TITLE:  The Threefold Charm - Part III

NAME: frogdoggie

E-MAIL: frogdoggie@hotmail.com

CATEGORY: SRA

RATING: NC-17. M/SK. M/SK/SC eventually. This story contains SLASH. VERY GRAPHIC CONSENSUAL SEX BETWEEN MEN. SOME M/F SEX TOO. So, if you don’t like that type of thing - STOP NOW! Forewarned is forearmed. Proceed with caution.

SUMMARY: Mulder, Skinner and Scully's relationship deepens and takes a new turn - with complications . The action in "The Threefold Charm" takes place in April and May of 1999 - several months after "Tripartite" This story is the fifth installment in a series. Obviously you may want to read my previous stories, "Baton Rouge" (winner of the 1998 Spooky Award for Outstanding SK/M Romance), "Discordia Concors", "Embarrass du Choix" and "Tripartite" to understand this narrative. Those stories can be found on my web site at: https://www.squidge.org/3wstop.

FEEDBACK - YES PLEASE, AND THANK YOU SIR, CAN I HAVE ANOTHER? Comments, suggestions and healthy debate are always welcome. Flames? I use them to roast weenies, hamburgers and Italian sausages on the grill.

TIMESPAN/SPOILER WARNING.: This takes place well into the new season but we have now departed from the events that are occurring in it quite a bit. Mulder and Scully still have the X-Files and Skinner is still their boss at the moment. I mention "Triangle" because that would fit in nicely with the M/SK/SC scenario of this story. So, I've kind of reinvented the mytharc for my slash AU. Sorry if that bothers you - feel free to go elsewhere if it does. I won't mind.

KEYWORDS: story angst slash Skinner Mulder Scully NC-17

DISCLAIMER: Fox Mulder, Walter Skinner, Dana Scully, Margaret Scully, Jeffrey Spender, the LGM and all other X-Files characters belong to Chris Carter, Ten-Thirteen Productions and 20th Century FOX Broadcasting. No copyright infringement is intended and no profit is being made from their use. Dennis Carr and Phil Meyers are mine. If you want to use them fine, but please ask first.

***Author's notes: I've attempted to bring in some of the mytharc elements from Season 6 at this juncture. So, Mulder and Scully are now without the X-Files and Walter Skinner is no longer their boss. But the scenario for why this happened is a bit different. You might say it has a frogdoggie twist. This is before S.R. 819 - which if I had anything to say about it never happened anyway (or had a much different ending!)

The story grew and grew like Topsy. As a result "Charm" is divided it into three sections so it will be more easy to post and put on my web sites. So the entire story consists of Part I, Part II and Part III.

BTW: Author's epilogue at the end. 

One last note: This is dedicated to "The Chatterers". You know who you are. You know what you do. Voodoo. The Hoodoo that most people don't dare do. You have my deepest thanks.

The Threefold Charm - Part III by frogdoggie

Come, sit thee down upon this flowery bed,
While I thy amiable cheeks do coy,
And stick musk-roses in they sleek smooth head,
And kiss thy fair large ears, my gentle joy.

Saturday, May 29, 1999. 3 AM. The guest bedroom. Dragon's Roost.

I've been lying in bed for almost an hour and my damn leg won't let me get to sleep. Yeah, well it's my own friggin' fault I'm in this situation. I guess it's a good thing we took a cab home. So, we'll have to pick up Scully's rental car tomorrow. It was better to leave it in Derry than wrap it around a tree. But maybe one of us should have volunteered to do designated driver duty. It might have helped later on. Christ! How humilating was it to take that second cab back here from the emergency room? Don't bother to answer...please.

I still can't believe the way I acted tonight. Skinner reverts to brainless adolescence. Fuck! Drunk off my ass and running half naked into the surf with three other people. Well shit. I suppose it could have been worse. I could have hit my head on that razor sharp rock and drowned instead of slicing up my calf. Jesus I'm going to have a jim dandy scar to match the one I got courtesy of that fucking baby killer in Baton Rouge. Piss up a rope.

I'm still slightly drunk. I've been to the can upteem times but the booze is still sticking with me. My leg doesn't really hurt and I suppose that's why. It just itches and burns a little. But it's just annoying enough to stave off sleep and make me toss and turn. I half wish I could take the Darvon the intern gave me in the emergency room. It might help me to doze off now. But as he said - "Don't take this Darvon until morning Mr. Skinner. You have enough liquid pain killer in you right now to stop a horse dead in it's tracks." Oh sure. Suck on it donkey dong. God, where did that come from? Well the kid had been hung like a...Oh shit.

Yeah, I'm still slightly horny too. Damnation. Ok. I can blame that on the booze and the night club I suppose. The dancing. I have to learn not to go to loud gay dance clubs anymore. The last one I got dragged into with Mulder and Scully should have taught me a lesson. I almost ruined a perfectly good pair of pants that night. Try explaining those kind of stains to the dry cleaner without turning a little red. God. Well, fine - I had a good time tonight though. I can't deny it. Dancing with Dennis and Phil. Dancing with Scully. Holy shit. Mulder was right. The woman can move. That thought niggles through the back of my mind, disturbing me further. I shake it off. Chalk it up to the booze. Well my dancing days will be over for a while anyway. No kidding.

So here I am...sore, drunk and horny in the guest bedroom. Scully wouldn't let me take the couch bed tonight - no way she said when I suggested it would be ok. So here I am hot, and bothered, and I can't sleep. No Mulder to help me assuage my raging libido either. Marvelous. I get to lay here and sweat and once I do get to sleep probably dream about him - a wet dream. Oh brother. Talk about reverting to adolescence. Blow me. And why did I have to think that too? Idiot!

What's worse, about a half hour ago I started to hear noises from the master bedroom above me. Dennis and Phil. Ok, they were pretty drunk too, so I know their inhibitions went out the window. They've been patient and damned polite about not fucking up there while I've been lying lonely and Mulderless downstairs. But not tonight. Nope, tonight the bed's bouncing. Shit. But they are trying to be discrete. My hyped up senses can hear them though. I keep picking up Dennis moaning "Phil, Phil" and "God!" every once in while. I know Phil must be the designated driver tonight after all. Jesus. I shut my eyes and swallow hard trying to bite back my arousal. I don't want to start jerking myself off. Sure it would be a natural sedative but...well...I know I'm gonna get kind of noisy and Scully's right out there in the living room on the pull out couch. If she hears me she'll probably do a Dr. Scully and come rushing in here to see if I'm dying.

Just as I have a thought of going in the can and plunging my head or my dick under a cold shower spray, I hear the toilet across the hall flush and then a tiny knock on the bedroom door. Christ on a crutch - what is she psychic or something? I tried to be extra quiet but I'd just been attempting to get up and my leg didn't really hold my weight well. Ok, I'm drunk dizzy too. Anyway, I made some thumps. Knocked my cell phone off the night stand. So she must have heard me. Dr. Scully to the rescue as I said. Well I suppose I should be glad. I could be hemorrhaging in here.

"Come," I whisper and then wince. Whoa Walter - wrong choice of words. Crap, crap, crap...the door swings quietly open and I swing back into bed as fast as I can and pull the covers back up over me. Modesty thy name is Skinner. Oh yeah right. What can I say? I'm half hard and I'd rather she didn't know it, ok?

"Are you all right, Walter?" Scully asks quietly. She comes in and shuts the door. I reach over and turn on the night stand lamp. Only one click though. The room is still bathed in shadows. I swipe my glasses up from the night stand and put them on. She's standing there in her conservative baby blue cotton pajamas. If she had feet in them she'd look about 6 years old. Instead she just looks young, and vulnerable, and concerned about my welfare.

"I'm sorry I woke you," I answer shifting in discomfort. The stitches take that moment to pull inside my bandage and thank God, the pain douses my arousal better than cold water ever could. The old soldier drops his salute and I'm grateful for sure. I hiss ever so slightly and Scully raises an eyebrow. I shrug and rearrange the blankets around my left calf.

"Well actually I was all ready awake," Scully sighs, inclining her head towards the ceiling. I can't help it. I know my ears are turning red.

"Oh shit. Yeah. I guess..."

"Never mind. It's ok. They're entitled," she chuckles a little and comes closer to the bed. She picks up my cell phone and places it back on the night stand.

"I thought maybe I'd better check on your stitches anyway," she nods for me to shift over so she can sit down. I do and she sits carefully next to my injured leg.

"Oh. Well, they're fine," I reply, trying to get her out of the room as quickly as possible. We can both still hear the springs on the bed upstairs squeaking like crazy. Finally we hear Phil's voice cry out, "Den, Uhhhhhh!" Dennis groans loudly as well" Thank Christ! They must have gotten off. Maybe we can get some peace and quiet now. I notice that both Scully and I are craning our necks up, and staring at the ceiling simultaneously. We lower our eyes at the same instant and they meet.

Then we both break up laughing.

"Fuck!" I blurt.

"You can say that again," Scully giggles, her hand over her mouth as she desperately tries to stifle it.

"I really am sorry, Scully," I rumble, trying to get myself under control too.

"Well, you shouldn't have to apologize. Like I said - they're entitled. But I bet they're going to be embarrassed in the morning."

I laugh deeper.

"Den will be mortified. Phil - he...he has no shame. He'll just have a shit eating grin plastered all over his face," I shake my head, wiping tears from under my glasses.

Scully is still trying not to giggle.

"Sounds like Mulder..." she snorts out.

Oh God. My face tenses up almost immediately. I can feel it before I can stop it.

"Oh, Walter..." Scully begins, touching my hand gently.

I just look away and clear my throat. The thought of Dennis and Phil sharing their love, and Mulder not being here is almost too much. I know Scully misses him too. I don't want to dwell on it now. It would be pointless and not good for either of us.

"Maybe I'd better just check those stitches," she nods and removes her hand.

"Thanks," I mumble and lift the covers up and back from the bandages. Ok, here I am sitting in my BVDs. Well she is a doctor. I have to hope she's not as embarrassed as I am right now.

Sure enough, Dr. Scully takes over and unwraps the gauze around my calf. She looks over the 30 or so stitches that sealed up the wound with a professional pursing of her lips. She rewraps the bandages and pulls the covers back over my lap and my leg. I let my breath out.

"So?"

"You're right. They're fine. I don't see any infection. I'll change the bandages in the morning."

"Well that's a relief," I reply, grateful, "Thanks," I add, gesturing towards my calf with my head."

"No problem," she replies touching my thigh. We stare at each other for a moment and then she looks away and removes her hand.

"I miss him too," she says quietly, looking down at her hands.

I let out a long sigh.

"Yeah. I'm sorry to be so...so moribund about it." I apologize, shrugging again.

"Oh believe me. I more than understand," she advises.

"Yeah, I guess you do," I acknowledge looking into her sympathetic eyes.

"God, we've got it bad don't we?" she smirks a little.

"Yeah. What would you call this...this obsession. Mulderitis?" I attempt, picking lint off the covers for a second. When I look up, Scully is shifting to sit more fully up on the bed. I move over and pull my knees up a bit so she can sit Indian style in front of me.

"Mulder mania I think," she laughs and I join her.

"There you go. Fitting for two people obsessed with a psychologist I suppose."

"Yes indeed," she answers running a hand through her hair. Then she gets serious again.

"You know Walter, If...If someone had told me a year ago that we would be sitting here talking like this...and about what we're talking about, I would have checked their blood to see if it was green goo."

I smile at her. /Lady you don't know how right you are. Never in a million light years./

"I can agree there. I guess we can chalk that up to the Mulder effect as well."

She smiles.

"He's been good for you, though. Do you know that?" she asks quietly.

"Good? Oh yeah," I raise an eyebrow suggestively, teasing her a little.

"Come on. You know what I mean."

I smile.

"See, that's what I mean," she grins back and points towards the corner of my mouth.

"Less surly?"

"A whole lot less. It's...it's rather pleasant actually."

"Well thank you ma'am," I drawl and she giggles a little.

Of course I'm less surly. For the first time in my life I'm approaching true happiness and contentment. I'm surprised I don't have an idiot grin stamped on my face 24/7.

I pat her hand where it rests on her knee.

"Listen, Scully. I'm going to be honest with you. I'm as happy as I've ever been in my life. Content. Fox...well Fox has made me a whole person. And really, I have to say, so have you. I appreciate it. Under the circumstances, I'm very grateful."

She looks at me oddly for a second but then she smiles and looks down at my hand where it rests on her hand.

"What?"

"Oh, nothing it's just that Mulder said that once to me, or something similar. *You make me a whole person* he said."

"It's true," I reply quietly. And I really do appreciate your friendship," I add, taking my hand away. She shakes her head in self depreciation.

"I agreed more with him saying I keep him honest," she smiles shyly, "but I know he makes me whole too. So, I guess he's right."

"I know he's right," I nod and she speaks again.

"Thank you, Walter," she answers solemnly, "I'm honored to be your friend."

We both sit there for a moment, serious, as we savor the revelation that Dana Scully and Walter Skinner are no longer really superior and subordinate. They are now just a man and a woman, friends, with a good man to love shared between them. Friends who'll be there for that man, and each other in the battle they know will come.

Scully brightens and slaps my knee.

"Listen. I can't sleep either. I guess I'm too keyed up after the trip to the ER and the dancing."

"Not to mention the floor show earlier," I drawl indicating the ceiling.

She nods, snorting a little with mirth.

"Anyway," she continues, "would you like to...to talk a little more? I could get us a couple of lemonades. Besides - the water will help our hangovers."

I smile at her. Yeah, I could use the company. And she's right about the water for sure.

"Sounds like a plan, " I nod.

"I'll get some Tylenol on the way back too," she finishes, getting up and walking back to the bedroom door. I grin a little. She's wobbling just a bit. Yes. The lemonade and Tylenol will be an excellent idea - for both of us.

She isn't gone very long. While she's out I can hear Dennis and Phil making sounds like they're turning in at last. Well, the fireworks are over for the evening. Ah shit, I can't really complain. As Scully said - they were entitled. Somebody should get some this week, after all. Scully and I certainly aren't gonna get lucky unless Mulder gets lucky and gets here. Man what a bitch.

Scully returns with two huge glasses of lemonade. She puts them down on the night stand and sits down on the bed. She takes a small bottle of Tylenol out of her pocket.

"Never leave home without it," she smiles, opening the little bottle. She shakes out a couple and then hands me the container. I dump out a couple as well and then we both reach for the lemonade.

"Skoal," I nod and put the glass to my lips.

"Cheers," she replies and downs the pills.

