Continued from part one

Host 3 changes topic to 'Question Under Discussion: Suffering, torture with Angst - who and why?'
<Guest 05> winces at the thought
<Guest 01> So glad I'm a carnivore!
<JiM> One of my betas complains every time I send her a story. "You shot him!"
<MTW> Mulder was born to suffer, friends.
<Drovar> I don't much care for heavy angst, and I avoid any story that smacks of torture or humiliation.  Though angst can be a wonderful thing if done well, and Mulder seems to be the angst favorite of most writers.
<Guest 02> Does that really happen?  I mean, can someone actually whip out the Wet on the first date and start lubing up the starfish?
<Guest 01> But I like hurt/comfort stories.
<MTW> That's nothing, JiM.  Amirin hasn't written an XF story without killing someone.
<MJ> I think Walter suffers beautifully myself.
<Xanthe> Well,  I like Sk to suffer, but only so that he can be comforted. He's very hard to hurt. Much harder than Mulder who is simple to throw angst and pain at.
<JiM> "You maimed him!" "You killed her!"
<Guest 05> Well we love torturing the one we love
<JiM> Right.  What's the point of suffering if it doesn't allow a character to grow or be comforted and have a relationship change because of it?
<Host 1> if comfort is around the corner
<MTW> Mulder cries so beautifully.  Skinner is like Samson, chained to the temple in stoic silence... until he pulls it down.
<MJ> Walter's so busy trying to Hold Up under various crises, and he does it so charmingly...
<Guest 05> Blake's Seven fanfic has the concept of beautiful suffering
<Guest 10> But doesn't he seem to suffer a bit too *much* to you, Drovar?  I mean, some writers he's constantly either
dying from cancer, or getting hit by a bus, or having his heart broken, and that's all that ever happens.
<Host 2> Loved your "One" for that, Xanthe... good hurt/comfort!
Guest 01 hums "You always hurt..the one you love..the one you shouldn't hurt at all..."
<Drovar> Alas I've been told my writing is too *sweet* so I'm not one to comment on angst and such I suppose ,g>
<Guest 02> Poor Walter...
<MTW> Yes!  Suffering should bring change.
<Xanthe> I love self sacrificing, noble, tortured Walter.
<Xanthe> He's so sweet!
<MTW> Chars. should learn something from their suffering.
<JiM> I LOVE your stuff Drovar.  It's not too sticky-sweet but it doesn't score me as I read it.
<Guest 10> I'd have to throw my oar in for Krycek angst - that's what I like to see.
<Guest 02> I also love sexy, smiling, passionate Walter.
<JiM> He's so perfect for it.
<Guest 01> I like Diana's Walter.  Masterful.  Strong.  Dom.
<Guest 07-> I'll take Walter anyway anyhow;P
<MJ> Krycek angst is difficult for me.
<Guest 13> I had a small problem with the ending of 'Three Men in a Boat' angst wise.  I *adore* angst and I loved the situation with Skinner's depression and doubts, but I felt the resolution was too easily come by.  Which is not trying
to point fingers or being negative.  It was a beautiful story.  I just wanted to see something more on an emotional plane in the fix.  Will you be revisiting the problem?
<Guest 02> Krycek angst is wonderful.  Nick Lea has such a beautiful face for it...
<MTW> Oh, but you've done so well in Cornerstone, MJ.
<Xanthe> Actually my favorite of my threesome stories is "Sunday" for the smiling Walter. I love him happy and loved.
<JiM> I can't get into BDSM stuff, though.  That's the shallow end of   believable for me in the angst/torture/humiliation pool.
<MJ> Oh, thanks, MT.  I appreciate that.  It's rough for me to tap that vein, but I try for Alex/WMM.
<Guest 05> Yeah Sunday
<Xanthe> Diana's W is such a  loving dom in the Chains universe.
<Drovar> Well thanks JiM, you know how I feel about your writing <g>
<Guest 01> Yep!
<Guest 02> Skillfully done, BDSM can be very good.
<MTW> Better you than me, MJ.
<Guest 01> Is it Tuesday yet?
<Guest 10> I think it Mulder and Skinner played BDSM games, Skinner would be the bottom.  Which makes every story in the genre very unbelievable for me.


<JiM> AS for "3 Men" question - it's not really a PROBLEM, capital P, that can be solved with one good session in the sack.  It's a state of mind.
<Host 1> granted it is consensual, it can be heaven on earth
<Guest 09> I don't like BDSM either. The only ones I've really enjoyed are Chains, Subterfuge and Taming
<Guest 05> And her W as master in the slave universe
<Guest 01> Taming?
<Guest 09> Taming of Pendrell
<Guest 01> Slave universe?
<Guest 07-> Guest 10... try The Angle (another fave from Xanthe)
<Guest 02> The only way I can see M topping S is if we have no insight into his mind at the time....
<MTW> Training of Pendrell.
<Guest 09> Kassandra's Krycek/Pendrell series
<Xanthe> There are M/Sk BDSM stories where Sk is the bottom, Guest 10
<Guest 02> The Angle is ... okay.
<MTW> Training, not Taming.
<Guest 02> Sorry, Xanthe.
<GUEST 03> I can totally see Walter as the bottom, trying to get away from the stress and all
<Guest 10> Yeah.  There's like one.
<Guest 01> And where does one find this?
<Guest 09> The *only* time I've read a fisting scene that was in any way shape or form sexy
<Guest 02> Fisting? 
Guest 02 faints
<Guest 09> Kassandra's page or The Sock Shoppe
<Guest 01> Oh, ho.  Fisting.
<Guest 05> Yes and AU she's just written, very sweet
<Xanthe> I think it's very realistic that someone as contained as Sk would like to be on the bottom in a BDSM relationship
<Guest 01> The Sock Shoppe?
<Drovar> fisting . . . I did one of those along with BethLynn
<Guest 09> Yes, fisting. Normally I go ewwwwww, but this one was just hot as hell
<Guest 01> Under a rock, evidently!
<Guest 09> Guest 01, The Sock Shoppe is the Pendrell Fic archive
<GUEST 03> What Bottom!Skinner stories are there, except for Xanthe's?
<Guest 05> Batela does an interesting Walter as bottom available at SIS
<Guest 06> Mmmmmm Krycek/Pedrell
Guest 02 gets up
<Xanthe> Guest 14 did the hysterical "Towelfic"
<MTW> We must corrupt Guest 01 more thoroughly.
<JiM> But still...do these characters have TIME to be in some of the extremely detailed BDSM relationships we see?
<Guest 02> Criminy!
<Xanthe> Sk as an amazing bottom, and such a funny story.
<Guest 01> Corrupt me!  Corrupt me!
<MJ> I have to agree with JiM.  I've done the BDSM scene in RL, did nothing for me.  I get less yet from reading it.
<JiM> It takes a LOT of time and energy to fight a conspiracy and be blackmailed and all.
<Guest 02> What about the other Skinnerbottom story you wrote, Xanthe?
