Happiness Is A Warm Puppy

by Amiroq
---

Disclaimer: Character theft? Me? Never!

---

They managed to go nearly three weeks before bringing up the subject again. They were sitting on the resort, watching the volleyball game.

Well, this brings back memories, Tom thought wryly. Except that this time, Harry was paying the girls no attention. And though B'Elanna probably would be upset if she came in and he was, she'd have no justification.

"Hey, Tom," Harry said eventually. "You still think I'm on the rebound?"

He paused to think about it. He'd started talking to B'Elanna again, he'd stopped hitting on anything that moved (that had been an interesting phase. He'd had to pull him away from some weaker-willed victims more than once), and they were almost completely back to their old, touchy-feely, comfortable friendship. Life was good, and no, he didn't think Har was still hung up. He said so, and Harry merely nodded. They fell into silence again for all of twenty seconds before his curiosity got the better of him. "Why?"

"Well, you said to ask you again when I was off the rebound. So I was just thinking of a good way to ask you to dinner."

Tom gaped. That was one of the last things he expected, and he wasn't just saying that. Dinner? With Harry? Like on a date? "You're having me on," he accused finally, narrowing his eyes. That was cruel. Very cruel, in fact, and very unHarrylike.

Harry shook his head. "I'm not, I swear. Please, Tom? Tomorrow night?"

"What, you have to ask? Name the place, I'll be there."

The grin that lit Harry's face was stunning, and made him look like the seventh degree of heaven. "My place, 1930. Wear something casual."

"Okay." He considered saying he'd happily wear a barrel if need be, then decided it was probably coming on a little strong. He smiled happily, thinking B'Elanna was going to kill him when she found out.

---

End


back