We both sip at the lemonade for a few minutes in companionable silence. Scully hiccups suddenly and I bark a quick laugh.

"Sorry," she giggles, "I think I'm still a little drunk."

"I know I am," I answer, "But, Scully despite this", I gesture towards my leg with the glass, "I had a great time tonight. I really mean it. You're some fine dancer."

She laughs and gives me a little bow from the waist.

"Well sir, you shake a mean leg yourself. And will again," she adds with a flourish of her glass.

"Yeah, I'll be up and around. As Sharon used to say, I'm one tough cookie."

Scully laughs a little more, but then she turns pensive.

"Walter, can I ask you a personal question? If you don't want to answer I'll understand."

"No, go ahead," I reply looking at her evenly.

"Why not Sharon? I mean why men, Walter? I...uh, I don't want you to take this the wrong way but...is it that different? The feelings, the...uh..."

"The loving?"

"Yeah," she replies looking down to study her lemonade.

I can see her blush almost to her roots. I've known for months now that Scully has been curious about this aspect of Mulder and my relationship. We've danced around it several times. Discussed general relationship issues. But, never quite come close to broaching this specific subject. After seeing us together in that hotel room I thought for a while that Scully was disgusted at what she'd seen. After a time I wasn't so sure it was disgust as much as a complex panoply of emotions. Embarrassment and jealousy were at the top of the list of her feelings that night. And fear. I think she saw how much Mulder was into the moment, hell, how much he was into me for that matter, and it frightened her to think her partner would leave her for the AD. Later, after we got over that hurdle and I realized she was naive about men loving men but not disgusted by the idea, I knew she was wondering about what was going on between Fox and me. Christ, she'd seen the hickeys. She wasn't clueless but...she was certainly curious to know more.

On a gut level I've figured the subject would come up. Curiosity would get the better of her. She's a scientist after all. And no matter how many gay porn videos Mulder might have available, I knew she'd be too uptight to ask to watch them. Besides - nothing beats first hand information. Out of the horses mouth so to speak. Or the rider as the case may be. Sorry. But you know what I mean.

But of course Scully's curious. She isn't a nun for crying out loud. She's a healthy woman with an active, correction - a very active sex life - with the same man with whom I happen to also have a very active sex life. So naturally, she's gonna be imagining what it must be like.

So, now the booze is making her just loose enough tonight to get up the guts to inquire I guess. So what's next Walter? Yeah, the booze is making me just loose enough to answer her too.

"Love is love, Scully," I begin talking to the top of her head. She does look up then, and takes another sip of her lemonade. I continue.

"As for the sex. Well, I guess you have some idea men can pretty much do the same things with each other that we can do with a woman."

She blushes a little again and nods, "Yes, I'd say based on first hand observation I did come to that conclusion."

It's my turn to look down and concentrate on lifting my lemonade to my mouth. God. It's going to take me a long time to get over the memory of Mulder telling me Scully saw me riding his cock. Damn it to hell. I take a deep drink of the lemonade and then set my glass on the night stand.

"So, it's all pretty much the same," I let my eyes become unfocused for a second so I can concentrate. "The closeness, the touching, the sensuality, the intimate sharing...it's just...well it's a matter of who you've fallen in love with I suppose. And preferences." I look at her and hold her eyes, "I just happen to prefer other men."

"It's interesting that you say that about the touching and closeness," she observes. "I always thought that was something men didn't...didn't quite get into."

"Yeah, well you're not far off there. I wasn't any different. I mean the last two inches of my body were all I used to be concerned about. And I'm not talking about my toes," I grin just a little to make my words less embarrassing to both of us.

Scully grins back and nods thoughtfully.

"You know Walter - I have a confession to make. I...I haven't been with that many men. But my former lovers would have fit into that category too, I guess. Mulder...Fox is a welcome exception."

I look at her for a moment. For the first time I think I may be seeing the real Dana Scully here. A woman who, before Fox Mulder, had never really been loved or been in love with her soulmate. God, we have more in common there then I realized before. If Mulder has been good for me, then he's been equally as good for Scully in that area. I can see the devotion, love and yes, lust for him dance across her face as she thinks about what we're divulging here tonight.

I reply quietly, matching her seriousness now, respectful of her feelings for Mulder.

"Mulder taught me what real fulfillment was like, Scully. I...well you all ready know I was a virgin in Baton Rouge. It's not easy for me to admit that I was largely clueless. I wasn't even aware of how erotic it felt to have someone touch me all over my body. It guess it took Mulder to educate me in that respect. He...he's a very good lover," I finish quietly.

"God, yes," she breathes out wistfully.

"Yeah but he's a royal pain in the neck too," I growl and she lets out a quick laugh.

"Yeah, but you like the challenge don't you?" she replies raising an eyebrow.

"Of course. But so do you, Agent Scully," I answer wagging my finger.

She pulls a face but concedes the floor. Then she switches gears, coming full circle.

"So you...you really aren't attracted to women?" she asks.

It's an interesting question. A question I've asked myself many times over the years and a lot since my divorce from Sharon. It's also a hard question to answer.

But Scully is looking at me with those questioning, understanding electric blue eyes so I decide to give it my best shot.

"Scully I'm gay. I prefer having sex with men - well one man. I don't dislike women. In fact I find many women attractive. I mean, I like you, consider you attractive. You're a friend, but..."

"But you wouldn't have sex with me?"

I choke on my own spit. She tries not to laugh.

"Are you ok?" she asks with a slight tense giggle in her voice.

I nod, speechless.

"Sorry, that didn't quite come out the way I meant for it to come out," she explains, running her hand through her hair nervously, "I meant you can't have sex with women? Oh damn, that isn't much better."

I get my coughing under control and shake my head.

"It's not that I can't have sex with women. I can function perfectly well with women. I just prefer not to fuck 'em," I end up saying with one last husking cough.

"Oh."

"Right. Look, would you consider having sex with another woman?"

"No. I'm not even remotely interested in that idea."

"Well, there you go," I nod, reaching for my lemonade again. I take another swig and continue, "and you could also think of it in terms of not being attracted to another man as well, in your case."

"You aren't attracted to other men?" she asks.

"Of course I am." No shit. She saw me dancing with Phil tonight. What did she think was going on there? But it's why I stopped dancing with him too.

She gives a sheepish grin. Ok. Yeah she noticed us.

"But it's strictly look and don't touch. I wouldn't act on it. I'm with Mulder. Attraction for another man wouldn't even be a consideration," I finish decisively.

Scully finishes her lemonade and reaches past me to put the empty glass down on the night stand. When she straightens back up she looks me dead in the eye.

"Well I can't quite think of it in those terms."

"What?" I ask not quite catching her meaning.

"I've been attracted to another man."

"Another man? Who?" I ask really curious now. I can't think of anyone around who...

"You," she replies.

I just stare at her, my mouth hanging open.

"You mean you didn't know?" she asks, her eyes crinkling a bit as she suppresses her smile.

Well...gee yeah - maybe I got a clue. During our dance. But I just thought...shit she likes to feel sexy when she dances, she dances with Mulder that way too she...oh...brother....

"I thought you said I scared the hell out of you? Reminded you of your father?" I sputter. "Christ, Scully. Your father. That's a disturbing thought," I continue stupidly. Jesus asshole. Shut up before you really put your big foot in it. But, I'm totally taken aback and surprised at her words. Well, shit. Scully? ME? Christ on a crutch.

"Oh, come on Walter. Of course I was nervous around you. You were an SOB on the job. What did you expect? But hell - I told you once before I thought you were a good looking man. A girl looks, Mr. Skinner. I noticed you. You're a nice package. You dress well and present yourself well too. What's not to be attracted to, Walter?

I don't really know what to say. It's flattering of course. Dana Scully is a very beautiful woman by any standards. Intelligent. Perceptive. Any man would jump at the chance to...but I'm not any man. I'm not straight. I'm not going to...go there. And what could she possibly see in me anyway - her previous statement notwithstanding.

"You can't be serious," I say at last. "Have you...did you talk to Fox about this...attraction?"

"I'm serious. And Yes. We've talked about it..."

"And...what did he say?"

"What do you think he said?"

My mind is reeling. What did he say? How the hell should I know? I have no idea how this conversation got here. I can't formulate an answer. I have no idea what to reply. I'm just staring at her like she grew another head.

"I would hope he said he thought I'd be flattered." I finally manage to mumble as I put my lemonade back down on the night stand.

"Sort of," she smiles, "Actually he said I'd need to make sure you realized I was flattering you. You see, Walter - he loves you very much - but well, it's his business to know people. Analyze. It's like a reflex. He almost can't help it. And he knows you...he knows you don't always realize when someone likes you, or thinks you're a good man, a worthy man. Much less when some one finds you a hunk."

"He said that? Said that I don't think much of myself?"

"Exactly."

"I...I don't know what to say."

I place my head back against the headboard and close my eyes for a moment. Scully is close to the mark. Actually she's being kind. I've gone through periods where I've hated myself for the things I've done. The self loathing consumed me. I couldn't fathom then how anyone could even look at me with respect, or fondness or even friendship much less find me irresistible. It doesn't surprise me that Mulder recognized this trait in me. After all, as she said - he profiles for a living. But Scully? I had no idea.

"You don't have to say anything Walter. Since I've gotten to know you more...I...let's just say I hope you realize you're a hell of a human being. A good man. And yeah, you're not hard to look at either."

I chuckle a little, "Well you can assure Mulder I'm flattered. Very much so," I reply with a shake of my head.

"I will. And Walter, I really do love him. I respect the idea that you're with him too. I don't have a problem with it. Like I said - I know you're a good man. And Fox needs you."

I nod my thanks. "Mulder adores you," is all I can think to say.

She's looking at me closely and I can tell she has something else she wants to say.

"What?" I ask into her face.

"So, you never...thought about it?"

"About whether you thought I was attractive?"

"About having sex with me."

"Bingo. Warning bells go off in my head like a tornado siren. Christ, this is a fucking tornado. The storm of the century. Oh Fucking A. You know I should have seen this coming down.

/But didn't I though? Didn't I see? Didn't I want.../

Both of us talking, laughing, joking, dancing together earlier. Both of us running around half naked in the surf. Both of us missing Mulder, both of us still slightly drunk, and as I look into her eyes I realize - both of us as horny as hell. But I'm horny for Mulder and apparently, right at the moment, she's horny for me.

/And I'm not for her? Uh.../

Well hell. She's a woman. I'm a man. It happens. But God, why now, and why am I even giving this a second thought? Why am I even considering I might want to...oh shit. What was that remark I made earlier about someone should get lucky here? Well Piss on it - I didn't mean me and Scully - together. Why would I want to get lucky with Scully - she's a woman? Oh, no shit she's a woman. A gorgeous one. So, because I'm horny and drunk I'm suddenly attracted to Dana Scully? Come on Walter, remember the last time you were drunk, and horny and attracted to a woman? Oh God. Get a grip here.

Somewhere deep down in the back of my mind that voice that's been nagging me, the one I haven't acknowledged for quite some time here, begins to howl. What do you mean you aren't attracted to her? Don't want her? You've been wanting her for hours now, days maybe, you lying hypocrite. You delusional fool! I silence it. Deny it. Try to forget what it's saying because...because...this can't be happening...

She's the first to break eye contact. Obviously my hesitation in answering her has caused her to become upset. She shifts on the bed and prepares to get up.

"I'm sorry, I...that was out of line," she whispers.

"What the hell made you say that?" I bark out, nervous. I'm shaking. I can't believe I'm shaking.

She's getting off the bed.

Before I realize what I'm doing I grab her wrist.

"Don't...don't go. I'm sorry, I just uh...didn't expect the conversational turn here. I didn't mean to be rude. Sit...sit down." My hand is trembling, causing her arm to shake slightly as well.

She does. I still have her wrist in a death grip. She looks down at my hand. I let her go.

"Scully you...you can't possibly want me..." I begin.

"Don't want you?" she answers, "Right," she nods as if she's trying to get something sorted out in her mind. "Oh Lord, I didn't mean it that way. You're not undesirable, far from it...oh shit I am really letting the Tequila speak for me tonight," she shakes her head in chagrin.

"Scully, it's ok. Look, I know you're...ok, let's not mince words. I'm as horny as hell too. I mean shit, laying here listening to Dennis and Phil go at it for the better part of an hour didn't help either."

She lets out a shaky breath.

"But we want the same thing - and it's Mulder, not each other," I add gently, trying to convince myself now, as much as convince her as well.

Scully gives out a short ironic laugh.

"Oh yeah, we both want him. And Mulder wants us both too...at the same time,"

she blurts out.

"What?"

"I said Mulder wants us both..."

"I heard what you said," I grate out.

She stares back at me for a moment and then complete horror steals over her face as what she just said dawns on her.

"Oh Shit. I *cannot* believe I said that! I shouldn't be telling you any of this. I...I need to get out of here," she slurs, hiccuping. Her hand goes to her mouth. She stands up abruptly and almost falls down. Oh man. She's drunk again all right. The lemonade gave her a big buzz. Damn. I should have thought of that one. With her small stature the hangover cure would have done more than give her the hair of the dog again.

"I know. I'm sorry. You must think I'm...I'm a such...a...a nymphomaniac. A...a...oh...whatever...Good God."

I pull her gently down on the bed and make her sit on the edge so she won't topple onto her face.

"Just a minute here, ok? I...I need to process this," I advise. She sits looking down at the floor while I try to get my mind kick started again. She looks ashamed. Her face is flushed, and she's toying with her fingers nervously.

I wonder if I should tell her that I was seriously considering whether I wanted to take a walk on the other side of the fence to see if the grass was as green, or greener. No. Maybe mentioning that little factoid might be a bad idea right now.

I attempt to recoup my sanity in a hurry. Ok. Let's examine the facts. Mulder loves me. Mulder loves Scully. Mulder would love to love me and Scully - together - at the same time? I'm gonna break his neck. Mutherfuck. Anger rises up in me, but I rein it in. How can I be angry with the basic idea of sex with Scully? Who was thinking just a moment ago about giving the straight life a one night re-run here? I was actually, for no matter how brief a moment, toying with the idea of committing what is tantamount to adultery. Cheating on my lover with - for Christ sake - a woman - who he also happens to be balling.