<MTW> JiM, you are way too realistic about this stuff.  <g>
<Xanthe> Role Play?
<Guest 02> Yah.  THAT I could believe.
<Guest 02> Funny, too.
<GUEST 03> the one with Master X?
<MTW> These people don't have time to eat, let alone show up at the BDSM club.
<JiM> <g>  I like certain BDSM tales in spite of my stated opinions. Xanthe is great at them.
<MJ> And I think it's facile to say that Skinner's contained, or Mulder's emotional/neurotic, so he MUST...
<Guest 07-> That is good too hehe
<Xanthe> Yeah, that's the one.
<JiM> Darkbrat.
<Guest 02> HAHHAHAHAH!  I screamed in laughter when I read that story....
<Guest 10> Right, JiM.  I especially find stories where they play games 24/7 to be ridiculous....
<Guest 02> The Club in Guest 12's stories seems much more realistic
<MJ> And I know NOONE in the BDSM scene who LIVES it.
<JiM> I don't want to be TOO realistic, mind you, but a certain amount is necessary for me to really get into an author's vision.
<Guest 02> Where it's a weekend thing...
<GUEST 03> and other than Towelfic, was there ever anything?
<MTW> I always say I don't like BDSM, *but*--I've liked Diana's, Xanthe's, and a very few others'.
<Xanthe> I think it's scary when people live BDSM 24/7
<Guest 10> We have someone on the XF slash lists who lives it....
<JiM> But could you belong to a club like that and still work for the FBI?
<MTW> I agree with you, Xanthe.
Guest 02 shrugs
<Guest 02> Diana made me believe it.
<Guest 02> I'll go along for the ride.
<Host 1>  Question: For those that write collaboratively, how do you do it? Do you adopt a character to write for, or interchange?
<Xanthe> I don't think Diana or I write it as a vicious or unpleasant thing. It's consensual, and doesn't go too far.
<Guest 01> Hey!  You were gonna corrupt me!  Let's get with it folks!   Tell me where these stories are!
<Guest 01> I like Diana's stories!  And Xanthe's!
<JiM> Very true, X.  Not meaning to slam either of you.
<Guest 02> Money and position and power can hide lots of things.
<MTW> Diana's and Xanthe's BDSM is a form of game, or theatre--a highly elaborate form of play.
<Guest 01> Yep, I like a safe dom.
<Guest 05> Try Batela's then.  She also has a very sweet M/Sk/Sc as well
<MJ> I get turned off by anything that's way implausible in my own experience and that's why a lot of fan BDSM leaves me stone cold, too.
<Xanthe> Unsafe doms are scary.
<Guest 02> Not as much now as earlier in the century, but there's still lots of things that don't get out if those people in DC don't want them to.
<MTW> MJ and I have taken turns with our Cornerstone stories.  She writes Alex, I write everybody else.
<Xanthe> Batela's Under Orders stories are lovely
<Xanthe> And have threesome elements
<MJ> I write Mom! 
<Guest 01> And I can find Batela's stories where?
<Xanthe> You can find Batela on SIS and Waltertorture Guest 01!
<Drovar> I've written only a very few collaborative stories.  Personally I find them difficult and not really something I recommend.  I suppose I've just got too much of a strong idea of how certain stories should be written.
<MTW> Oh, yes!  I'm sorry.  MJ writes Alex and Mama Krycek.
<Guest 01> Mama Krycek?
<Xanthe> I agree Drovar


Host 4 changes topic to 'Question Under Discussion: Do you adopt one character to write, or do you share?'
<Guest 09> That's what I liked about Kass's Out of the Dark novel. She shows the pitfalls of playing with the wrong person
<Xanthe> I've written a couple of collaborations and they're hard work.
<MJ> rite differently with MT and with JiM.
<MTW> I haven't collaborated with anyone on a single story, except some casual round robins that weren't slash.
<MJ> MT and I trade off characters.  JiM and I trade off scenes.
<MTW> Mama Krycek appeared in the Cornerstone series.
<JiM> Collaboration is tough.
<JiM> For the Mexico stuff, we trade scenes and sling it back and forth.
<Guest 05> SIS is Sister in Smut.  Don't know the URL offhand but Xanthe has a link from her page to it
<MJ> Yes, Guest 09, Mama K.
<Guest 02> Doesn't Kass have some other nicks?
<MTW> Svetlana Krycek.
<Guest 09> And where does she show up, MJ?
<Guest 09> When>
<JiM> For the "8 days a week"/One More Night stuff, I wrote all Skinner POV and she took all Mulder.
<Guest 10> Yeah, Kass is Bliss, as well.
<MJ> Oh, I've traded sides with JiM on "One More Night" /Eight Days a Week
<Guest 09> In the Mexico zine portions?
<Guest 02> And Exxed, if I remember correctly.
<Guest 09> I wanna see Mama Krycek
<Guest 02> Mama Krycek wants to see YOU, honey.
<Guest 02> You like borscht?
<JiM> It is tough to match character thoughts and tones if you don't split them up.
<MJ> Guest 09 -- the Cornerstone series with MerriTodd.  "Remembrance of Things Past."
<Guest 09> <g>
<MTW> I *love* Mama Krycek.
<Drovar> the only way I've found to do it, is for me to write the sex scenes and have my co-author write the 'wrap around' story. Although Kristina and I have been doing a sort of collaborative series on the Spenderfic list based on
Scully as AD, which is working out pretty well. Possibly because we're working with different aspects of the characters.
<MJ> And another story I'm putting up this week.
<Guest 01> no, but I do vodka well!
<MTW> She makes great pirogi.
<Guest 01> Ooh, I like pirogi!
<Guest 04> to Xapen Mj?
<Guest 01> Can I have sour cream on mine?
<JiM> I like that idea, Drovar.  Can we subcontract a sex scene?
MTW summons Mama K. from the kitchen.
<MJ> It WILL go to XAPEN.  And Xslash AND SlashX AND Nixxers AND Allslash.
<Drovar> Sure thing . . but I only work with Spender/anyone else at all <g>
<JiM> We also discuss upcoming scenes and choose who will write them and from what point of view.
<JiM> Drovar, I hate to say this...but all the available evidence suggests that Spender might be dead.
<Guest 02> Drovar: have you ever written any Sp/M?  Or is that too squicky?
<Xanthe> Jim!!!
<Xanthe> How can you say that to Drovar!
<Guest 01> Yes, but looks can be deceiving.
<JiM> Might be. 
<Guest 01> We never did see a body, did we?
MTW throws a blanket over JiM.
<Guest 02> We didn't see a body.  He's not dead until we see a body.
<MJ> Did you see a body, JiM?
<MJ> And what about WMM?  Huh?
<Guest 13> If Mulder can return from the dead so can Spender!
<MJ> MT and I wanna KNOW!
<JiM> There's the one in the hallway...
<Guest 02> Besides, we all know that Krycek found him.
<JiM> And nursed him back to health.
