Cultural Cross Challenge: Get Your Sk8s On

by Amiroq
---

"Hey, Har, sup?" Tom jumped off his skateboard in a well-executed manuevre that flipped it into the air, and caught it neatly.

"Sup, mate?" his buddy answered, holding out a souvlaki. "Want some kai?"

"Nah, I'm cool. Got a light?"

Harry pulled a lighter out of one of the pockets in his extra-baggy skatie jeans and tossed it to Tom, who used its flame to light a joint. "Ta. Hey, you wanna catch a flick?"

"Nah, this kai broke the bank, eh?"

"Oh, I reckon." He leaned back, puffing contentedly, until Harry spoke up again.

"Far-arck, that wahine ho's got some nice meat on her!" Tom followed Harry's gaze to a teeny-bopper alien blading down the corridor.

"Sure, if yer into that sort of thing."

"What are you, some kind of fag?" Harry exclaimed loudly.

"Yeah, mate. Wanna make something of it?" he answered, voice rising with aggression.

"Nah, mate, eh! Actually, I'm a bit of a queer too."

"You're a fudge-packer? What about Libby, mate?"

"Square peg, eh."

"Oh, real?"

"Too right, mate."

"Strooth. Hey, mate, we should go back to my pad and talk about this over a spot, eh?"

"Ka pai, mate!" Harry answered with a grin, finishing his souvlaki and dropping the wrapper on the ground. Man, Tom was so fine!

---

End


back