What the fuck am I talking about here? Mulder *is* balling her and I never saw it as adultery. He wants Scully. He needs Dana Scully. Like oxygen I said. I know that feeling. I feel like I need Fox so much I could die sometimes. But he...he's bi...I...I...Jesus H. Christ I just got used to the idea that I'm gay. And now...My mind is roiling, turning to mush on this point. Circling round and round like a fucking broken record. Why did I have to drink so much? I'm half blitzed, tired and wounded in body and now maybe in soul as well. My brain just won't wrap around this problem at all right now. God, this is a mess. I try desperately to grasp at something that won't sound pat or facile to say.

"Mulder wants us to have a menage a trois? I ask dumbly. Fool. Get a life. The woman just said that...you are an asshole, Skinner.

"Walter, I shouldn't have brought this up. I am so sorry."

"Well it's out in the open. I...I have to try to understand what's going on here, Scully."

"Yes, he's talked about it several times. He's got this need Walter. The need to be...to be transported out of himself I think. I mean to lose himself in things - especially in us, because he loves us so much. He really, truly believes he's lost or damned or...something worse without us. This is all so...God it's so hard to understand, Walter."

"Oh, I'm with you there."

She winces.

"I'm sorry, go on."

"Well, Mulder feels safe and supported when he's with one of us. But I don't think he feels totally secure. Maybe...maybe by being with both of us together he'll finally feel completely safe. Completely able to banish and forget the nightmares. I know that when we're together, after...after we've made love he doesn't have those dreams. He's able to sleep through the night without nightmares. And so am I," she adds very quietly.

I nod. She's more than right there. He's usually able to sleep through the night when he's with me too. And God knows I haven't had a Nam nightmare since he's been in my bed.

"But, I...I just don't know. He fantasizes about us all together and...Christ am I such a prude here I keep asking myself? Conservative? What? I'm beginning to think I'm a fffucking hypocrite because I told him I couldn't agree to do it and now...Oh damn. Just forget it."

"And now after you've gotten to know me you think it's a valid possibility? Valid despite the fact that I told you I prefer men?"

"I don't know, Walter. I knew you were married. I believed you must have felt something for Sharon at first. I guess I thought preferred meant preferred Mulder over Sharon. I.."

"Scully this isn't like preferring apples to oranges. Or rice instead of a baked potato with your steak."

"Oh thanks a lot..." she glares at me.

"Oh hell. I'm sorry, it's just that this is...is hard for me to...Scully I'm not good at admitting I'm bewildered, all right?"

"Well neither am I," she waves her hand in dismay. "And at this point I'm totally confused - and I really don't like the feeling. I don't know if it's the alcohol talking or my loneliness or yeah, horniness, or what the heck is going on with me. God. All I know is I was sitting here talking to you...and all of a sudden it all started coming out."

She's starting to tear up a little. She looks down again to cover the dampness clinging to her eyelashes. Damn Mulder. I love the brat but we're going to have to have a serious talk when and if he does arrive in Crossroads. I...I had no idea this was going on. I'm...it bothers me profoundly even though I was crass enough a few minutes ago to have the idea I might try to bed this woman. It's not fair. She...she's too vulnerable, trusting and befuddled right now. Hell. I'm not exaggerating how confused I am. This isn't good. I can still feel the anger boiling just below the surface. But it's rapidly being replaced by a dark sadness. An encroaching impression that maybe, just maybe I don't understand my lover as well as I thought I did. Maybe...maybe I don't understand him at all.

I touch her arm and she flinches slightly.

"Hey, Scully, I'm...I'm sorry," I offer lamely. I pull her closer, and then I pull her close. I can't help it. I pull her into my arms and hug her. She is crying a little now. She's so fragile and petite. Not the imperious professional FBI agent I'm so familiar with at the bureau. Her head fits right under my chin. I would imagine this is how Mulder holds her too. I know he's a cuddler. He's about the same height as I am. It would be the same fit. I can smell her hair. It smells faintly of...lilacs. I can perceive her heart beating. It's beating hard, thrumming like a drum. We sit there for a few minutes and I just rub her back a little. Her crying starts to descend into sniffles.

"God, Walter, you must really think I'm a jackass now," she whispers into my chest hair. I can feel her breathe waft across my nipples. It tickles, bringing a grin to my face.

"Now who's not thinking much of themselves?" I ask her quietly. She pats my chest and straightens up.

"Thank you," she replies simply. We both stare at each other and suddenly she moves in and kisses me, very shyly, on the lips. I'm still holding her lightly, by the arms. I let her kiss me because it happens so quickly I really don't have time to react. Her lips brush, featherlight, against mine. She pulls back and looks at me.

It's there. The thought that maybe she could go through with it. I...I have to think only that she...she's doing this for Fox. Seeing if she could...could make love to me. To convince me to make love to her despite what I've said about preferring men, about being with Mulder about...God! Does she love him so much that she'd be willing to go through with this because it would help him? Please him? Save him? In a flash I know it. I know it and I think - yes - and I'd do the same.

"Sscully...I stutter. This...this would be a mistake. We're, we're both drunk. I...I'd be taking advantage..."

Her eyes show infinite sadness in that moment. She nods and looks down.

"A...a mistake," she whispers, with an almost imperceptible shake of her head.

In that moment the urge to grab my Glock and shoot Mulder in the knee caps is so strong it terrifies me. I'm shaking a little and trying desperately to squelch my hatred and anger for a man I know I'm hopelessly in love with. Christ when I see him he's going to think his days with me as his *surly man* AD were a walk in the fucking park. I have to say something to Scully though. She's sitting here in front of me, hurting - all red faced and runny nosed. She looks like a high school teen who just got jilted by her prom date. God I do feel like her dad for a second. Ah hell. I release her arms and reach over and grab a handful of Kleenex from the little box on the night stand and hand them to her.

"Here," I offer and she takes them gratefully. She blows her nose and then tosses the used tissues towards the trash can on the other side of the bed. It's a perfect basket.

"I'm impressed, not even a rim shot," I smile at her.

"Mulder," she shrugs, still sounding a little stopped up. Yeah, Mulder. Oh man is he in for it.

She sits there indecisively, looking into my eyes. I hope to hell she isn't going to start weeping again. One thing I can't stand is to see a woman cry. It...I don't know... it just really bothers me. Almost unconsciously, I shift over slightly and raise the covers up. I pat the mattress.

"Come on. You...we're both beat. It's not like we haven't done the bed buddy bit before. Let...let's get some sleep."

She nods again and slips under the covers. I shift way over so I won't have to reach over her /touch her/ to deposit my glasses on the night stand. I place them carefully on the night stand on the other side of the bed. The lamp is on her side however. Oh balls.

"Can you hit the light?" I ask her as I start to turn over again. The room is plunged into a soft semi-darkness because the moon is three quarters full tonight. Holding my bandaged leg to steady it a little, I turn completely back over...and I'm lying face to face with Dana Scully. I can feel her warm breath caress my cheek.

Oh God.

We lie there like that for what seems like eternity. Then I can feel her hand very softly touch my chest.

I can barely believe that my shaking hand is coming up out of the blankets to touch her face. She spreads her hand flat over my pectoral muscle. She leans into my hand and I...I draw her face up towards mine and return the featherlight kiss she gave me earlier.

We break apart and I can make out her eyes in the half dark. They're still a little sad but there's acceptance, longing and desire there. I...I don't know what to think because the same emotions are echoed in my own eyes. I know it because my body is growing warm all over. I also know it because I can see and hear Scully's breathing pick up as she studies my face. This is almost too much to fathom.

"So I guess we're going to make a mistake?" she whispers.

"Scully...I.."

"Shhh, she says. It's...it's all right. I know. Tonight, this is all right, Walter. I want you to...I want us to make love. But if you don't want this, I'll...I'll understand. I can't, I won't ask you to go any further if this is wrong for you. Please believe me. This is about me and....and what I want with Fox. What I want for Fox. But I don't...I...God...maybe I should just go back to the couch."

I sigh.

"Scully. I'm...oh hell. I'm so confused right now I can't even think straight. Oh shit, that didn't come out right."

She giggles.

"Christ - I should say I'm totally confused because I am thinking *straight*. I...this is too much. Incredible. Mind boggling."

"Walter, one thing Mulder has taught me. The world is full of extreme possibilities."

"Yeah, and this is one of them," I chuckle, stroking her hair.

"Infinite possibilities..." she adds smiling.

She touches my chest again and makes circular motions in my chest hair with her fingers. Her hand brushes over my medallion. She bends forward and kisses it. Then she kisses a spot next to it on my chest. I smile, a trifle sadly. She kisses me again and the sadness floats away.

I am going to make love to her. Or at least give it my best shot. I would never have dreamed this was possible. I...I didn't think I would ever, could ever want a woman again. But this woman...Dana Scully...this is going to happen. And I want it to happen. I want to it to happen very much I admit at last.

But God - I don't know if this is going to be exactly what she expects. I...I'm not sure I can perform with her. If I can't even get it up for her it won't surprise me. I hope to hell that infinite possibility isn't going to disappoint her. But maybe sexual acrobatics isn't what this is really about tonight. Maybe that isn't what either of us is really looking for tonight.

"Walter..." she begins. I place my fingertips over her lips to silence her. I smile gently.

"Yeah. I guess we're going to err on the side of extreme possibilities, Scully."

I can see her eyes so close to mine that they look luminous, even in the near dark of the bedroom. So...so blue and...so lovely.

"Well I guess if we're going to err on the side of extreme possibility - you'd better call me Dana."

"Just for tonight..." I breathe out raggedly.

"It's a deal," she smiles.

"Dana, I gotta tell you...it's been a long time. I...I hope...I don't even know if I can..."

"It'll be ok, Walter. Don't worry about it. Just...come here," she whispers and I move into her embrace.

Neither of us speaks. I'm very careful to hold her gently. I've been used to making mad, passionate love with a man for months after all. Mulder and I can get pretty rough. I don't want to hurt her.

I guess you could say it's like riding a bike. Or getting back on the horse when you fall off. Some things come back to you and others the body remembers.

And of course, I'm not completely without some knowledge of what to do here.

Oh, I know all right...and I'm responding. But I can't bring myself to take the lead. Like I said - it's been a while. So, it's Scully who takes on the role of my remedial teacher. I'm helping her as she takes off her pajamas, moving the bed covers back so we have more room. Letting her work my BVDs down over my still flaccid cock. She's very careful not to disturb my bandages.

"Is the leg going to be ok?" she asks with concern.

"I think it'll be fine," I smile at her.

I'm moving against her, my breathing picking up as Scully and I begin to explore each other, skin to skin. But I'm still letting her take the initiative. Maybe instinctively I know this will make her enjoy it more. Or maybe deep down I know she's still thinking of me as the boss. Still worried that I don't want her. That this is wrong? I can't see it as wrong. I just see her, touch her, and she's exquisite. Either way I let her show me the way tonight. And ok, it's starting to turn me on too. What can I say?

Oh yeah. I can say one thing.

"Dana?" I ask, toying with her hair.

"Hmm," she murmurs kissing my neck.

"Uh...I know I've been doing Mulder naked but..."

"Protection?"

"Yeah. There's a box of condoms in the night stand. Do you want me to use a rubber?" I know she's sterile. It's a difficult question to ask. But she has had other lovers. I know Mulder uses condoms with her to prolong the moment but...well I figured it's the guy's job to ask you know?"

She moves up, kissing my jawline and then moves to look in my eyes."

"You're a considerate man, Walter," she kisses my forehead gently.

I swallow hard.

"But I'm...clean," she replies wistfully. I know her sterility bothers her. It saddens my heart. I touch her face and brush a finger over her cheek.

"I know..." I murmur and then I kiss her.

There are no words for a while. Just gentle touching, kissing and some shared laughter. Eventually I'm on my back and she's straddling my hips. She bends over and kisses down my body, licking and sucking at my scars. I'm holding her waist and I move my hands down over her lower back and onto her ass. Her skin is so soft. So different from Mulder's. So...so fine. As I move my fingers I can feel the slightly raised skin however - her tattoo! Mulder described it to me, but I've never seen it up close. I chuckle and she lifts up.

"What?"

"I've never seen the snake."

She laughs loud because her nose is just above my cock, and her lips are nuzzling my pubic hair. I'm still not hard for her. But what the hell. We're having a good time here. I know she is - I can feel her warm, wetness on my legs.

"I mean the tattoo," I laugh. Her eyes are dancing.

"Oh. Sure..." she nods, and she moves up and shifts so her butt is facing me. I peer into the darkness. I can see it. I run my hand over the circle in her flesh. She shivers.

"Uroborus," I breathe out roughly. I feel my cock twitch for the first time. I'm really aroused by her, for her...at last - and it's sweet. I stroke her ass and she pumps her hips slightly.

"Swallowing himself..." she sighs with her arousal.

"The eternal return." I whisper. A shiver goes up my spine too. "For every end..."

"...there is a new beginning." she finishes for me. I take her hips and move her back around. Draw her down into my arms.

We move against each other then. Beginning a slow dance to arouse ourselves further. Her head is even with mine and she turns to whisper in my ear.

"Can I...can I touch you?" she breathes, glancing downwards.

She's asking permission to touch my cock? God.

"I'd like to get you hard," she murmurs, licking where her breath is tickling my ear lobe.

"Jesus, Dana..." I moan.

"Is it all right?"

"It's more than all right. God, yeah, I want you to touch me," I shut my eyes as she trails her hand down my body. I feel her take my cock.

She begins to tease and stroke my dick, alternating firm strokes with gentle ones. Then she keeps up a steady, firm pumping, watching my reactions as she works me. She's getting me up. Really hard and really fast too. I can hardly entertain the thought that I'm hard for a woman again after all these years. But it's undeniable. It's also undeniable that my brain is going on auto pilot because I'm enjoying myself completely.

Scully plays with the tip of my rapidly swelling penis, flicking the crown and running her thumb and index finger around the glans over and over. Christ all mighty she's good. Of course I'm familiar with what Mulder likes. So is she. She had to think I'd like the same thing. God, she is perceptive. I'm staring at her in amazement as she takes the pre-cum that's beginning to appear and uses it to slick me up so her fingers will slide more smoothly. I begin to move my hips with each stroke, gasping like a fish out of water. She looks up and grins at me.

"Good?" she smirks.

"You know it," I grin back.

"Then you'll love this," she giggles and then she goes down on me.

"Oh GGGodddd!" I yelp with surprised pleasure. Dana works her way slowly, from the tip of my swollen flesh down to the base. The sight of her mouth stretching to take all of me in makes me shut my eyes and arch my hips. My cock hits the back of her throat. I'm trying to hold myself in check. I don't want to just ram into her despite the fact I can barely stop myself. I don't know where to put my hands either. I don't want to grab her head. God damn. I'm practically floating out of my body here. She begins to work up and down, her cheeks hollowing as she sucks me. Man is that ever the best. Why didn't Mulder mention he wasn't the only master at giving head in this arrangement? Bastard brat.