<Guest 02> And they're living in sin in St. Petersburg
<Guest 01> Yeah!  I refuse to believe WMM's dead!
<JiM> That works for me!
<MTW> WMM is *not* dead.
<Guest 09> Right. Got it
<MJ> We have a whole series that says WMM's breathing.
<MTW> Says so right in the TV Guide.
<Xanthe> I think Sp is living very happily with WMM and Pendrell in that cabin in the snow, just like CSM before he returned from the dead.
<Guest 11> Hey, if CSM can live with that shot to the chest, Spender can. <g>
<Guest 09> Pendrell ain't dead either
<Drovar> JiM: even WBD says he doesn't know if Spender is dead. And CO has said he'll be in season 7, though he doesn't know Spender's fate either. So far not word *one* has been officially said regarding Jeffrey
<Host 4> Well according to TV guide, CC doesn't believe the WMM is dead either <Xanthe> It's the place they go to to recover from fatal wounds and then they come back better than ever.
<MTW> It's up to Drovar, JiM.
<Guest 02> WMM/Sp/P.  The ULTIMATE 3 some.
<JiM> OK. I concede.  He's alive.
<Xanthe> Lol, Guest 02!
<MJ> Guest 02, I don't know if I could go there.
<Guest 01> What's this rumor about them killing off Skinner?
<Guest 11> Yeah, but don't forget CC was the one who wrote Scully as disappeared for four weeks instead of 3 months!
<MTW> Pendy, Pendy, Pendy...
<Drovar> Guest 02: oh yes, I've done Spender/Mulder, but with the assumption that they are *not* brothers.
<Guest 02> If they kill off Skinner.....
<Guest 02> I'm writing my Congressperson!


<Host 1>  Question: Given the extra equipment available in a threesome, what's the most creative thing you've considered writing in a PWP?
<Guest 04> what KILLING OFF SKINNER NO WAY!!!!!
<Guest 01> Wait, wait, back up here.  Spender/Mulder are brothers?
<Xanthe> NOOOOOOOO!
<Guest 11> Guest 02, if they kill off Skinner, I'm gonna pull a 'Misery' on CC!
<Xanthe> Please, no killing Skinner.
<JiM> "creative"?
<Xanthe> Please. <whimpers>
<MTW> <snort>  I can just see my writing Barb Mikulski about Skinner.   Hey, she'd probably be pissed, too.
<Guest 02> No, but for a while, it was rumored that CSM was Mulder's father.
<GUEST 03> Oh God, no!!!
<MJ> NO.  If they kill off Skinner, they can forget the Eighth Season musings.
<Guest 01> Now, it's just a rumor.
<Guest 10> They talked about the last we'd see of Skinner and Krycek.  That doesn't necessarily mean death, though.
<Guest 09> I don't think so, Guest 01. I think Spender SR just *wishes* Mulder was his
<Guest 01> Well, supposedly there isn't gonna be an 8th season either.
<Guest 10> Oh, and CSM.
<Xanthe> Thank you, Jim <lying on floor still in shock>
* MJ checks her arsenal for weapons of mass destruction
<Guest 07-> all they said is they are plotting the last we'd see of them.... but I don't believe it until I see it....
<Guest 02> DD's said: No more X-Files after Season 7.
<Guest 09> Considering Duchovny is suing Fox, I'd be surprised if there were a season after this year
<Drovar> It was intimated strongly at one point that CSM was Mulder's father, they've backed off a bit from that for now I think.
Guest 04 is going stark raving mad bout killing off Skinner!!
<Guest 06> They'd better not kill Krycek or I'll write to my Member of Parliament
<Guest 06> or a strong letter to the times in lieu of that
<Guest 10> I'm with you, Aqua.
<Guest 02> Krycek is like a cockroach.  He'll NEVER die.
<JiM> Heck, just writing a threesome with three men who are approximately the same height is enough of a challenge for me.
<Drovar> We really don't know for sure if CSM is Mulder's father or not, not really.
<MTW> A short feisty Polish lady who makes crabcakes--that's  my Congresswoman.
<Guest 02> And if he did, there'd be clones.
<Guest 09> Krycek is a *survivor*
<JiM> How many times can you NOT use a pronoun?
<Guest 09> And probably an immortal, considering the things he's survived
<Guest 02> Who has the biggest penis of the three, JiM?
<Xanthe> Well Skinner has died TWICE in canon
<GUEST 03> They can't kill Skinner, can they? There was so much potential in Biogenesis
<Guest 09> Skinner
<MTW> Skinner, of course!
<Xanthe> So if anyone's immortal it's gotta be him!
<Guest 01> Ooh, what a picture!
<JiM> <shrug>  Lost my ruler.  Can't tell.
<Guest 02> Longer?  or Wider?
<MTW> Yes.
<JiM> Size, as they tell us, does not matter.
<Guest 02> Wider is better.  <sigh>
<Guest 05> And as mentioned dead people come back all the time.  We can a lovely funeral first with Mulder and Scully sobbing over his grave and have him coming back
<Guest 11> I am Walter S Skinner of the clan Skinner. And I am immortal. <g>
<MTW> Being willing to use sex toys is the best.
<MJ> Um, MP lets everyone in XF Expos know he wears a size 13shoe.
<Xanthe> Have you seen bluemohairbear's sig?
<MTW> There's dead, and then there's XF dead.
<Guest 11> Now there's a twosome... Skinner and Methos. <g>
<MJ> If you don't see a body, it's not dead.
<Guest 09> If you don't see a body, they aren't dead. If you do see a body... we'll work around that
<MJ> CC says so.
<MTW> WMM lives!!!!
<Xanthe> We saw CSM's body. He wasn't dead.
<GUEST 03> we had M and Methos, and K and Methos? anyone wants to write Sk/Methos?
<Guest 11> Always assuming CC remembers. <G>
<Guest 01> Mulder sitting in a corner sobbing, "But I loved him and I never got a chance to tell him."
<MTW> sorry
<JiM> It was someone else.  An alien. You KNOW.
<Xanthe> I'd love to if I knew more about Methos
<Guest 11> How about M, Sk and Methos? <g>
<Guest 01> Oh, yeah, Skinner/Methos.
<MJ> WMM is alive and I like it like that.
<Guest 01> Me too.
MTW highfives MJ.
<Xanthe> I loved Wombat's immortal!Sk and M in "Rapture"
<Guest 06> Krycek is immortal - he's also Cory Raines ,g>
<Guest 09> I've seen stories that hint at Skinner/MacLeod
<Guest 01> Hey, how long do you guys talk here?
<Guest 11> Me too Xanthe!
<Guest 02> Yes, rapture was awesome.
<Xanthe> RAC has written a great one of those for her new "Wounded Heroes" zine.
<GUEST 03> Skinner is Imiie in Rapture?!
<JiM> Who's writing Skinner/MacLeod now...<pondering>
<Host 2> As long as we'll last:-)
<Guest 02> Vampire!Skinner.  Yum.
