was relaxing more, just leaning back into Jim, trusting him. He squirmed, but with reawaking desire now, remembering how good Jim's fingers had felt, and wanting to feel that again.

Taking a steady breath, Jim carefully pulled his hips back, and then made a gentle, slow, undulation forward. Blair gasped, then tried to respond with an awkward move of his own.

"Lay still, babe," Jim urged him. "It's easier the first time if you just let me move." Blair nodded, but moaned now when Jim repeated the slow, gentle move.

Jim carefully stroked the fire inside Blair again, keeping his moves smooth and slow. He felt Blair's cock grow steadily in his hand, responding to the stimulation both outside and inside his body. Feeling bolder, and needing to relieve some of the tension inside himself, Jim thrust a little more firmly, this time rubbing the little gland deep within Blair.

"Jim!" Blair cried. His whole body jerked at the sensation. It was beyond anything he had felt earlier, instantly lighting every nerve ending along his body. His cock throbbed, not just from Jim's hand, but also from Jim's own cock within him. Blair could now feel every inch of Jim clearly, without pain. He whimpered as Jim began a steady thrusting, hitting his gland on each deep inner stroke.

The older man moaned himself as he fell into the rhythm, thrilling at Blair's acceptance. He could feel Blair's erection throbbing, knowing that Blair was no longer feeling pain, only delight. Each one of Blair's cries fueled him on, striving to give the gland a workout, delighting with each move.

A long slow trembling began deep within Blair, making him openly groan. "Jim, it's...so good," he sobbed.

"You're incredible, "Jim breathed between strokes, kissing him frantically. "So good, so perfect." He knew Blair was close; Hell, he was close himself. After so much love and preparation, he knew he wasn't going to last long. His goal now was to make sure Blair came before him. Judging from the tremors he could feel, he knew it would be soon. Just a few more strokes, a few more thrusts---

Blair wailed as his orgasm hit him.

He shook, trembled, and erupted in Jim's hand. Blair practically screamed as the waves rolled over him, continuing far longer than anything he had previously experienced. He seemed to be coming from the inside out, feeling every inch of Jim's cock, like his ejaculation was starting from Jim's erection.

The sudden spasming of his passage clamped down on Jim's penis, with a force that took the Sentinel's breath away. Somehow he managed a few final thrusts, nearly frantic, and climaxed just seconds behind Blair.

It took several long moments for Jim to regain his wits. As he slowly emerged from the haze, he heard Blair's heartbeat- steady, calming, drawing him back to awareness. Immediately, he turned all his senses over to his Guide, checking on him.

"Blair?" A tiny squeeze on his hands answered him. "Are you okay?" Jim had thrust harder than he had intended toward the end, and worriedly cursed himself.

"I'm...wonderful," Blair voice drifted back to him. Jim lifted his head and looked down, his heart swelling at the sight. Blair was still tucked against him, eyes closed, sweaty, hair in wild disarray, and thoroughly sated. He looked delicious.

Jim sighed and leaned forward to kiss his forehead. "Thank you," he said quietly. "Thank you for giving me that, love."

The blue eyes lazily opened. "I should be thanking you," he said, his voice soft.

"We'll call it even," Jim suggested, and Blair smiled tiredly. For a while they laid still, Jim's hands running over the body in front of him, soothing and patting. Finally, he knew he had to move. "Chief, I'm going to pull out now. It might...sting, a little. Grip my hands again." Blair followed his directions. He was so relaxed that there was only a little flex of his hands and a tiny sigh as Jim withdrew from him.

Jim lifted his head, studying Blair's buttocks as he moved away. He frowned, cursing silently as he saw a few traces of blood on his cock and the buttocks. It was only a tiny amount, but it still sickened him to know he had drawn any at all. Carefully, he moved over Blair so they were lying face to face again, and gathered his Guide into his arms, moving Blair as little as possible. Blair molded against him happily, showing no signs of distress or discomfort. Jim sighed in relief at that.

"It was unbelievable," Blair murmured. "I mean, I had no idea how great it would be. It's almost overwhelming."

"Yeah, it sometimes is. That when you know it's real and true." He held Blair for a few more minutes, knowing Blair needed the comfort and cuddling, then decided it was time to take care of his Guide.

"I'm going to get up for a minute, love. Need to get something."

"Okay." Blair rolled onto his stomach, accepting Jim's help to settle him. "Oh," he said. It was very soft, but Jim still heard it.

Hurriedly, Jim went to the dresser and retrieved a few items he had placed there earlier in the evening. He returned to the bed with a small washcloth soaked in water, and a tube of ointment. Blair lifted his head and squinted a little in the dim light as Jim sat back down beside him.

"There's...a tiny bit of blood, Chief," Jim said. "Not much," he added hastily. "Damn, I tried to be careful-"

"Jim," Blair's calm voice got his attention. "You were careful, and I'm not terribly hurt. A little blood is usually to be expected the first time, right?" Jim nodded. "Then don't go feeling bad about it. Trust me, when I remember tonight, I'm going to remember how wonderful and careful you were. I'm not going to remember...that," he waved vaguely toward the washcloth. Then he laid his head back down on his arms with a smile.

Jim felt his heart fill with pride again as he began to carefully attend to his Guide. A few swipes of the cloth cleaned Blair, and then he opened the tube. Squeezing a glob on his finger, he gently massaged the outer muscle.

"That feels nice," Blair said purred. Jim nodded, knowing that the cool ointment had to feel good, relieving some of the burn and sting. He put a large amount on one finger again.

"I want to put some...inside, Chief. This might sting a little."

"Okay." Blair's voice was calm, even lazy. He lay still while Jim carefully moved some of the healing ointment inside. Using Sentinel care, Jim spread the balm carefully, trying to heal, and not arouse. He finished quickly, and then put the items aside and returned to the bed.

Jim gripped the quilt and other blankets that had been at the foot of the bed, and drew then up as he lay down. Blair happily snuggled back into his arms as Jim drew him into a full embrace. "Have I said thank you yet?" Blair asked.

The older man chuckled. "I think we both did," he said. He tucked the blankets around them, arranging pillows and generally fussing until Blair was settled to his satisfaction. They lazily cuddled for a time, Jim stroking the long hair again, knowing it calmed his Guide.

"Seriously, Chief, how do you feel?"

Blair sighed. "A little sore," he admitted. "Right now I doubt I'll be doing any strenuous activity tomorrow."

"Well, that works with my schedule. I was planning to romance you some more and spend most of the afternoon in front of the fireplace watching the game and making out during commercials."

"Is that all I get- during commercials?" Blair said with mock indignation.

"It's a play off game," Jim reasoned. "Big long corporate ads, made just to show during the playoffs. They'll last longer than the game itself."

"Oh, well, in that case-" Blair broke off as Jim kissed him. When Jim finally released him, Blair was thoroughly kissed and bemused. "Is that a sneak preview of tomorrow?" he asked.

"Preview of the rest of our lives, actually." Jim held his gaze. "Forever, Chief."

"Forever."


During the night, Jim stirred, only half awake as Sentinel senses registered something. Part of him immediately recognized the presence, and it was deemed non-threatening, and so he did not fully awake. The presence stood by the bed for a moment, smiling, before lightly touching the young Shaman who slept in his Sentinel's arms- where he belonged. Blair frowned a little, but didn't awake.

Jim had been right. Incacha was happy for them. With a final smile and touch, sealing their bond forever, he returned back to the spirit plane above them.

The End

Note: Jim's quote "My Guide, my philosopher, my friend", is from a work by Alexander Pope.

1

1