She releases me for a moment and levers up to look into my gasping face. My cock is bobbing up between us. She caresses my balls, hefting them, toying with them gently. She lightly brushes the finger of her free hand over the tip of my nose.

"Walter, don't hold back, all right. I...I'm enjoying this a lot. Part of my enjoyment is knowing you're enjoying it too. I won't break. You...you don't have to be so careful."

"Christ woman...you are one hot bbbitch."

The stuttering words are out before I even know I said them.

She smirks again.

"That's Ms. Bitch to you - O' Surly Bastard."

"Would you prefer Dr. Bitch?" I gasp as she punctuates her words with a tiny squeeze of my scrotum.

"That'd work just as well," she laughs.

I look up into her enchanting, sparkling blue eyes. They're hooded with passion but still dancing. She's so beautiful in that moment. My heart flips in my chest. I'm enthralled because I remember how Mulder thought of her as that angel ornament over Christmas. I remember the moment I made the connection too - when she was making, what was it - oh yeah, angels in the snow. Snow angel. God, yes. She does look like that extraordinary, pale angel right now. I touch her arms, stroking from the shoulder down to her hands. I take both her hands up and kiss each palm in turn. She's smiling down at me, the sadness all but gone now. A delicate flush is freckling her chest.

"God. I wanna fuck you," I whisper half in disbelief and half in wonder.

"Don't sound so surprised," she teases.

I rumble my laughter and kiss her hands again.

The is so unreal but somehow it feels right. And it sure as hell feels good.

"Dana?" it's my turn to ask permission now I guess. I do want her but I want it on her terms still, not mine.

"What?" she asks, running a finger across my nipples. Her nail scratches each one with a mixture of exquisite pleasure and pain. Lord God! I wonder if I can get Mulder to grow his nails out a little.

"I'm in your hands...whatever...whatever you want," I husk.

Damn. I'm panting for her. Yeah, damn straight I'm hot for her. And it's a blast.

"And what was that you said earlier?"

"Short memory?" I tease her back a little.

"My memory's just fine. I want to hear you say it again."

Oh baby. A game? Yeah, I kind of like this game.

"Woman, don't test me," I growl a little. She knows I'm not serious though because I can barely keep the grin off my lips.

"Say it," she whispers, teasing me with a seductive smile.

"Fuck me," I growl. Well I've lost games before. But never quite so quickly - and never so willingly.

"Yes, sir," she purrs and levering back up to straddle my hips, she guides herself down onto my erection. I reach up to steady my cock for her and we lock eyes.

"Oh lady..." I groan as I feel her hot, tight sex enveloping me.

She takes all of me right down to my nuts. We lie still for a moment just adjusting to the sensations. The sensation of filling and being filled, that wonderful connection. This is like...almost like Fox. But different. The fragrance. The wet, soft feminine feel of her body is joyously different to me I realize in amazement. But she's tight just like Fox. Exquisitely tight. I'm still looking up into her face. I'm in total awe.

"You're so beautiful," I manage to groan.

"I...Walter this feels so good," she gasps.

"God, yes," I nod, stroking her arms again. I bring my hands over to brush her breasts. I toy with her nipples.

"You like this?" I ask hopefully. I mean here we are getting ready to fuck each other's brains out and I haven't even found out what she finds most pleasurable. Well, I have been letting her go her own way here. She certainly has been enjoying herself. But, I guess it's about time I do something for her. No shit. Jesus.

She bites her lip and nods, "Oh yesss."

I gently and carefully move up, lifting Dana up and back, using my hips to counterbalance until we're sitting, her cradled in my lap. Her legs shift to straddle my hips. We're seated face to face now. Both of us glance down at the connection between us. I can hear her whimper slightly in her throat. Her inner muscles spasm and I grunt in pleasure.

"*You* feel good," I tell her, kissing her neck.

"Walter..." she moans, shifting against me.

"I'm sorry..." I murmur into her ear. "I...I couldn't get to these the other way," I add as I start to suckle her tits.

"Oh God..." she moans, "It's fine, I'm fine, Oh Jesus..." she laughs, tilting her head back as I go to work on her heavy, swollen nipples. I feel them hardening then to tight little nubs under my tongue. Jesus...that's good.

She's stroking my head, and murmuring nonsense, and I'm laughing around her warm, soft flesh. She's giggling.

"Hold me," she whispers at last.

"DDDana.." I mumble and draw her close, kissing her passionately. She opens her mouth and we taste each other deeply. Our tongues communicating the way we want to dance together, at last.

When we begin to move against each other, it's as if we've done it many times before. Both of us find our rhythm easily, sliding in and out, in perfect point/counterpoint. Once again there are no more words. Just the sound of hot, slick skin against hot, slick skin, and our harsh breathing.

I hold her hips and look into her eyes. By almost tacit agreement we keep our eyes open, watching our reactions. Observing, impressing the moment upon our psyche for now, and forever. This is so different from my first time with Fox. I...I want to watch this time. I want, I need to see Dana when she comes. I want her to see me. To know I can lose control with her. That...that she made me lose it. Knowledge is power. And right at this second in time I want to give her that power more than anything in the world. I know she wants to see me. I can feel it. I can feel her running her nails up and down my back. Urgent motions of encouragement. Feel her clenching my ass and see her nodding, bottom lip held in her teeth again as I thrust into her.

At the last I remember to reach between us and rub my finger over her clit.

"Good?" I just manage to gasp out, and she does close her eyes for a moment, nodding again, her mouth open.

"Open your eyes," I moan. I rub her clit hard and fast. She's tensing up. I know she's close and...and I want...I...want...Oh God.

Dana stiffens in my arms as she begins to orgasm. She arches back and I support her as her inner muscles clench down on my cock. Her head and chest flush more deeply and she cries out, a breathless incoherent scream. I'm crying after her.

"Oh God, baby. That's it, that's it."

She spasms tightly around me for several seconds, shaking, her eyes open but largely unaware. Her scream is cut off as she arches her neck, her mouth open farther. All I can do is hold her. I'm not coming with her. I haven't thrust long enough, or hard enough to get off. But I don't care. This is fantastic. Christ. I'm making her come. I'm making Dana Scully come.

Finally she starts to come back to herself. Her eyes focus again and she's trembling and sweating in my lap. I draw her to my chest, and kiss her hair.

"Angel," I murmur.

She kisses my chest. I feel her trace her hand down my body to where my cock is still inside her.

"You're...you're still hard," she whispers, still breathless.

I push her back slightly, and grin a little. Her arms are over my shoulders, her hands wrapped around the back of my neck. And she's smiling...she's smiling at me.

"Sometimes being a surly old bastard has it's advantages," I reply with a little pride in my voice, "it let's us do our manly duty for a...good manly amount of time."

"I'm all for doing your duty, most definitely," she smiles back.

"Uh huh. I thought so," I reply, "and you know what?" I add with a smirk.

"What?"

"You were right about my tripping the light fantastic again. I'm dancing all right. And look ma, no hands," I laugh, letting go of her and using just my hips and thighs to pull back slightly and thrust into her.

"Oh Lord," she laughs. We're both laughing and then we're kissing again. Moaning into each other's mouths. Holding each other, rocking. Oh Jesus, Jesus...oh, so...so good.

"Come for me, Walter," she purrs in my ear, and by now I'm more than happy to oblige, "Don't hold back. I love your cock."

Christ.

I start to thrust into her, going faster and faster, harder. God I hope to hell I'm not...no...I'm not. She's nodding her head and groaning in ecstasy.

"Good. Oh good," she hisses. I'm really giving it to her now. Holding her hips and practically pulling her off me with each back thrust. I ram on home with a snap and roll of my hips. She's matching me stroke for stroke. I can feel my own orgasm gathering somewhere around the base of my spine. It's starting to climb up. It's burning as it licks up my nerves to my brain. I'm on fire. Man, let me burn. My balls are starting to really tense up...and I know I'm gonna shoot.

"Fuck. You're so fucking ggggood," I growl as I concentrate on getting my stroke just right to bring myself off. I try to reach between us again to bring her with me but she moves my hand aside.

"I'll do it. Get off. I want to see you get off," she moans, tugging again at her clit. She slicks her fingers up with her own juices and continues to rub her sensitive flesh and my cock as it plunges into her. Mother of God...this is so phenomenal.

"Oh God, baby, that's so good. So fine. Do it, do it," I snarl as she works herself

"So's this," Scully hisses again and I can feel her right hand shift back onto my ass and then between my cheeks. Seeking, seeking the tight opening. Oh Christ she's...slick finger inside, angling just right...

"FUCK!" I scream loudly as she finds my prostate and runs her gentle finger over it with blissful accuracy. My hips plunge forward, jacking into her like I've stuck my cock into an electrical socket.

I can hear her gasping again. And then I don't hear anything but that rushing in my ears because I'm coming - and it's a rush all right. One motherfucking mighty rush. Talk about that fucking tornado. Yeah, storm of the millennium baby. Oh God. O God! Yeah. Blow me away. Do it now. Right away....away....Oh Jesus. My balls are contracting like they've been squeezed in a vice. I'm gone. Completely. I thrust mindlessly. Then suddenly I can hear. I can hear her voice. Dana's encouraging me to fuck her, fuck her hard. Come on, come on she calls to me, drawing me out, gasping and laughing as I grind against her. I'm grimacing in fuck blind ecstasy, gasping, and laughing all at the same time as well. It's sensory overload. So good. So hot. So...so it's going on forever...and I don't want it to stop.

She's removed her finger from me and brought herself off again almost right along with me. Her cunt clamps down on me and I'm yowling like a dog in heat. Finally my hips begin to slow and so do hers. We're shaking like hell and holding each other for support. Both of us are sweating like crazy, and we're still laughing.

"God," she finally speaks.

"I think I saw him," I laugh and she does too. Then she caresses where we're still joined and I gasp because it's another rush of lust, even though I'm rapidly growing flaccid again.

"I...Dana I have to pull out and lie down," I breathe, "I'm sorry," I add. Damn, she wore me out. I may be able to stay longer, but I'm not 21 any more. Being young has it's advantages too.

"I don't think you have anything to be sorry for," she smiles into my eyes and kisses me lightly on the mouth, "But I need to...get up too. I need to go to the bathroom," she adds with a rueful grin.

I try not to laugh. Sharon used to have that happen sometimes. Hell, Mulder has had it happen a few times too. Well, not in the same way...but it's still a little embarrassing. We disentangle our bodies and I slap her gently on the ass as she gets up. She gives me a little glare at that one. I smirk and then she wags a finger at me. Ok, I know there should be some boundaries. She's an independent, proud woman. She doesn't deserve to be treated without respect. Yeah, I don't have a problem with it either. I nod and smile, making the boyscout hand sign. She nods back, satisfied I've once again declared my gentlemanly intentions. Dana pads quietly over towards the bedroom door. She opens it and shuts it carefully as she exits.

I lie down flat and stare up at the ceiling. It's while I'm staring that I hear it. Low voices coming from above me. Oh piss up a rope. Dennis and Phil! Well obviously they weren't the only ones who forgot about being more discrete tonight. Oh shit. Well we're all going to be red faced in the morning I guess. God, no kidding. What the hell am I going to say to them? Just as I'm thinking about that eventuality, the toilet flushes across the hall. The voices stop when the water runs. Good. Scully returns with a warm wash cloth.

"Uh...I thought you might want to...you know," she gestures towards my crotch.

"Oh yeah. Thanks," I reply. I shift off the bed and standing with one hand on the bed post, begin to wipe off my genitals.

"Will you be all right? I forgot a towel," she whispers.

"Sure," I look up to see her studying me. I grip the bed post firmly and ease my weight onto the bandaged leg. It supports my bulk a little better.

"See," I smile at her.

"Great," she smiles back and then turns to leave again. When she comes back she's carrying a fluffy white towel. She walks over and takes the damp wash cloth from me, placing it on the night stand. I move to take the towel from her but she brushes my hand away.

"Let me," she offers. I nod, my eyes never leaving hers until she bends to her task. She begins to tenderly swab down my balls and cock and then my thighs and stomach as well. It's so much like Mulder has done for me after we've made love that tears come suddenly into my eyes. I take the towel from her and draw her into my arms, holding her close.

"Thank you," I murmur. "Thank you for everything, Dana."

"Believe me, it was my pleasure," she replies, kissing my chest.

I toss the towel on a nearby chair and we both get back into the bed. Lying face to face again. She yawns.

"Don't do that...it's contagious," I rumble. Then I yawn as well.

"Mmm Hmm," she agrees yawning again.

"Hey, you want to...would you like me to hold you?" I ask quietly.

"I'd like that, Walter."

I lie flat again and she snuggles close, putting her head in the crook of my arm and onto my chest. I wrap my arm around her. I still can't get over how small she feels in my arms. Vulnerable but so strong as well. Yes - a hell of a woman. A hell of a human being.

"Comfortable?" I ask quietly.

"Yeah. This...this is nice."

"Yeah. I...I hold Mulder this way too," I volunteer.

"Does he hold you?"

I chuckle.

"Yup. Quid Pro Quo. I guess I'm a bit of a snuggle bunny too."

She laughs, "Oh God."

"Now, don't repeat that." I mock growl at her.

"Never!" she giggles.

"It's one of Mulder's nicknames for me anyway," I reply with a sigh.

We're quiet for several minutes and I think she's fallen asleep. My eyes are heavy and starting to close.

"I guess...I guess we're going to have to talk about Mulder in the morning," she sighs wistfully.

"I...yeah, I guess we will. I guess we're going to have to talk about all this." I murmur. Christ on a crutch that's a friggin' understatement. Talk about the world moving off it's axis. Fuck - it wouldn't even compare.

She rubs her cheek over my nipple as she nods her head in agreement. I'm seized with another thought and snort a little laugh.

"Hmm?" she says.

"I was just thinking - we'll have to face Dennis and Phil tomorrow too. And on an equal embarrassment opportunity footing."

"Oh no, you're right," she laughs again, "I thought I heard them after...well while I was on may way to the bathroom."

"I know *I* heard them."

She strokes my chest.

"Walter...are...are you all right? I mean really, are you ok with this?"