<Guest 13> I thought Blue's Skinner/Blair was fun and original.
<Guest 01> Where do you find Wombat's stories?
<JiM> That's The one!
<Guest 11> Yep GUEST 03!
<MTW> No, no vampires.
<Guest 01> Yep, I liked that!
<Guest 11> So is Mulder, in the end.
<Guest 01> Vampires?
<MJ> Vampire?
<JiM> I like the Skinner/Methos tale of Gloria Lancaster.
* MTW is bored by vampires.
<Guest 13> There's going to be a Sk/Mac in the 'Wounded Heros' zine.
<GUEST 03> Where have I been? Who trained him? MacLeod, or was he older?
<JiM> Hinted nicely at M/Sk UST.
<Guest 06> Te wrote Vampires M/K
<Guest 11> Where Jim?
<MJ> I've written one vampire story -- Sentinel.  No XF vampires.
<Guest 02> Is TE still around?  Haven't heard from her lately.
<Guest 10> I tend not to live vampires, either, but Te's series was marvelous....
<Guest 05> I did put out a challenge on Skinnerfans for a BTVS/XF crossover with a M/Sc/Sk threesome
<Guest 10> Oh, yeah, she's still around.  Writing DS and Buffy.
<JiM> That Methos/Skinner tale is at the old MSSS archive.
<JiM> "The Stranger".
<GUEST 03> what's the name of it?
<Guest 11> Thanks Jim


<Host 1>  QUESTION: In a fractured fandom, do you ever get really nasty feedback just because of the pairing you've chosen?
<JiM> It's super.
<JiM> YES.
* Guest 02 sighs
<Guest 02> You can't post anything on ATXC that isn't MSR without getting flamed...
Guest 11 is confused...fractured fandom?
<Xanthe> <sympathy hugs>
<JiM> Oh, someone really flamed out over SK/K in "Courage to Forget".
<JiM> You are very sweet.
<Guest 05> Poor JiM
<Xanthe> NO! Why?!
<Xanthe> What did they say?
<Guest 06> Well you can, but you just get ignored instead
<Host 3> Guest 11: like tons of places, no main list
<JiM> It was early in the Sk/K phenom.
<Guest 13> really?  How awful.
<Guest 10> I've posted lots of M/K to atxc without getting ever getting flamed.
<Guest 06> I adored "Courage to Forget"
<Guest 10> Did you really get flamed for it, JiM?  I loved that story.
<MTW> "courage" is a *perfect* Sk/K story.
<MJ> I don't count hate mail from ATXC or one I got from some MSR fan who found one of my M/Sk posted at an archive he reads that she thought should be all MSR
<JiM> My very first flame.
<JiM> Thanks Guest 02!
<MTW> I'm still waiting for my first flame.
<MJ> I've never gotten flamed by another slasher for my slash pairings
<JiM> It's a ball when you get it. Trust me.
<Guest 13> Courage is lovely
<Guest 10> I've never gotten a flame.  Or, not a real one.  I'm been screamed at for writing M/K, but they usually told me they liked my writing.
<Guest 02> Is that good enough, MT?
<JiM> And I got clobbered when I switched form what seemed to be M/K to M/Sk in "No Common Senses".
<JiM> Talk about Fractured Fandom.
<Guest 13> really?  Bad enough to laugh over?
<JiM> Well, it was misspelled.
<JiM> And suggested the sort of therapy I ought to pursue.
<Guest 11> Well I loved it Jim... but then I am an admitted M/Sk-aholic ;-)
<MTW> Therapy! ha ha!
<Guest 13> I just reread No Common Senses last night. <happy sigh>
<Guest 06> I've kept all the M/K ones of No Common Senses
<Guest 13> one with lots of lovely naked boys giving you foot massages?
<JiM> YOU really got ticked, as I recall.  But no flames. <hugs Guest 06>
<MJ> Of course, *I* have no choice in the matter.
<Xanthe> Um, Guest 11...you're singing?
<Xanthe> That's scary!
<Guest 10> JiM, the Settling series is going to be M/K/Sk, right?
<Guest 06> I'm just a Krycek junkie <g>
<Host 1>  Question: Is there a threesome pairing you would like to write but haven't yet?
<Guest 01> I will.  It's just the tires, everything else passed.
<JiM> "Settling" is supposed to be m/Sk/K...Mulder just showed up on the front doorstep, so we'll se what happens.
<MJ> Um, yeah -- but only if I get really drunk first...
<Guest 10> I hope not.  I'll stick with my addiction, thank you.
<MTW> M/Sk/K.  Haven't done that yet.  Also I'd like to do M/Sc/K.
<Xanthe> You poor thing Diana <G>
<GUEST 03> JiM, how will you get Mulder into Settling?
<Guest 02> What about Sc/Sk/K?  Leave Mulder out of the picture altogether?
<Guest 10> My question, then, JiM, is:  Are you going to try to an equal three-way relationship, or is it going to be primarily just a couple, with a third sometimes added in?
<Guest 02> Lots of potential angst.
<JiM> Guest 10, I don't honestly know.
<MTW> Hmmm... Sc/Sk/K... at Mulder's funeral, perhaps!
<Guest 11> Ack! No... please... keep Mulder in there. (so to speak <g>)
<Xanthe> Great idea, Guest 02!
<Xanthe> Get rid of M!
<Guest 09> Mulder angsting while everyone else is having a fun orgy back at Skinner's place
Guest 11 loves Skinner, but I LOVE Mulder
<JiM> I think it will be some version of even relationship, but what does that mean to these three in this particular universe?
<MTW> If it weren't for Ross on friends, Mulder would be the biggest whiner on TV.
<Guest 06> Marry him off to someone and the others get together after his wedding ,g>
<MJ> I think if I did the threesome I've imagined, I'd get shown the XF slash door.
<Xanthe> But he's worse in fanfic than he is in the actual prog I think!
<Xanthe> Poor man!
<MTW> Tell us, MJ!!!!
<Xanthe> Well MJR - tell us!
<MJ> No, I want people to like me.
<MTW> I thought I made Mulder cry too much in "I Don't Remember".   Then I saw Gethsemane again.
<MJ> Okay.  Fasten your seatbelts.  I have another L/B gunslash in the works...
<Guest 09> Tell us, MJ. We're slash sluts. We'll take *anything*
<MJ> and then (NO NOT THAT!) possibly L/B/M.
<Guest 04> L/B??
<Guest 09> With Scully?
<MTW> Yea Gunslash!
<MJ> Langly/Byers.
<Guest 10> Langly/Byers.
<Xanthe> What about poor old F?
<Guest 04> ohhhh love the lone gunmen
<MTW> Langly, Byers, Mulder.  Hmmmm....
<MJ> NO F slash.  I WON'T go there.
<JiM> He needs sex, too!
<Guest 06> The worst 3some I can think of is Teena Mulder/CSM/WMM
<Guest 02> Fowley can bite me!
<JiM> Really, he does.