I ponder that question for several heartbeats. I don't have any regrets. Except for one. I'm still angry with Mulder for throwing us into this situation. As wonderful and erotically magnificent as our experience was tonight - I still can't help thinking Mulder lied to me by omission. By not telling me he had the menage fantasy. And I feel as though he may have pressured Scully by talking about it with her. Fox and I are going to have some issues to discuss when I see him again. I can't stop thinking also, that I don't really know him. And that bothers me a lot. It hurts. But Scully? I don't begrudge what she did. I don't regret what we did together. I could never regret it even though it's going to make me reassess my sexuality...yet again. Make me think about the implications of what this means for our unique arrangement. I know Dana will be doing the same. It's not going to be pleasant...and I'm not happy about that idea either. No way in hell.

But I wonder if Scully does have second thoughts now? If perhaps she's guilty or has her own regrets? It's not an impossibility after all. So I swallow and throw the question back at her.

"Are you?"

"Yeah...I...I am."

I sigh with relief.

"I'm fine with it, Dana. Fine with you. I have no regrets. You're...you're one hell of a woman, Dana Scully."

"But you do have regrets...issues...with Fox?"

I sigh again. No shit.

"Well, I'm...we're going to have to talk to him about it too. I guess we're all going to have to see where...where this, where the arrangement is going to go now. Yeah, we're going to have some issues to discuss. Big ones. But...but don't worry about it. We'll just have to cross that bridge when we come to it."

Cross that bridge and hope the God damned proverbial troll isn't under it asking for a pound of flesh in payment.

She nods against my chest. Her head is lolling to the side. She's exhausted. So am I for that matter. But it's a damn good exhaustion. No question. Still, I need to crash here. And so does she. It's 5 AM after all. It *is* morning by many people's clocks. People who aren't on vacation - who haven't been balling until the wee hours of the morning. Poor bastards.

"Dana?"

"Umm Hmm."

I hug her close, "Go to sleep...lover. We can talk more in the morning."

"'Kay. Night, Walter," she replies sleepily. Her breathing begins to deepen and even out. She's falling asleep in my arms. I kiss the top of her head lightly.

"Sweet dreams...angel," I whisper.

"dreams, sweet...snuggle bunny," she mumbles and then she's asleep.

xXx

Later...

I'm not sure what's waking me up. I'm disorientated. Someone talking in their sleep? Maybe. No, someone bumped me and then sighed or moaned a little. I open one gummy eye and look around. The clock says 6 AM. But I'm on vacation! Darn it. Who set the...but it wasn't the alarm it was, what? It suddenly occurs to me that I seem to be lying wrapped up in someone's arms...masculine arms. Big, muscular, masculine arms? Big? It's not Mulder. I blink as awareness floods me.

Oh God! It's Walter. I'm in bed with Walter Skinner and...of course I'm in bed with Skinner...I just made love with Walter Skinner...and...and...Holy shit. I made love with my ex-boss, the AD, God - Mulder's lover... and it was incredible. Wonderful. God, yes it was wonderful I nod to myself. No kidding. I can still feel that pleasant tingling between my legs. That tingling I get with Mulder that tells me I've been well fucked, and loved every minute of it. Mother Mary.

Well good. We deserved some...some pleasure. It was good for us. And God we were good for each other, I think. No...no *thinking* about it...I know! It was good for me. Oh my God, look at his neck! I cannot believe I gave him a hickey on his neck. Oh for heavens sake. Well I couldn't help it. It was such...such a turn on. I...I hope it was as good for him. What am I saying - he was howling like a wolf, and grinning like an idiot. Just like me! Oh yes - it was damn good for him too.

But I still can't believe I...hell I can't believe I even brought up the subject. The subject that Mulder and I have discussed at night, in bed, before now and especially recently, when he's been missing us both so much. I don't want to think about the implications of that idea right now though... not in this moment while I'm looking into Walter's blissfully sleeping face. I'm exhausted. Sated but I'm just so tired. Later. I'll think about everything later, I tell myself. I realize I'm almost falling back to sleep and I can't give anything really serious thought or consideration right now.

Just as I'm about to drop off, Walter shifts and then hisses a little in his sleep. His eyelids flutter and it occurs to me that maybe his leg is bothering him. I gently disengage myself from his now slack arms. Walter shifts and lies flat on his back. He stretches just slightly under the covers and a bolt of raw lust goes through my whole body. Oh boy, I've got it bad. I lean forward and brush at his forehead tenderly and then grin a little sheepishly. No bangs, Dana! For heavens sake.

"Shhh, it's ok," I whisper, settling him down. He sighs and relaxes again. I pull the covers back a bit and peer at his bandages. No blood or discoloration. So the stitches are fine. I leave the covers loose around his leg and lie back to watch him for a moment.

God, he is a magnificent man, really. Not many men a week or so shy of their 47th birthday can claim to be in excellent shape. But Walter Skinner can. Prime shape. When I was with him, touching and stroking him I couldn't at first believe how hard he was. Hard? God - I'll say.

I glance down to the bulge that is just visible under the blankets. His penis is impressive even when he isn't erect. When he's hard? Well let's just say he's well endowed and leave it at that. I thought Mulder was impressive. When I saw what Walter had to offer last night I thought - Dana - you are one lucky woman. What a dynamic duo. And to think he was worried he couldn't get it up for me. Wouldn't be able to perform. Well it was quite a performance. Bless his heart.

All right, I'm getting all gooey here. But what the heck. After all, this so called big, tough SOB lets Mulder call him snuggle bunny. I almost giggle. What an image that word picture painted for me! *Energizer Bunny* would be more appropriate. Oh yes! I'll have to remember that nick name later, I think, with a small grin. God, he's fun too. Fun to tease and Lord! I never imagined he had such a...would be...so kind. I was still a little afraid of him, even though I cringe with embarrassment to admit it now. But deep down I was still worried last night that he'd turn out to be more like his AD office persona in bed. Demanding, rough, or at the worse - hurtful and mean. What a stupid idea that was. He was...he was so sweet.

I watch him now. Asleep. His face calm. He looks 10 years younger, even with the bald head. He's not snoring very loudly at all. He's handsome. Yes, no doubt about it. A fine man. And as I told him...a good man. Worthy of respect and...and of love.

I lie back down and snuggle up to him. He's warm. It feels nice. I kiss him carefully on the cheek. He sighs again.

"Lover..." he breathes out.

I'm not sure which lover he means now. I guess that's something else we're going to have to discuss...soon.

I close my eyes and feel sleep overtake me again.

xXx

11:00 AM. Dragon's Roost.

Can't you leave me alone? First the damn toilet flushing. Now Ringing? Who set the friggin' alarm? Sonuvabitchhh! Oh. I wake up slowly, staring at the ceiling. It's a phone. Cell phone. Christ gotta answer the...no it's too far away for my cell. Sounds like...

I'm fully awake then, listening to a phone somewhere in Dragon's Roost ringing off the hook. I glance at the clock on the night stand. 11 AM? Damn. Suddenly the phone stops ringing abruptly. I can hear a muffled voice speaking and then an exclamation.

"Oh my God!" it's Phil and I can tell it's an emergency. I start to get up and realize I'm not in bed alone. Christ on a crutch. Last night!

"Whaaat?" Dana Scully starts to ask in a sleep bleary voice.

I touch her hip gently, and smile at her in reassurance.

"It's...it's ok. The phone rang. Something's up with Phil...uh, stay here. I'll check."

She nods, still half asleep and pulls the covers back up around her. I get up quickly, hunt around for my BVDs and pull them on. I hastily grab my robe from the hook inside the closet door and head for the bedroom door. Opening it, I step into the short hallway and almost run smack into Dennis.

"Walter. I was just coming to...to see if you were awake."

Diplomatic to the core, is Dennis, flashes through my mind.

"What's wrong? I heard Phil on the phone."

"It's not good news. The gallery in Bangor that handles our work is on fire. Crap, this is awful."

"Jesus!" I reply in shocked disbelief

"Yeah. Hell. It's not so bad for me because I have the negatives for the photographs. But Phil...Phil's going to lose some good work."

"Oh man. What can I do to help?" I ask, all thoughts of any embarrassment over last nights escapades going out the window in the face of this tragedy.

"Well there isn't really anything you can do. Unfortunately Phil and I are going to have to drive to Bangor immediately. I can call you when we get up there and update you. You're... you and Dana are welcome to stay here. We'll try to get back to Crossroads as soon as we can."

"All right. Thanks. If you aren't back before we have to leave we can lock up. No sweat. I'll mail you the extra keys."

"Good deal," Dennis answers. I look at him for a split second and then I grab him in a bear hug.

"I really am sorry, Den," I tell him quietly, "Tell...tell Phil I'm sorry too."

"I will. Thanks Walter. He's getting the car ready."

We break apart and I look over his head towards the front of the house.

"So, you...you guys have been up for a while?"

I can tell he looks down. I look back at him.

"Uh, yeah, we...we figured you two could use the sleep."

"Dennis we..." I begin. I want to say something to him but I hardly know how to begin. And now probably isn't the time.

Dennis puts his hand on my shoulder.

"It's ok, Walter. Scully's a great person. I have to admit I didn't see it coming but...well, if it's ok with you, and Dana...and Fox..."

"Den, it just happened. I don't know what the hell I'm going to say to Mulder."

"Does he suspect?"

"Suspect? There hasn't been anything to suspect. This...this is brand new - believe me.

"Holy shit."

"Yeah. Well there's more to this but...I don't want to go into it now. I just...I just don't know where the hell anything is going now."

"Damn."

"No kidding. But look, you don't need to hear this, Dennis. You need to get to Bangor. God. Remember - if there's anything I can do."

"I'll call you."

"Exactly. And look...if the fire was suspicious - I know the SAC up in Bangor, maybe he can give the local PD some help."

"Thanks Walter. I really mean it."

"Ok. Get going. We'll handle things here." I hope! Oh brother.

We hug one more time and it feels great. Dennis is a genuine guy. I'm really glad he's my friend. Phil too. We break apart once more and he turns, heading towards the front door. I watch as he takes his coat from the coat closet, opens the door, and leaves.

I sigh heavily, turn around myself, and head off to the can to take my morning piss.

A short time later...

I stand outside the door to the guest bedroom debating. To be or not to be? Should I go back in, or go make breakfast? Making breakfast will postpone the inevitable. The inevitability of finding out Scully thinks I'm a bastard, a cad...a shitty lover. Balls. Talk about your fucking morning after.

But will she really think any of those things? It didn't sound like it last night. Last night it sounded...it sounded, and felt more fantastic than I could have ever imagined possible. God damn. Well there's only one way to find out if she's having morning after regrets...

I open the door as quietly as I can, and reenter. Scully is awake and sitting up in bed now, the covers wrapped demurely up around her breasts. I walk over and sit down on the edge of the bed next to her.

"What happened?" she asks concern all over her face.

"The gallery in Bangor that carries Dennis and Phil's work is on fire," I state simply and directly, "they have to drive there immediately."

"Oh God!" she exclaims, "that's horrible."

"I offered them any help we could give."

"Oh yes, by all means. Lord, that's...that's a damn shame," she shakes her head, stunned.

"We've been given carte blanche to stay on here. If they don't get back before the day after tomorrow we can lock up and mail them the extra keys."

"I don't know what to say," Scully touches my thigh.

I lay my hand over hers and squeeze it with affection. God, I'd better change the subject here or pretty soon we'll both be as depressed as hell. I stare in her face. Her eyes look tired, but calm, clear and...and I don't see any sadness or regret at all.

"How's the hangover? I ask, looking into her eyes further, and smiling a little.

I'm amazed to find I have little or no hangover. Last nights Tylenol and lemonade cure must have done the trick. Or the sex. Damn! That did a trick last night. No shit.

She removes her hand from my leg and runs both her hands through her hair.

"You know? I don't seem to have one," she smiles shyly at me, "I'm just a *little* tired. "But it's a good tired," she adds with a wider grin.

"Good. Uh, that's good," I stammer and look away. Oh man. I'm reverting to my high school days here. Big, dumb, jock Walter Skinner rides again. I get completely and totally lucky, and I'm acting like the *Incredible Hulk*. Can I make myself look any more stupid in front of this exquisite woman? What a moron I am.

I feel her hand touch my arm. She strokes it lightly. I turn and look into the face of kindness and calm, compassionate acceptance.

"Walter, I don't have any regrets. I meant what I said last night. You were...it was wonderful. Really. I wouldn't change a thing."

I let out a long sigh and study my feet. I really, really hate it when my ears turn red.

"I'm sorry. I...I still can't believe you...that you'd find me even remotely desirable, Scully. I...I wasn't even sure I could...well you know. But hell, it *was* wonderful. I'm glad we were together. No regrets and I wouldn't change a thing either."

We look at each other for a few more seconds.

"You have any plans for today, agent?" I ask her quietly.

"None, sir, you?"

"Well I thought we could maybe catch some more sleep here and then...if you're up for it...take a walk on the beach. I...I don't want my leg to stiffen up too much."

"Sounds good, lovely in fact. And Walter - I'm fixing breakfast, all right?"

"Lunch you mean," I chuckle.

"God, yes. This has to be a record for me," she laughs glancing at the bed side clock.

"Yeah, me too. But lunch a la Dana Scully would be great."

"Good," she nods decisively.

I stand up and remove my robe, tossing it over towards a chair. I know she's nude under the covers. Well what the hell I think. If she's letting it all hang out so to speak, why not? I grasp the waistband of my BVDs and pull them off tossing them in an arc to follow the robes previous trajectory. When I look back she's watching me. She unconsciously licks her lips. Oh baby. Now that is an image. You know, I think I could really get to like those lips. Mulder's mouth has that pouty lushness I find so appealing. Scully's lips are a sight to behold as well.

I grin at her and she smiles back, lifting the covers so I can slide back in next to her.

I yawn.

"Sorry," I apologize.

"No problem," she replies. Then I feel her pulling on me a little. What? I start to chuckle because I know what she's trying to do. She's trying to get me up into her arms so she can hold me. Well I'm quite an armful. So, I help her by moving myself up against her chest. Hmmm. Nice and soft. Just like a cushy pillow. Oh brother, I've got it bad. This...this is so out there.

"Quid Pro Quo," she laughs gently, "Mister...*Energizer Bunny*."

"What?" I guffaw.

"Energizer bunny. I've re-christened you. Like it?"

"Do I have a choice?"

She slaps me on the shoulder and I kiss her tit.

"It's either that or *snuggle bunny* and really, if I have to call you that I'm going to, as Mulder would say, hurl."