<MJ> Uh, yeah, Aqua, that's damn bad.
<MJ> Or Maggie/Teena/Mr X.
<Guest 02> Uh, oh, you meant Frohike.
<Guest 05> Yes, the poor fey, beautiful man-child at home
<Guest 02> Hey, would someone please write a Skinner/X?  PLeeeasese!
<Guest 07-> LOL that would be lovely Guest 02
<Guest 02> Frohike likes Scully, though.
<Guest 10> Why don't you write one, Guest 02?
<JiM> M/Sc/F?
<Host 1> Guest 02, and throw Mulder in, too <sighs>
<Host 2> Skinner/X... now that sounds interesting!!
<JiM> Now *there's* a challenge.
<MJ> Yeah, but I can't write Frohike/Scully cause I don't/won't writ het -- and L/B/F slash is Pushing The Envelope by me.
<Guest 11> Isn't there a Sk/M/X somewhere?
<Xanthe> Sk/X???
<Xanthe> What about Sk/Kersh???? <Xanthe ducks and runs>
<Guest 02> Where??!?!?  Where!!
<Host 2> I suddenly have a vision of Scully dominating the two:-)
<Guest 11> Oh... I think it was Interoffice Discipline....where Mulder did just about everyone. <g>
<Guest 06> there's certainly a K/X
<Guest 05> Someone did a wonderful Mulder vid to "Crybaby" at Connections
<MTW> Oh that was a howler, Guest 05.
<MTW> I laughed myself silly at that vid.
<Guest 10> I'd rather like Sk/Kersh, actually.
<JiM> There was Mulder/X at one point.
<Guest 02> I read that one.  Good one.
<JiM> Guest 10?
<Guest 02> A bit nonconsensual....
<Host 2> I don't like Kersh, thus that would be about the last choice to read.
<JiM> He's so...non-sexual.
<Xanthe> Who'd be top with Kersh/Sk?!
<Guest 05> Actually Ian did that in his series
<Guest 02> Skinner
<Host 2> Yep, Jim!!!
<MJ> I'd rather go Nicotine Naughties than... than... thn...


<Host 1>  QUESTION for the crowd: What do you folks like to see best -- Happy,Happy or Angst+Happy and or Angstorama?
<Guest 11> Isn't Kersh on his way to Jamaica, mon? <g>
<Guest 02> Angst+Happy
<MTW> I'm sorry, but Kersh just screams "Uncle Tom" to me.
<Guest 11> Happy happy, of angst happy.
<Guest 07-> All of the above!
<MTW> happy happy or angst-happy
<Guest 06> I like Happy, Happy and Angst+happy - I *love* happy endings
<Guest 10> Well, see, I don't see Skinner as particularly sexual either.... <shrug>  At least not in canon.  Some writers can definitely make me believe it.
<Guest 11> I like angst, but I like a happy ending... I can't help it.
<Guest 02> I think that Skinner's another person that has UST with the furniture...
<Guest 09> Gotta have a happy ending
<Guest 14> Skinner NOT sexual?
<Guest 04> anst/happy
<Guest 04> angstorama
<Xanthe> Skinner NOT SEXUAL! <faints>
<MJ> Um, Guest 10...
<Guest 07-> I usually want a happy ending... but sometimes angstoramas are fun to read
<Guest 11> Hell, when I started reading Change Of Heart last year, I wrote to Kass and begged to know the ending. <g>
<Guest 14> Exactly
<JiM> Skinner is so repressed, he's got to have something hot under the surface.
<MJ> ... have you cleaned your glasses?
<Guest 04> yes I agree Jim
<Host 2> Like them all, if well written... from schmoop to heavy angst... and I prefer happy endings, too.
<Guest 11> Under the surface, or under his underwear Jim? <g>
<Guest 05> Hey Guest 14, More Folie AD pretty please Mulder likes lots of angst with happy endings
<MTW> Happy happy ending!
<Guest 10> I think *Mitch* is sexy as hell.  Just not Skinner.
<Guest 02> Yes!  Folie AD for us!
<Guest 14> I promise
<Guest 14> I'm in the beta stages now
<MJ> Not even when he comes into Mulder's office to turn down M's resignation?   Whoa.
<Guest 06> I'm afraid when I met Mitch I was Blinded by Nick
<Xanthe> Crisp white shirts, enormous shoulders, dark brown chocolate eyes, all that passion locked up behind the wirerims...sigh
<Guest 04> ohhhhh MItch is sexy as hell Guest 10 agree with you there
<Guest 14> Hmm...oh YES!
<Guest 02> Sounds like a novel:  "Blinded by Nick."
<JiM> I think folks like Xanthe and MJ make great cases for Skinner's underlying sexuality.
<Guest 07-> Mitch is sexy.... but I'd like to grab Skinner by the tie and have my evil way with him;P
<Guest 10> See I met them separately, so I didn't have that problem.
<Xanthe> I find Skinner sexier than Mitch.
<MJ> Not even when he's got Foxlet in a headlock?
<Xanthe> Have a thing for those shirts <G>
<Guest 06> I only saw them together
<Guest 07-> I have a thing for those glasses
<Guest 02> Skinner is sexier than Mitch, because Mitch is married and I feel weird lusting after a married man...
<Guest 11> I can relate Xanthe... they just fit soooo well across that chest. Yum!
<Guest 10> I see *no* sexual tension between Mulder and Skinner in canon.  I just don't.  I've tried.
<Guest 14> And those eyes...
<Guest 04> sounds like a bunch of skinnerholics in the room :)
<Host 4> When he smiles, and I've seen pictures of this, Mitch....WOW!
<GUEST 15> off topic, but is Nick Lea married?
<Guest 02> Nope.
<Guest 10> No, he isn't.
<Host 1> that headlock technic is one of a kind. no one does it better <g>
<Guest 06> Nope
<Guest 10> Oh, god, Mitch smiling.....
<MJ> No, and he lives in West Hollywood.
<Xanthe> Well, I have to admit to not seeing any between M and K so it's obviously just personal taste!
<Guest 14> Oh yes!
<GUEST 15> you're kidding
<JiM> I guess it must be...or I am a slut.  I see it all. now.
<Guest 14> I don't see it either between M and K
MJ tries NOT seeing M/Sk UST
<Host 2> He lives there?? Hehe:-))
<MJ> Well, he DOES
<MTW> My problem is, I see UST between nearly everybody!
<GUEST 15> don't tease like that ;)
<JiM> Me, too, MT.
<MTW> M/Sk, M/K, Sc/Sk, M/Sc....
<Guest 02> Skinner/furniture, anyone?  :-)
<Guest 14> Yes!
<Guest 14> The desk...with the desk!
<Guest 02> Skinner/bookmark.  Skinner/chair.  Skinner/paperclip
<Host 1> conference table
<Guest 11> As long as Mulder is suddenly called 'furniture'. ;-)
MJ replays Mulder/Skinner/couch, SR 819... Folie a Deux...
<Xanthe> Oh god yes, MJ!