I'm laughing in earnest now, jiggling against her.

"Well in deference to Dennis and Phil's bed linen, I bow to your wishes, Madame."

"Good idea," she nods sleepily.

"Scully?"

"Yes?"

"This is a good thing isn't it?" I ask quietly, "for...for all of us?"

The words surprise me. I...I sound so vulnerable. God, this isn't like me. Not like me at...well shit, maybe I should realize it's something I need to accept. Vulnerability. I need to learn I don't have to have all the answers. Don't need to be the man. The one in control all the time. Maybe...maybe that's what I was looking for last night. And maybe, maybe that's what Scully was looking for last night as well.

"Walter, it's good for me. I think it's good for you. For Fox? I think it'll be good for him too. And you know...at first I was...ok, I was doing this for Mulder. But now...well now I don't think that's the only reason any more," she whispers, stroking my head.

I was doing it for the brat too, I think. At first. I'm still very angry with Mulder for putting us in this position even though it's turned out well, it seems, for two of the parties.

"I...I don't think it's the only reason for me anymore either, Scully."

I can feel her nod.

"And this is what Fox wanted anyway, Walter. Well, half of it anyway," she adds with humor filling her voice.

I rumble my laughter.

"So, we'd better catch those zzzzzs," I finally manage to get out. My voice is hushed but filled with emotion. I...this is good. It has to be good...it feels just and right.

"Yeah. Catch you later, Mr. AD."

I nod against her and we both shift to get a little more comfortable. Before either of us realizes it, we're asleep again in each others embrace.

xXx

Case closed. Two of the most popular words in my vocabulary. And you know what? I don't get to use them very often at all. And man, I'm glad to use them right now. For a multitude of reasons. First and foremost of course is the fact that the college women of Mount Holyoke can sleep easy tonight. Through the combined hard work of the Rape Task Force and yours truly as well as Agent Manconan, Steven Beckwith is going to the slammer. What a fucking snake. It was a great pleasure to throw him to the ground and cuff the bastard. Even if I was wearing a skirt at the time. Ran my hose too. Shit. Hey, it was worth it to see the look on his face when he found out the victim he'd grabbed was a Jack instead of a Jill. I really have to give Manconan and Reed credit for helping me carry off that disguise. Crap, I wonder what Walter would have said if he'd seen me in that outfit from The Gap? Hey, if it's good enough for Monica...

Walter and Scully! That's the other reason. I can't even separate them in my mind now. I just...I want them by my side so badly. After a case like this one I need...Christ I just need them in every way.

So, it was a call to Kersh to modem my report. I'm still in obsequious mode I guess. Then, the nerve wracking experience of sitting in the hotel room nearly ripping my hair out until he sent back his approval and my vacation activation! YES!

Hop a flight from Hartford, Connecticut since Bradley International was closer to Holyoke than Logan in Boston. Land in Bangor, Maine. Rent a car and DRIVE!

I didn't even stop to call the house in Crossroads. I haven't called them all week. I...I just couldn't. No time. No energy...no way. Not when I'm the way I get on a VCS case. But I'm not calling ahead now because I want to surprise Walter and Scully and Dennis and Phil. God, sounds like Bob and Carol and Ted and Alice. Ooh Maybe I can be Alice! Shit. I'm so excited ! I barely stopped to take that piss I really needed to take.

I made it to Crossroads in record time - it's just shy of 12:30 PM. I'm pulling up in front of *Dragon's Roost*. It's unusually quiet and the shades are drawn I notice Scully's car and an SUV in the driveway. Hmmm. Walter rented an SUV the last time. Where are Dennis and Phil's...oh yeah the garage. For some reason the hair on the back of my neck goes up as I put my rental in park and exit it, activating the alarm system. I turn and look the house over. It does look unoccupied at the moment. I go up onto the porch and knock. No answer. I knock once more. Still no answer. Rather than pound on the door I take a short walk over to the garage and peer cautiously into the side window. Empty. Ok. Well that's ok. They probably all went into Derry or something. Lunch dates. Lots of errands to run. Whatever.

No problem. I'll just sit down on the porch and wait. So, leaving my luggage in the trunk of my car, I go up and plant my butt on the porch swing. After a few minutes I realize I'm very thirsty. Shit. Just about the time I'm thinking of walking into Crossroads to get a soda I remember the extra key. The one Walter showed me Dennis and Phil keep in a small waterproof container under the garden gnome. Ah ha! Liquid refreshment coming right up.

I retrieve the key, open the front door, and I'm in like Flynn as the saying goes.

My rooting through the fridge unearths some lemonade. I decide to pour a really big glass of it. Taking a long swig to quench my thirst, I head back into the living room to turn on the CD player. It's when I'm in the living room that I hear a noise. It sounds like a groan coming from the hallway leading to the guest bedroom. My senses are on alert in a second flat. I set the glass of lemonade down on the coffee table. I listen. A hear a second small sound - definitely of human origin. Crap. My overworked Holyoke nerves fray some more. I pull out my Smith and Wesson, and treading very lightly, walk down the hall towards the guest room door.

I take a deep breath, and very quietly take the door knob, twist, and swing the door open a couple of inches. I look in.

Jesus done left Chicago! HOLY SHIT!

Walter is lying asleep in bed, naked, on his back and he is not alone. I'll say he's not a...a...alone! Scully! Dana Katherine Scully is lying on his chest. What in the....Oh God he's got an enormous hickey on...on a spot he could never reach...on his nnneck!? Of course he couldn't reach it himself so that means...Scully...Dana. Hey, I thought your aim was...But oh yeah, Scully! She's got that little smile on her sleeping lips that says I've just been well fucked and I loved every minute of it, Mulder! Except it wasn't Mulder doin' the fuckin'. Christ all mighty. I holster my gun and just stare at them for a moment. I'm dumbstruck!

But then I grin. I grin really wide. Well what do you know!? If I could have had my fondest wish what would it be? And here it is - well part of it at least - displayed oh so fetchingly before my lust-filled, dilating hazel eyes. There is a God! Two. Aphrodite...and she's lying next to Bacchus, in a queen sized bed in Crossroads, Maine. Queen? Oh man, big guy! Well, Walter S. Skinner, welcome to the world of bisexuality, sweet cheeks. Glad you're straddling the fence, lover. Oh honey, you're gonna straddle wood all right. Yes, sir.

Looking at them both causes my mind to fly South in about 30 seconds flat. Oh baby! Just the picture of the objects of my affection lying in bed together... naked, and obviously satiated makes my cock start to swell. Walter you old soldier. You'll be so proud. I'm gonna salute you right through my dress pants. God! Walter looks so cute with that hickey above his larynx. Can you say someone kissed the frog and the prince appeared? OH FUCK. I suppress a giggle. Oh man are they gonna let him have it at the office. Lucky Scully seems to be unmarked. At least on the areas I can see. Whoa! God. Look at those ta...ta...tits. She looks so beautiful. Glowing. Hot. Hot and so...sweet. Yup, it's been too long. Way too long. My breathing is starting to pick up. I work desperately to calm my panting. I have to be quiet here because my sex swamped mind is rapidly going out the window and I need to think a few more moments to finish formulating my plan.

Ok. Long enough I think. Long. Oh yeah it's getting long. I start to take my clothes off as fast as I can and stay as silent as possible. I lay my weapon on the dresser. The cell phone too. Wallet. I'm yanking crap out of my pockets in a silent whirlwind of motion. My eyes never leave the bed. Oh boy are they gonna love this, I think. Surprise, my little snuggle bunnies!

In no time I'm buck naked, hot, hard and ready. I pad quietly over to the bed and stand looking down at my two bed buddies. Where to begin? God...talk about an overabundance of riches. I feel like a kid in a candy store! Hmmmm. Well I've walked up to Scully's side of the bed. There you go. And here I come. Luckily, since she's clinging to Walter like a mink stole, I'm able to climb in and cuddle close to her. Oh God she's... she smells so good. Wet puss...I'm gone. No mind.... left...Scully sighs a little and I bend down and start to kiss her breast.

Just as my mouth hovers over her nipple I glance up and...I'm gazing right into Walter's eyes. They're wide open and not that gorgeous soft brown I melt for....no, they're black. Black and hard. He's as mad as hell. Before I can even say anything, he speaks.

"Get the fuck out of the bed."

"What?"

"Get up."

"Walter?" I ask totally bewildered. By this point Scully is stirring. Her eyes are opening. She's making startled noises in her throat. I lift my hand and move to touch her cheek to calm her. Walter grabs my wrist in a grip of steel.

"Don't touch her," he hisses, and then I'm being pushed back and he's following me right over Dana's hip. Scully is starting to sputter, panicking momentarily. She's still half asleep and not sure what's going on.

"Walter..." she begins, her voice husky with sleep and...dismay. She catches sight of me then. Her eyes open like a shot and as Walter knee walks over her body half propelling me off the bed, she shouts in alarm.

"MULDER!"

"Scully, I...Walter what the hell is going on!?"

Jesus God! What is going on here? Is he...what? Jealous? Pissed I touched her? He's looking at me like he wants to strangle me! Holy shit. I'm in deep shhh...what is going on here?

"I could ask you the same thing, Fox. In fact I *am* going to ask you. I'm gonna ask you right now. We're gonna have a nice long talk. Just like in the old days in my office, agent. Now...get your fucking ass out the door!"

He's spitting he's so pissed. The veins on his neck are bulging. Christ the hickey is bright red. He's breathing like a bull. In full angry AD mode and I have no fucking idea what is going on! Jesus wept!

"Walter what in the living God are you doing!?" Scully is upset and angry too now. Confused, and I can see embarrassment deep in her eyes. She's just slept with him and she's embarrassed? Oh hell. Come on Scully don't go all prude faced on me - again. Son of a bitch! No, she's beyond embarrassment now. It was only fleeting after all. She's in full balls out mad mode. God I'm gonna have to duck her too? Scully's out of bed, nude and fuming, as Walter shoves me towards the bedroom door.

"Yeah, what the fuck!?" I yell

Walter ignores me and turns to Dana, "Last night you said it was about you and....and what you wanted with Fox. Well this is about me and Mulder. Stay out of it for now Scully, all right?"

She stands, hands on hips stunned, with her mouth open in shock as Walter continues to hold my arm in a vice-like squeeze. He's practically duck walking me across the room. The pain from his grip is so bad I'm getting weak in the knees. I'm sagging and trying to fight back now, all at the same time. Christ he's gonna break my mutherfucking arm I think in panic. I kick out and miss his leg. My reason is rapidly going out that proverbial window again as well. It's fleeing from the prospect that both my lovers have lost their minds...or I have. I'm beginning to panic too.

"Let me go! Walter, come on. What's wrong? What did I do?"

"Shut up and move," he yells in my ear.

I kick out again and connect. It's only then that I notice his calf is bandaged! What? When my foot connects with his calf muscle he yelps in pain.

"FUCK!" he grates out and kicks towards my legs in a reflex action.

"God, no! Both of you! Stop it now!" Scully hollers vehemently.

Dana is back in action, hurrying towards us now. Walter knocks my feet out from under me. I stumble and he picks me up, grabs the door knob, twists it. Scully is still following us. I can tell she wants to physically restrain Walter. I wish she was large enough to do it successfully. Maybe she wants to restrain both of us, come to think of it. She looks like she's going to hit us even. She's half freaked out, and really livid.

Walter shoves me out the door and across the hall towards the bathroom. The door's open. He throws me through, turns, and before Scully can catch up, shuts the door and locks it in her face. She starts to pound on it, yelling like a banshee.

"Damn it. Open this door! Walter I mean it. Open it or else!"

Walter stands facing the door for a moment. I watch his chest heaving from where I ended up - half sitting on, half falling off, the closed toilet seat. I straighten up and move to sit more squarely. Walter's breathing starts to slow a little. I risk speaking again.

"Happy to see you too, honey." Oh shit. Mulder shut your fucking mouth!

Walter whirls and he's standing in front of me almost before I register his movement at all. As if he read my mind, he bellows, his voice filled with anguish, right into my upturned face.

"Shut your fucking hole!"

Scully falls dead silent outside the door. Ok, that's it. I'm dead.

"Walter..." I whisper. For a split second there's nothing in his eyes. I think...I think this must have been what that VC kid saw, the one with the grenades, just before Walter pulled the trigger and blew his head off. He raises his hand. I see realization come flooding back into his eyes. He shudders and pulls his hand back, spastically. He turns and puts both hands on the sink next to the toilet, bracing his arms. He's breathing hard. Sweat has broken out all over his head.

I find myself terrified, angry, guilty, profoundly sad all at once. I've had just about enough. I speak before I think. Again. Just call me notorious. A notorious imbecile.

"Walter can you just...can't we all just get along..." Go ahead back hand me big guy. I deserve it. I know I'm trying to provoke him to hurt me now. I...I really believe I deserve it.

"Mulder I'm sick of your smart mouth," he replies almost wearily. I see him open his mouth and shut his eyes. He's white. It looks like he's going to puke in the sink. I calm down instantly and my rational mind finally cuts in again. Thank God. At least it's rational enough to try to back track. To query.

"Well all right. I'll shut it if you'll just give me a clue here. I mean what did I do?"

"I'm going to find a key," Scully finally warns from outside the door.

"Shoot the lock off, Scully!" I call imploringly. I hear her tread retreat down the hallway.

"Fuck you, Mulder!" Walter grates out. I wince.

Walter glanced towards the door when Scully spoke. He obviously hears her leave as well. I watch him for a moment as he struggles to control his anger. It's a sight to see him rein it in. Put the cork back in that bottle. I have to admit I admire him for being able to do it. I can't. I'm growing hopping mad again. But I can learn by example I take a deep breath.

"Can you give me some idea what crime I committed AD Skinner?"

Walter sags almost at once. He staggers back. Ends up sitting on the edge of the tub. He bends down and grips his calf, grimacing in pain.

"You kick like a mule, you know that, babe," he looks up. His face is filled with embarrassed sadness. Guilt. But I'm not sure I should go to him. He looks...he looks like he'd rather I keep my distance. What have I... what could I have done to...a dawning realization starts to work it's way into my conscious mind.

I watch him as he examines the bandages. There's blood on them. Oh fuck.

"You want me to check it?" I ask when he looks up again. I incline my head towards his leg. What could he have done to his leg? God.

"No," he whispers and then lapses into brooding silence, looking down again.

Oh just fucking fine. And this is the guy who wanted to talk more than anything a minute ago? Shit on a shingle. Well, somebody had better speak up here. Here goes nothing I think.