<Guest 14> You got it!  OH YEAH! MJ
<Guest 06> Sk/with Krycek under the desk
<Guest 04> shameless plug for SA
<JiM> No, no Guest 11.  Mulder is classified as a "home decor item".
<Guest 10> Now, Sk/K I could see.  Especially after  SR819.
MJ plays vids of Skinner in Tooms telling M "We've had our eye on you since the Academy"
<Guest 14> What sort?
<MTW> And that scene where K beats up Sk in the stairwell... there's something *personal* in that violence....
<Xanthe> I agree MT!
<JiM> Rather.
<Guest 14> Oh I loved that line...I just BET he had his eyes on him..
<Guest 06> I've always thought that
<MTW> Can I get a Mulder at Ikea?
<Xanthe> I've often wondered what was *behind* that
<Host 2> Love that, MJ!!!


<Host 1>  ANY QUESTIONS OUT THERE?
<GUEST 15> what episode was that?
<Guest 11> And I bet he wanted his hands to follow the eyes
<MTW> Is it possible?  Will it frighten my birds?
<Xanthe> Why did K feel so strongly about *Sk* of all people?
<Guest 14> I do!
<Xanthe> there was real passion in that punching.
<MTW> Yes, exactly, Xanthe--what past history is there?
<Guest 14> Jealous?
<Guest 11> Cos he was jealous over Mulder? <g>
<MJ> EVERYONE wants a Walt of their own.  Krycek... Mulder...
<Guest 14> M loves Sk
<Host 3> Because Skinner has Mulder and K was jealous
<Guest 14> I want one of MY own.
<Guest 05> So does Sc
<Guest 14> True!
<Xanthe> I want Walter <sniff> but I'd share him with M!
<JiM> The nice thing is, Skinner and Krycek aren't all that well-sketched in canon.   SO we can fill in whatever we choose for backstory for them.
<Host 4> M is such a sex magnet!
<Xanthe> I so agree Jim
<Guest 13> No because Mulder had Skinner and K was jealous.  K thought Wally'd been unfaithful to him. <g>
<MTW> I'll take a complete set of clones please--M, Sc, Sk, and K.  A deluxe set with WMM.
<Xanthe> I was saying this the other day - it's the fun of writing them.
<Host 1>  Question: Here's one for the authors -- what was the funniest writing story you've come up with?
<MJ> All the best sets have a WMM.
<Guest 14> Yes!
<JiM> You can do whatever you want with them!
<Guest 05> Maybe K knows that if M/Sk/Sc really get together . They'll be no stopping them
Guest 02 sends one last plea for more Folie AD from Guest 14.
<MTW> I dunno.  What do other people think is the funniest story I've written?
<Guest 14> I'll do it I promise
<MJ> I don't know -- I've written some flat-out humor people didn't seem  to get, and I've been told that one of my allegedly serious pieces is the funniest thing some people have ever read.
<Guest 10> Was Krycek as an escort for wealthy old women at the end of Mexico supposed to be funny?
<Xanthe> Well people found Sub quite funny in places, but I got more feedback off "Beautiful Mulder" than anything I've written except Sub and Nexus.
<Guest 14> I loved Role Play though
<JiM> Yes.  It was the least plausible thing we could come up with.
<MTW> "Ultra Lights" was the only thing where I tried to be funny.
<MTW> Oh yeah!  M/Sc/Pendrell, another threesome I've written!
<Host 4> I liked that ending, it did fulfil the title nicely.
<Host 2> MJ, I liked your Cosmopolitan bit a lot in the fun section:-)
<MTW> Tell me, JiM, MJ, what's my funniest story?
<JiM> That was fun!
<JiM> Um...hard to choose ONE, MT.
<MJ> Thanks, Walt, that's MY favorite.
<Guest 14> Yes, Cosmopolitan was hysterical.
<MJ> Yours, MT?  Hmm.
<Guest 05> I know what I like if the there are bits of humor intertwined with the story
<JiM> I can't write "funny" for more than a paragraph or two, alas. I have to enjoy others.
<Host 2> MT, have not read enough of yours to say:-/
<MJ> Almost certainly the library one, in my humble opinion...
<MTW> Oh yeah... Sarcastic!MT meets Mulder and Ratboy.
<MJ> Not "funny" funny, but really amusing.
<JiM> Agreed.
<MJ> You WERE the most sarcastic librarian imaginable in that.
<Guest 05> I also like Xanthe's While you were Sleeping
<JiM> Yes!
<Guest 07-> yes that was very cute
<Host 2> LOL.. that was so shameless!! Poor Skinner drugged... and all those excuses;-)
<MTW> I think Nuktos 'Agalma set me off  more than any of your other stories, MJ.
<MTW> WYWS is very funny, too.
<MJ> I was waiting for you to say that, MT.
<MTW> I had to go to your page and refresh my memory, MJ.
<Guest 05> Still want a sequel to that when Walter has his revenge
<Host 2> Good idea, Guest 05!:-)
<Xanthe> LOL! I have enough to write, thank you!
<Guest 07-> Oooh I like that idea Guest 05
<Guest 14> I like anything that makes Xanthe write more!
<JiM> Who is working on what, in terms of threesomes?
<MTW> Oh, God, and Wandering Aramaeans....
<Xanthe> I'm still wading through Nexus. What about you, Jim?
<MJ> Then you'll LOVE Mex II, MT.
<Guest 05> I have a couple in the works right now
<MTW> Precipitation (a potential threesome, with a plot) and the "I Don't Remember" sequel.
<MJ> A threesome AND dumb Russian mafiosi.
<MTW> Life is good MJ.
<JiM> "Settling" and the "Mexico" sequel called "A Crack in the Hearthstone" w/MJ.
<Guest 14> Which threesome with the mafiosi?
<MTW> The Pencils interludes do it for me, too--Walter, the hard-boiled dick.
<JiM> The Mexico sequel
<Guest 06> I've read Part one of Settling up and really enjoyed it
<JiM> Alex's...relatives come to call...
<MJ> Yes, Pencils Interludes I and II are pretty fun.  I MAY finish that daydream sometime.
<JiM> Thanks A!  Even if Skinner is there? <eg>
<Host 2> Is that where we will meet Mama Krycek?
<JiM> Nope. 
<MTW> No, actually--Mama K belongs to Cornerstone.
<MJ> No, Mama's in the Cornerstone series with K/WMM.
<JiM> In "Mexico", Krycek is (surprise) an orphan.
<MJ> Once in "Remembrance of Things Past" and once in the new one I just finished.
<JiM> Or, at least, he would LIKE to be.
<Host 2> Ah, okay. Thanks!:-)
<MTW> And a mention in my "Naaman's Tale".
<MJ> With relatives like Alex has in Mex II, orphancy is preferable.
<JiM> MJ drew the line at "relative fic".  At least until I pummeled her with this one.
<JiM> I HAD wanted to have everyone's relatives show up for a long weekend.
<JiM> She threw up at Tina Mulder.
<MJ> Wouldn't YOU?
<JiM> So...I gave her "Nikolai".
<MTW> That woman is a poster child for  patriarchal womanhood.
<Guest 09> When do we get to *see* the Mexico sequel? Or is that zine only
<JiM> That showed her!
<MTW> Tiina Mulder, doormat extraordinaire.
<MJ> Alex's dumber-than-whaleshit cousin.
<JiM> Nope.  The sequel is online.
<MJ> It WILL be online.
<Guest 09> When?
<MJ> When we finish it.
<JiM> We started Mexico online, it stays online, except for some unimportant preqeul scenes.
<Host 2> Is it... alright;-)
<MJ> We still have to figure out the ending.
<Host 2> Thought I missed something.
<JiM> Which will be online after the zine comes out.
<JiM> We will finish it soon - but we needed a break.  It's a very intense process, collaborating on it and it's easy to burn out.
<MJ> We're NOT pulling Mex from the web after publication.  (SOME people do that kind of thing.  Not us.)
<JiM> Mexico would have showed up a LOT sooner if we hadn't cooked ourselves by doing too much and then needing a break for a month or so.
<MJ> Besides, we have this really difficult decision about the ending.  SOME endings would open the possibility of ANOTHER installment of Mexico.
<MTW> Yes!!!
<MTW> Mexico without end, Amen.
<Guest 06> More Mexico and more Alex <g>
<Guest 09> You said that like it was a bad thing, MJ
<Host 2> Question to all: when you feel like "needing a break", do you write different things/pairings to relax?
<JiM> But we've found the perfect way to talk ourselves off the ledge.   Whenever we get short-tempered and HATE the tale and think about deleting, one of us will suggest that we take a break and not look at it for a month. We both agree with relief..
<Guest 10> Is Mexico moving toward a more equal role in the relationship for Krycek?   Or does he stay marginalized?
<MJ> Alex is the star of the current story
<JiM> write something short...and then write Mexico wildly in about three days.
<JiM> He's not marginalized at all, Guest 10.  Not to my thinking.
<Guest 10> I meant the romantic relationship, though, not the plot of the story.
<Xanthe> Yes, Walt.
<MJ> There too, Guest 10
<JiM> HE was the anchor for "Three Men".
<Xanthe> I love writing different stories between installments of a *big* one
<JiM> What are you wanting to see?
<Xanthe> Sometimes they're just PWP's but it's so refreshing.
<JiM> Walt loves him, he loves Walt, but neither of them love each other the way they love Mulder. They can't.
<MJ> In the prequels he's a nonissue because the prequels are needed to create the M/Sk relationship.
<JiM> The PWP's can clear your head.
<MJ> In the original Mex, he's the catalyst for the whole thing.  Really.
<Host 2> And the PWPs are nice to read, too... :::grins:::
<MTW> I often don't recognize that I need a break until I'm totally blocked on something.  Then I fight the enforced rest with all my might, until it's over.   <g>
<Guest 10> No, of course.  But even at the end of "Three Men," he was sleeping in a another room and explaining to Mulder why it was okay for him to abuse him....
<JiM> I think you missed some of the point of 3 men, Guest 10.
<JiM> He was maintaining HIS own borders, so to speak.
<MJ> Alex/separate room.  That's not marginalizing.  He's the cat who walks by himself.
<JiM> His choice, until he is told, in no uncertain terms, that they need him THERE.
<MJ> He may be in a relationship, but do you ever really get all the way through to him in that relationship?
<JiM> Their relationship reflects their own personal wounds, so to speak.
<MJ> Like a cat, Alex doesn't want anyone to think he's needy.  But he's needy enough not to be able to go too far away for too long.
<JiM> MT - did that start out as a threesome, or was it hetsex and then slash and then hey!?
<Guest 10> So Alex doesn't *want* to have an equal role in the relationship? 
<JiM> What do you mean by "equal"?  That's confusing me.
<MTW> In my M/Sc/Sk thing, Sc & Sk were the first to have sex, but immediately, they both agreed they were interested in Mulder.
<JiM> He is equal.  He is loved and is able to love each of them.  He has his own space and they each share things with one another that they cannot with the third.
<JiM> To me, he is equal.
<Guest 10> I'm just trying to be clear.  As you mentioned, I seem to have missed the point....
<MJ> It's not unequal.  It's different.
<JiM> But the configurations mean that the behaviors are different for each "couple".
<Guest 10> So we need to look at it as three individual couples, not a threesome?
<JiM> What would you want to see that would say "Equal" to you?
<MJ> His relationship with Mulder is not the same as Skinner's relationship with Mulder.  His relationship with Skinner is not the same as Mulder's relationship with Skinner.
<Host 2> Guest 10, I think that Alex was well worked in... and actually it was Skinner, imo, who had to make the most adjustments.
<JiM> He was the one who didn't previously love Alex.
<JiM> He was happy the way things were.
<Guest 13> It would be great to see a M/Sk/K trio where Skinner is the focus.   The one that the other two revolve around.
<Host 2> You need to accept the premise, that Alex is fed up, and on a suicide track, more or less....  then go from there.
<MJ> One thing may help here.  Noel Coward wrote a play "Design For Living" which was about a menage a trois.  He said he wanted to end the play with all three bouncing around on a big bed together, but he couldn't get it past the
censors.  All trios aren't necessarily like that.
<Guest 13> Is that where you're going with the new series?  <pant-pant>
<Xanthe> I'm happy with any story where Sk is the focus.
<JiM> For Mexico, yes.  Although I am getting a bit tired of Suicidal/Hurt Alex coming to Mulder/Skinner in a happy monogamous couple as a theme
<Guest 10> Equal.  Um.  I don't know exactly how to explain that. In Mexico, Krycek seems rather like a toy in the M/Sk relationship.  He provides tension, provides sex, isn't around much.  Leaves the M/Sk relationship basically unchanged.
<Guest 13> I wouldn't say that at all Guest 10 -- that's not what I got.
<MJ> Every member of a threesome, assuming you're relating to them as humans, has different needs, interests, and levels of involvement with both of the others.
<Guest 13> I felt that maybe he saw it that way at first, but it changed.  He changed.
<MTW> That's why I'm writing the "I Don't Remember" sequel--Alex enters the picture to *bring* something, not because he's needy...
<JiM> Um...I don't know that I agree with that, Guest 10.  But the sequel ought to allay that fear for you.
<Guest 06> Yumm MT - more Alex
<Host 4> I saw Mexico differently, I thought in the end that Alex did love Skinner, and Skinner did love him.
<MTW> I love you for giving me the idea of what he brings, JiM!
<Guest 13> Having K believe that does bring up some lovely angst.
<MJ> That's how Alex perceives himself at first, clearly.  The point is that that's not what anybody wants.  Not him, not Mulder, not Skinner..
<JiM> I think Alex becomes a very integral part of the relationship.
<Host 2> Yes, in the end, they have learned. It's a process...