"You didn't want me in bed with the two of you?" I ask quietly.

He looks up suddenly and then looks away.

Oh brother.

"Mulder...I..." He just shakes his head and massages his bandaged calf.

"What is it Walter? Please..." I beg finally. I can't stand this.

"Ok, no I didn't...yes I...hell I don't know. I'm beginning to think I don't know anything anymore."

"But...but you and Scully, you must have..."

"Well sure we *must have*. We more than fucking *must have* Mulder! For God's sake."

He looks down at his feet, studying his toes.

"Oh yeah, we *must have* all right. Mother of God did we ever," he mumbles a mixture of awe and disbelief in his voice.

He *is* distraught. Ok, obviously he and Scully had sex. And he...what? Couldn't perform? No, he sounds like he got it up and enjoyed doing it. So, does he think he hurt her or something? Uh, no. She didn't look hurt. She looked like she more than enjoyed it. I don't think he had a performance problem or thinks he hurt her. Au contraire. In fact, it looks as though they both had a wonderful, erotic evening together. Lord, in some perverse way, I almost want to punch him on the arm and go "Atta Boy!" So what gives? He regrets it? Well...not sure. She regrets it? Then why were they still in bed together? No, that can't be it either. God, I'm tired... still tired from Holyoke here. Think. Think, Mulder.

"Walter...uh...I really do think everyone...that everyone has the potential for being bisexual...you..."

"Mulder I don't want to hear the psycho babble right now, all right?"

"All right fine. Just open the fucking door and I'll leave. Will that suit you? I'll go get dressed, get back in my car and blow this Popsicle stand."

He looks back up into my face. He looks at me with a mixture of shock, rapidly fading anger and quizzical chagrin. He zeroes in on my crotch. He swallows and looks back up at my face. It's just occurring to him that I'm naked. I've lost my erection but I'm as naked as a jay bird sitting here. And so is he. I rub my arm where he was holding me. I massage it almost without thinking. I see his eyes flick over to my arm immediately.

"Oh, babe," he whispers, "I...shit I didn't mean to...are you ok?" he asks dismally.

I ignore the question and get up, crossing to him. I sit down gently on the rim of the tub and stroke his scalp. I don't know what to say. But I do manage something - it feels so piss poor too. But it's all I can get out.

"I'm fine, Walter. I...I didn't mean to either."

"Mulder why didn't you mention the menage idea to me? I mean, how could you not say something to me about...about something so fundamentally important to you. Scully...Scully said you talked about it with her a lot."

I sigh and lower my hand. I did talk to Scully about it. I've known her intimately longer than I've known Walter, ok? I just felt more...I don't know. I felt more comfortable discussing it with her I suppose. Besides I didn't think Walter would want to know. I didn't have the confidence that Walter was ready to handle the idea. That he would ever be able to handle it or want it. Maybe I was wrong in that assumption. At least about the wanting to know about it part.

"Walter, I'm sorry. I just didn't think you'd want it. I didn't think you'd be comfortable with the idea."

"Well I'm not comfortable with it by a long shot. But...I mean my God, why couldn't you have said something? Anything? I feel like I don't know you at all Fox. That you're not...not the man I fell in love with at all."

"Oh God, Walter," I whisper, "I..." It's cost him so much to say something like that. To show that vulnerability. He can barely look at me now. I'm dying inside. Then he turns to me again.

He looks into my eyes and there are tears in his. Oh Christ. I...I've hurt him so much. I move to stroke the fringe of hair on his head. My hand gently strokes the back of his neck too.

"Fox. I love you. I...I don't...it's very hard for me to admit I don't have a clue as to what to do in a situation. In this situation. I feel like you pressured Scully into doing something...into approaching me last night, and then I feel completely at a loss as to why I made love with her. What the hell could she see in me, I mean? And how could I even want a woman again? Christ." he adds moving his head away from my hand.

I look into his face and the tears are welling up in my eyes now too. Walter blunders on. He wants to get it all out now - before Scully comes back I think.

"Mulder I resented being put in this position. I resented you putting both Scully and me in this position. I...I hated you in that moment. And...I'd rather die than hate you," he finishes quietly.

I take him in my arms and pull him close. He's really tearing up now. Struggling against shedding the tears though. I've only seen him cry a few times. It upsets me deeply. It upsets him too on a lot of levels. He's still concerned with his manly demeanor. Appearances. But I know he knows seeing him cry hurts me too. I rock him. As I rock I glance down. The bandage on his leg is saturated with blood.

"Oh God," I breathe out. Just as I do, I hear the key in the door's lock. Thank God. Scully!

Scully opens the door quickly and comes barreling in. She stops on a dime when she sees me holding Walter. I look up, stricken, into her face. Somewhere along the line in locating the key she also seems to have located her bathrobe. For a split second my breath catches in my throat. She looks exquisite. On the heals of that thought comes another. Mulder, you're a swine and you don't deserve either one of them. I feel tears falling down my cheeks.

"His leg..." I mumble.

"God! The two of you...you're...you're such idiots!" she hisses in anger. Then it's Doctor Scully in charge.

"Mulder, go out to the living room. Is the couch still open as a bed?"

"No."

"Oh."

Dennis and Phil must have closed it up." Walter grunts.

"Fine. Whatever. Look, my medical bag is out there somewhere. Get it."

I go at a dead run. When I return she's kneeling by Walter's leg. Walter has a towel tied around his waist. Scully has his calf unbandaged and is looking at it closely. Ugh. It looks painful. I place the medical bag at her feet.

Walter looks up and sees the expression on my face.

"I've been worse," he grumbles.

Some of the old Walter is coming back. Scully had to have noticed he was in tears. He's trying to macho himself over it. Oh man. Well, that's his way. Fine. We'd better concentrate on his leg. But we're going to have to talk about all this soon. It's not going to be easy. Scully is blustering just as well.

"Oh sure! Well I don't care. You've popped six stitches here, Walter. I'm going to need to suture them back up. So shut up and sit still."

Walter just looks at her. His eyebrows are practically on top of his head.

"Better listen to her, Walter. That's the *meet Mr. Smith and Wesson* voice."

Scully turns on me and snaps, "Fox...shut the hell up. Go put some clothes on. Your willie is waving in the wind."

Walter guffaws loudly then. I don't know what to say. Better to stay mum like a mime. I exit the bathroom, ears reddening and go back to the bedroom to don my clothes.

When I return, fully and modestly attired except for my shoes and socks, Scully is threading a needle with suture. I smell the bitter smell of disinfectant. The sink has alcohol and what looks like Betadine in the bottom and a pair of scissors are lying in it. Walter's leg has been swabbed in the same mixture. Oh joy! Oh wonder! Oh Walter. Oh...Whoa.

"Mulder if you're going to pass out on me get the hell out," she glares at me.

"Hey..." I protest.

"All right then. Just sit over on the toilet and keep quiet. Hand me those scissors when I ask for them."

"Right doc," I nod, taking my seat on the throne.

Scully turns to Walter.

"Now, *you're* not going to pass out on me are you? I don't have anything to numb this with. Uh...normally I don't need any lidocaine," she adds sheepishly, grinning a bit.

"Get real, Scully," Walter growls.

He's snarling but I can see something in his face. A...a softening. There's almost the start of a grin at the corner of his mouth. I smile inwardly. Ok big man. She's charmed you too hasn't she? My angel. His angel now too, I think, with almost certainty. He...he just has to get used to the idea. I think...I think just maybe I can see the light here. I hope. I watch as Scully flushes and looks down at his calf. Ah ha! Feelings mutual. Ok. This does have hope after all. I watch as she begins her task.

"Ok. Ready or not..." she advises. Walter braces both his hands on the tub rim as she sticks the needle into his flesh. He doesn't even flinch as she starts to make the stitch. He looks directly into my eyes. It's as if he's saying. See Mulder I am a man. This is what it means to be a man. You take it. You endure. I just look down and shake my head. God we really are going to have to talk about everything aren't we? When I look back up he's studying the top of Scully's head.

"How did you get this one?" I ask quietly. He looks at me again and I gesture towards his leg once more.

"Fell on a beach rock."

"After dancing around in the surf with Dennis, Phil and me," Scully grins a little again as she sews. Walter flinches for the first time. But it isn't from pain.

"Don't move," Scully advises, biting on her lower lip.

"Then don't go there," he grunts.

I decide to change the subject. For now.

"Where are Dennis and Phil by the way?"

"The gallery in Bangor that handles their work was burning down this morning. They had to go up there," Walter states in his best AD voice.

"Oh my God!" I exclaim in shock.

"It's terrible," Scully nods, pulling the suture through the last stitch.

"No shit. Did you offer our help?"

"Scully and mine," Walter states. Well yeah, he wasn't expecting me here. NO shit.

"Well ditto for me."

"Good deal," Walter nods. He's beginning to look a little better despite Scully's acting as seamstress while we talk.

I nod and he smiles just a little at me. My eyes are glued to his mouth. God, he looks so good. I notice he's about to speak again so I look into his eyes.

"They hoped to get back before we had to leave. In any event. The house is ours for the duration," he adds as Scully turns towards me.

"Mulder, hand me the scissors now," she asks quietly. I comply and she cuts the suture at the end, tying it off as well.

"There you go Walter," she advises, giving his knee a pat. She gets up, stands back and folds her arms considering her work.

Walter looks down.

"Not a bad job," he replies.

"Well none of my patients ever complains," Scully deadpans.

Walter and I both laugh. Then we all stop and stare at each other. The silence is heavy between us. Finally Scully breaks up the dead air.

"Listen, it's past lunch. Do you want something to eat?" she asks.

"Actually, uh...if you both don't mind I'd like to lie down again just for a...for a bit," Walter asks, looking away from us.

"No problem," I hasten to add. Procrastination thy name is Walter. And Mulder. I suddenly feel like I want to avoid talking about anything heavy for as long as possible. Scully looks like she feels the same.

"I could make you a sandwich when you get up," she offers.

He brightens a little.

"Lunch a la Scully."

She smiles at him.

"I did offer,"

"You did," he nods, "Yeah, I'd like a sandwich later," he adds.

"Ok, well, then, why don't you let us help you back to bed."

"Wait. Let me just dress your leg again. I have some sterile bandages in here," Scully offers, digging into her medical bag again. She places her sutures thread, and needle away. The scissors stay out. Then she pulls out some sterile gauze pads and regular gauze bandage too.

Walter's leg is wrapped again in short order. The scissors go back in the bag, and the bag goes on the vanity. We move to either side of Walter, and he stands up without much difficulty.

"Can you walk?" I ask him.

"Sure," he nods, letting his leg take his full weight. Remarkably he is able to walk with little trouble. We pace him though, just in case. Finally he makes the short trip from the can to the bed. He snags his BVDs from the chair and slips them on under the towel. The towel comes off and goes over the chair. He finally lies down and stretches out on the bed, on top of the covers.

"Would you like some Tylenol?" Scully asks as we're getting ready to leave him to his rest.

"The Darvon the ER intern gave me is over on the dresser," he indicates with his head.

Scully goes and gets the bottle of pills. I go back over to the can and fill one of the little disposable paper cups with water. When I return Scully is sitting on the edge of the bed talking quietly to Walter. They stop talking. Ok I can guess what the topic of conversation was. Well, I can wait. Maybe right now isn't the time for a group discussion. Walter all ready has one Darvon in his left palm. I give him the little cup and he pops the pill and upends the water.

"Get some rest," I advise, smiling at him gently.

"Yeah. Later," he lets out a long breath.

Walter places the little cup on the night stand. There are two tall empty glasses there. I remember my lemonade in the living room and look at Scully. She shrugs slightly, picks up the glasses, and gets up from the bed. I turn to leave and she follows close behind. Just before we reach the bedroom door she turns back towards the bed.

"Ham and Swiss on rye?" she asks.

Walter is already turned over on his side. He's curling up to get comfortable. Boy talk about a big baby boy. Whoa mama.

"Nah, I'll live dangerously," he mumbles, "Hard salami and provolone. On Italian bread."

"Lucky I brought the Pepcid AC," I chuckle.

"Brat," he murmurs, as his eyes start to sag shut.

"Come on, let's go," Scully whispers, touching my arm with one of the glasses. I nod and we exit the bedroom, shutting the door behind us.

xXx

Scully and I retreat to the kitchen after I go back in the living room to get the tepid glass of lemonade I left in there. We prepare our sandwiches. As we work we make idle chatter about the relative merits of ham and Swiss versus hard salami and provolone. Crusts on the bread of crusts off. P&J sandwiches when we were kids. Just inane avoidance chatter.

I get a fresh glass of lemonade for Scully. In a waste not, want not gesture, I fill my tepid glass up with ice. It overflows and I end up dumping it anyway and pouring myself another. Scully grins at my discomfort and I share the joke.

Finally, ham and Swiss cheese sandwiches, chips and kosher dill pickles at the ready we admire our cuisine and amateur culinary skill.

"So, you want to take this out on the deck?" she asks.

"Wow, it's done?" I answer. Gee, can I sound any more like Donny Osmond? Shit. Scully doesn't seem to notice the clumsiness of my boyish enthusiasm - and if she does, it pleases her evidently, because she smiles wide. Ok, I really did mean it as a compliment. The enthusiasm I mean.

"Yes! It's great, come on, I'll show you."

We make our way out the back door. It's still a wonderfully warm, sunny day. The weeks worth of good weather is still holding. The deck *is* fantastic. Tight and expertly constructed.

I whistle, "Very impressive," I offer.

"Thank you," she replies, "we still need to stain it. You can help if you'd like," she adds, placing her plate down on the small square patio table that is so far, with it's four chairs, the only furniture on the deck.

"So you really helped to build this?" I ask, doubly impressed.

"Of course. The Scully's always pull our weight."

"Well, I *am* impressed. Really. This is very well done." I nod, taking my seat at the table. I put my plate down and Scully sits down across from me.

"Sure, I'd love to help stain it," I add, popping a chip into my mouth.

"Thank you again," she smiles shyly.

For a moment we both sit and stare at each other. Seems like I've been doing a lot of that just lately. Her eyes are calm. She seems...suddenly serene. I decide maybe I could...should broach...

"Scully..." I begin, taking the plunge.

After 6 years we know each other so well. We can do that mind reading schtick to perfection. We have a sixth sense, Scully and I. It's definitely a six sense a duex.

"Mulder, I think...I think out of respect for Walter we should wait to talk about issues until he wakes up."