<JiM> Alex and Skinner do come to love each other.  It is calmer than the M/K and M/Sk loves, but no less deep.
<JiM> See what happens when Skinner falls off the roof and watch how Alex reacts.
<MJ> The three characters do some tremendous growing in the story.  Alex has to believe people can love him. Mulder has to figure out what he really wants.  Skinner has to get beyond "kill Krycek."
<Guest 10> But *do* they love him?
<MTW> Skinner falls off the roof... you know, I've heard that as a euphemism for menstruation.  <giggle>
<JiM> They do.
<MJ> Have you read it lately?
<Guest 06> I'loved feral Krycek in the hospital <g>
<MTW> I believe they do.
<JiM> Skinner tells Alex to come back.  He himself is hoping for it.
<Host 2> Yes, I felt they do love.
<JiM> At the end, they are obviously making love to one another without Mulder around.
<Guest 10> I think you're missing my point - I'm not bemoaning a lack of Sk/K.   I just think throughout Mexico, M/Sk is the primary relationship and continues to be so at the end. 
<JiM> It gets better, I promise.
<Guest 10> How does Krycek change the M/Sk relationship?
<MJ> M/Sk is the original relationship.  There is no doubt of that.
<Guest 10> So it continues to be the most important?
<MJ> However, the characters all change throughout the story.  And therein is the point.
<MJ> There is a clear tension in the story as to what degree of importance each person's relationship with both of the others has.
<Guest 16> To me any Sk/K or M/K would have to involve violence and or rape for it to be convincing to me. I can't see them romantic
<MJ> And as in real life, it fluctuates.
<Guest 13> I think that K's toughness is a good balance to M's over emotionalism.   And he understands M much better than Sk.
<Guest 14> I can't see them as romantic either, SS
<JiM> Well, when I write Sk/K, there has to be a lot of forgiveness going on for it to work.
<Guest 13> I can't see them as schmoopy but I can see them as loving.
<MTW> It's either forgiveness or violence.  I prefer forgiveness.
<Guest 06> Me too MT
<JiM> Shmoopy is real tough for any of them. They are every restrained men.
<Guest 14> I just can't see M ever forgiving K
<MJ> That is one of the points in Mexico.  Walter has a great deal of difficulty adjusting to the entire concept of Krycek, not just to relationship-with-Alex.
<Guest 16> There always seems to be violence as the underlying or surface emotions between the two of them.
<JiM> There would have to be very compelling reasons for that forgiveness.
<MJ> The original sex is almost unintentional.
<Guest 14> There would have to be.
<MTW> Many relationships have tensions--good relationships.
<JiM> ALMOST unintentional?????
<MJ> Precisely, MT
<Guest 14> But murder of relatives?
<JiM> It was completely out there and you know it.
<Guest 13> I would like to see K having a little more contrition.
<JiM> It's a tough balance - that contrition thing.
<MJ> But is that in his nature?
<MTW> But a contrite weepy Alex wouldn't be Alex.
<MTW> An Alex willing to earn some kind of redemption--that I can see.
<Guest 13> Not weepy -- just acknowledging the depth of the hurt he's inflicted.
<Guest 13> Self awareness.
<MTW> You don't think he's aware of that already?
<JiM> Yup.  I think he does, in Mexico. He rarely apologizes, but he did try to offer reparation.
<MJ> Again -- we're dealing with known quantities here.  How WOULD these known quantities relate to each other?  How much work would it take for that possibility?
<Guest 10> We still don't know *why* Krycek killed Bill Mulder (or if we want to be precise, even *if* he did).
<Guest 14> And sewed that kid's eyes together?
<Guest 13> I don't always see him as understanding how deeply his betrayal has damaged M/Sk
<JiM> MT's Alex is unrepentant in her threesome fic.  But you sense there is potential there.
<Guest 06> We didn't see him do it
<MJ> So what you have in Mexico is really a squaring-off of the parties.   because there would have to be.
<MTW> Which threesome is Alex unrepentant in?
<Guest 10> But you never answered my question - did Krycek change the M/Sk relationship? 
<MTW> "In out of the Rain"?
<JiM> "I Don't Know How It Happened..
<JiM> He is a character there, although not IN the threesome
<MJ> Guest 10, obviously you don't think so. 
<MTW> Oh, true.  He and Mulder resolve some issues--temporarily.
<JiM> I think he shook up a dynamic there.
<Guest 16> I think any third party to a twosome changes it
<MJ> And I'm not sure any amount of persuasion will make you think otherwise.
<JiM> Skinner was forced to adjust to a new situation and share his toys.
<MJ> However, clearly he does.
<JiM> Mulder was forced to come to terms with all that he wanted and to ask for it.
<JiM> I think it made them a stronger pair, as part of a threesome.
<Guest 06> I liked the way Alex got all the  money men through brushing up on his Accounting skills using Walt's book
<MJ> Mulder is forced to think about what he wants, not just to act/react. 
<Guest 10> Okay, JiM.  That's what I figured, actually.
<Host 4> In the end, Alex was accepted into a truly loving relationship, Skinner accepts him,  I think that a big change to their relationship.
<JiM> It helped them expand a bit.
<Host 4> And Alex, I think, is happy.  Maybe for the first time in his life.
<MJ> Aqua, you're dead on.  Each of the characters changes -- but not fundamentally.  Alex still has that inherently fiendish streak, but he finds other ways to use it.
<JiM> IN "Three Men", Mulder has obviously been confronting the issues that Alex brings up and Skinner has been refereeing.
<Guest 16> I like the concept that Mulder or Skinner can actually make Krycek happy and reform him in some way
<MJ> Which he has to -- because in Mex, unlike a lot of fic, we have Alex starting to deal with his own physical limitations on what he's been doing
<Guest 13> I really liked the way Three Men illuminated the Sk/K dynamic.  It was what I needed to see.
<MJ> In Mex II we're working with all three dealing with not getting any younger.
<Guest 13> But I would so love to see Sk as the one M & K fixate on. ;-)
<Guest 06> I liked worried Alex and the two sets of green eyes focussing on Sk
<Guest 06> Alex's and the cat
<Guest 13> absolutely Aqua!
<JiM> We like our metaphors HEAVY around here. <g>
<JiM> In the draft, Alex and the cat were allies.
<MJ> As well they should be.
<JiM> It was too "twee" to post however.
<MTW> Twee is good!
<MJ> Said OTHER people.
<MJ> I for one LIKED it.
<JiM> You liked the cat THINKING, too. <g>
<Guest 09> Just finished Settling: Up, JiM.
<Guest 09> Any chance that part two is coming *real* soon?
<Guest 06> I want part two too
<Host 1>  well folks, the Official Part seems to be over - so we're going to have partay from now on. Slash/Chat away
<Host 1>   GUEST AUTHORS:  From all of us here at the Office, thank you for sharing your time with us. EVERYONE: We are looking forward to seeing you here again soon :)
<JiM> You are very kind.

Back to the logs archive