"Is that what he was telling you upstairs earlier?" I ask, a note of annoyance in my voice, "that out of respect for *me*, we should..."

"As a matter of fact, yes," she interrupts, gazing at me directly, seriously, defiantly.

"Oh," I reply dumbly. Shit. I should have known. The big softy. He's a gentleman to the core, my Walter.

"Ok. of course, you're right." I nod. I reach over and taking her hand, squeeze it gently.

"So, what do you want to talk about, Dana?" I whisper.

"Well, you can tell me about Holyoke. If you'd like..." she replies. I can see it in her face. The other part of that suggestion. You can tell me if you want to unburden yourself. Lay it on my shoulders so I can help. Heal you. Support you. Make you feel human again.

"Thanks Scully," I smile into her eyes. I know I'm truly blessed in that instant. Touched by Lady Luck for sure.

"No problem. So, how did you like working with Rita Manconen?"

I start to tell her and a profound weight is lifted off my body with every syllable I utter.

Later...

Lunch long over, Scully and I are enjoying some coffee in the living room. We're seated on the couch, listening to a jazz CD turned down low. We had been necking a little earlier. Nothing too heavy. Just touching and kissing. Then coffee called. Well, we both like our brew.

I have to laugh. Scully was telling me about how Walter cut his calf on the rock. I mean it was horrible - but the back story is still pretty funny. What led up to the romp in the surf. I can tell from the way she's talking about him that something really profound occurred between them over the last week. Respect. Friendship. Attraction. Maybe even love. It's not important really. She seems very happy about it. And that makes me happy as well.

"I'm not going to let him forget he won that Karaoke contest."

She giggles, "Phil has been so bad about it. I mean he did lose the bet and he's determined to never let Walter forget how drunk he needed to be before he'd get up on that stage."

"He really belted out the ZZTop hey?"

"He sounded just like...what's his name?"

"Billy Gibson? Dusty Hill?"

"Whoever. He was good, Mulder."

I laugh, "Yeah, he's got pipes. He does Hendrix really well too."

"That's what Dennis said," she nods putting her coffee down. I do the same and she moves close.

"I like Dennis and Phil," she adds, toying with the chest hair that's sticking out of my now open Haggar shirt.

"Yeah, they're great guys. God, that was a tough break with the gallery."

"No kidding," she nods, "We really will have to see if there's anything we can do to help."

"Oh yeah, no question," I nod too. I snake an arm around her and pull her close to my chest. She looks up and we kiss again. Gently and easily.

When we break apart, she pushes away a little.

"Hmm?" I ask, worried for a moment.

"No, it's ok. I want to go check on Walter."

"Oh yeah, hey, we should wake him up. Let me get him a cup of coffee and we can both take it in."

Maybe she's ready to talk. I think I am too. What the hell. Coffee, Scully and me. It'll smooth the way with Walter maybe.

I go to the kitchen and retrieving a large mug fill it full with rich, black Sumatran coffee. Scully and I make the journey to the guest bedroom and carefully open the door. After we enter, we both stand there for a moment taking in the sleeping form of Walter S. Skinner in all it's glory. Man oh man. I sigh a little and Scully looks over at me.

"I know what you mean," she giggles just a bit.

I smile.

"So...uh...it was good last night, hey?" I whisper at her shyly. God I am kind of embarrassed too I guess. Well...maybe only a little.

Scully turns red, and it's my turn to giggle.

"God you can be such a bitch," she hisses.

"Well..."

"Mulder he was very sweet. And yes, it was wonderful."

"Really?"

"Yes, really. If he's gay, I mean if he thinks he prefers men - and I could care less about that anyway - he's not lacking in talent as a lover for me. He was just fine. Great. It...it was a lot of fun."

"Good," I nod with decisiveness.

"Oh I figured *you* wouldn't mind," she replies with a raised eyebrow.

"I guess we need to talk about all this don't we?" I reply wincing.

"All in good time. Now let's go wake him up before his coffee is cold," she nods at the cup.

"Good point," I agree. Besides that, the cup is starting to feel uncomfortably hot in my hand.

We both walk over and I place the cup on the night stand.

"You want to do the honors," I whisper.

"No, you can. By all means..." she smirks.

Oh yeah right. I'll be the one to get the fist in the chops when he's startled awake. I sit down carefully on the edge of the bed. Walter is still curled up on his side in a tight ball, his back to us. I reach over and tentatively stroke his hip. Scully stands next to me.

"Rise and shine, handsome," I coo in my best soothing voice. Scully giggles a little again and I shoot her a dirty look. She holds her hand over her mouth to stifle it. Surprisingly Walter doesn't jerk bolt upright or come up swinging. Instead he rolls over and smiles dreamily. Oh Lord. That is some...oh man.

He opens his eyes and looks into my face. His smile grows wolfish, and he reaches for me.

"I was having such a *good* dream, babe," he replies still half asleep. When he rolls completely over it's obvious just how good a dream. Yup. His briefs are jutting out from the very respectable erection underneath their cotton confines. Yum!

I hear Scully's sharp intake of breath behind me. Walter's practically pawing me and then it dawns on him where he is and that we're not alone.

"Jesus Christ," he blurts out.

"We brought you coffee, Walter," Scully interjects. And then she can't hold it back any longer. She starts to laugh and she's shaking with it. Great gusts of shaking laughter well up from deep inside her somewhere and she just hoots. I can't help it, I start to join in. And then after a few seconds of looking at us both in amazement, so does Walter.

I throw myself at him and start to tickle him. He's whooping, and trying to cover up and then he's tickling back and I'm practically shrieking with breathless glee. Scully leans over.

"Hey, hey, hey! Watch his leg, Mulder," she advises, ever the doctor. Suddenly one of my flailing legs slams into her and with an oomph, she's on top of us. We all land in a heap, laughing and rolling. Breathless and tickling and then...and then we realize what's going on. Scully is knocked off suddenly. Walter and I are entangled. His hard on hot against my stomach. I'm half hard as well. He stops and looks in my face. He glances at Scully, and then he starts to pull away.

"I'll...I'll leave you two alone," he murmurs, trying to move across the bed. Scully has landed off to the side on her back, gasping for air. I have Walter's wrist and he can't slide over any further. I pin his eyes.

"Don't," is all I say.

Scully rolls and props herself up on an elbow on her side. Both of us watch Walter. I can see the doubt and yes, the fear in his face...and the wanting too. I look over at Scully as Walter stares down at my hand like it's a snake he's just seeing in our midst

Scully looks at me. Like I said - six years of partnership, close to three years as lovers. We know what the other is thinking. It's just a given. Her eyes grow soft.

"I'll go. Walter...you...you two need some time to be together."

I release Walter's hand. He lies flat on the bed and places an arm over his face.

You can practically cut the air of anticipation in the room with a knife. I can smell...I can smell it too. The air. It smells like...like musk. Sex musk. Oh God...oh...

"I don't want either of you to go," Walter whispers.

Thank you God! I promise to go to mass with Scully. I'll take in that service at the Unitarian Church I've been promising Walter for months I'd attend. I'll give Frohike my video collection - well not that James Bond movies - Walter likes those too much. Or the Abbott and Costello that Scully likes so much too. I'll...I'll. I'll promise to see a shrink after all this. Anything. Just so I can have this. Just so I can feel whole and alive.

"All right, lover," I whisper. I look at Scully again. She's having her own moment of...well not doubt. Nervousness.

"It'll be all right," I mouth at her. She moves close to me. While Walter is still lying there I nuzzle her ear and whisper into it.

"Neither one of us will touch you if you don't want it, Dana. I mean that."

She nods in affirmation, but she looks directly into my face, a look of grave concern on her face.

"This is ok for now, Mulder. But later? We all have to talk later."

"No problem," I whisper.

I draw her face to mine and ask with my eyes, to kiss her. She opens her mouth and I do, tasting her for several seconds.

"I want you..." she whispers when we break the kiss.

"I love you," I reply, stroking her hair. "and I want and need you so much."

When we look over, Walter is watching us. Scully turns briefly and looks at me. I whisper in her ear again as Walter re-covers his face. He's breathing deeply and steadily trying to regain some control. Some calm. But while his face was uncovered I saw the look of desire, want and lust there. Oh yeah, he's hot for it. He's just overcome with the idea of the whole thing. Well, over the next few minutes I think I know what we need to do. Scully, welcome to Wally World I think. As if reading my mind again, she bends close to my ear.

"This should be about him."

"That's my girl," I smile. She gives a quick tweak to my ribs. Lucky the one rib is doing better.

"Just...go slow. Uh, I'll take the lead. Cuddle him or something. I...I think he could use a hug right now."

She nods and moves over towards Walter. When he feels the bed shift he uncovers his face again and watches Scully as she shifts towards him. His eyes are as big as saucers. His mouth tense. Oh man. He still looks like a stallion ready to bolt. Scully blocks his view of me and then she sits up straight and removes her robe. I can hear Walter's little hiss of breath. Ok, good girl. Here we go for sure. The robe is flung over onto the floor. I get a view of her gloriously naked back and her shapely ass.

She leans over and whispers something in his ear. I just catch the word bunny at the end and I suppress a grin. Ok, so he told her my nickname for him. He gives a gruff chuckle and then I'm treated to a sight I've wanted to see for a very, very long time. Walter Skinner taking Dana Scully into his arms and kissing her passionately on the mouth. I can't help it. A moan escapes my lips. I bite it back. Both parties are into the moment however and they miss the sound. Good. I was afraid they might get distracted.

Scully breaks the kiss and moves back against the headboard a little.

"Walter, I'd...I'd like to hold you. Is that ok?" she asks quietly. Her face is flushed. I know she's aroused. Her nipples are taunt little nubs. My cock twitches. I'm getting harder. Oh baby this is too good. My heart fills with love for them both.

"Yeah, it's ok" Walter whispers. Scully pats her lap and Walter rolls over and places his head in it. He's staring up at her, backwards, into her eyes. And he's smiling. It's a beatific picture really. My two lovers, comforting and being comforted. Just like they both comfort me.

"Shut your eyes, Walter. I'm going to rub your temples a little," Scully smiles down on him.

He nods and complies. Scully starts to run her hands over his whole head at first. Kneading, gentling, relaxing him. Then she stops at his temples and begins to work in earnest. I can practically see the tension leaving Walter's body. As she's giving him the mini massage, I strip. All my clothes end up on the floor somewhere. Scully looks up and smiles at me. I smile back and stroke my cock and balls for her. She rolls her eyes at me and goes back to paying attention to Walter. She's such a sweetie.

"Is this good?" Scully asks Walter quietly.

"Wonderful," he sighs, his eyes still shut. She looks up at me and at her little grin and head nod, I go into action. I move forward and sit next to Walter. I touch his stomach. His eyes shoot open.

"It's ok buddy. I'm...I'm going to give you a nice rub down. You...you're still tense."

"I'm hard, not tense, Mulder," He chuckles glancing at the tremendous bulge in his briefs, "Scully has more than successfully *untensed* me," he nods up at her with a grin. His deep brown eyes are full of lust and good humor as well. He *is* relaxed now. More confident. Oh yeah. The AD is ready to par-tay. Hallelujah.

"You bastard," I laugh.

"Brat," he growls. Scully giggles and it makes Walter's head jiggle in her lap.

Walter and I lock eyes.

"Come here, babe," he purrs. Oh God. I love that big jungle cat imitation of his.

I move over him, straddling his hips above his erection. I can feel his erection where it presses against the crack between my butt cheeks. I start to touch and stroke his face where he lies. If I get really lucky, maybe Scully's gonna let me work with her as well. But for now, this is about Walter. We want to do this for him, with him if all goes well. But...this is good enough, more than fine for now.

I bend and kiss him deeply. Our tongues dance together and both of us whine against each others lips. The vibration sends shots of pure electric sex into my groin. I break away from him and begin to kiss and lave his face and then I start to move down onto his neck. I suck on the hickey Scully graced him with earlier. His breathing is starting to pick up. He shuts his eyes and moans. I glance up at Scully. She's staring, wide eyed, but fascinated. I swoop up and give her a quick peck on the lips. I feel her smile around my mouth as I pull back and renew my attentions on Walter's glorious body.

I'm nipping and sucking at his muscular neck just the way he likes it. His hand comes up to stroke my hair. I catch a glimpse of Scully stroking his head again. She's petting him like a cat and he snuggles against her and opening his eyes, smiles up at her. She bends over, her hair framing his face. She kisses him again and his mouth opens wide for her, taking in her tongue with obvious relish.

As she French kisses him I go to work over his chest and nipples and he's starting to grunt and move his hips on the bed. I can never get enough of this man's magnificent, hard pecs. God damn he's a statue. He and Scully have broken apart once more because both of them are having just a little trouble getting their breath. Scully straightens up and Walter looks down at me where I'm sucking on his left nipple. He smiles with love in his eyes and ruffles my hair. I see him shift a bit and I notice Scully working one hand under his head and down into her lap. Ah ha. Ok. So, La Scully is hot too. Good deal. I smile wickedly at her and she raises an eyebrow, daring me to say a word.

Walter must feel her starting to stoke herself because he looks back and up at her. She's shut her eyes so she can savor the moment.

"Open your eyes..." he whispers in entreaty, "you're so beautiful." And she does, and he smiles again.

I move lower on his body then, working his briefs down as I go. He looks back down at me, helping me, wriggling as I pull. Scully gasps as his head moves sensuously in her lap. He gazes up at her again and smiles, his face almost a rictus of pleasure

"Feels good, doesn't it?" he growls the rhetorical question, his voice heavy with passion.

Scully looks at him, slightly unfocused and gives him a nod, and dazed smile.

"So does this," I smirk, tossing his briefs over the side of the bed. He gives out a surprised and pleased shout as I take his cock in my mouth.

"Damn!" He laughs as I work him slowly. "Oh damn babe, Oh man I missed this," he rumbles. His hands entwine in my hair. I'm endeavoring to do him just the way he likes it. Deep, and slow and round the world at the end until his dick is weeping for me.

I look up and see Scully watching again. She's got a slow rhythm going on her own flesh. I can see the circular motion and it turns me up even higher. I can hear it...the wet slicks sounds. Christ I can practically feel it in Walter's dick when she puts her fingers inside. Oh God. I have to shut my eyes for a minute so I don't lose my train of thought here.

Walter is rocking up into my face now as I deep throat him. He rocks his head in Dana's lap. Every movement of his head is helping her to finger fuck herself. She's moaning softly and so is Walter. The he's mumbling as I suck hard.

"Do it, baby. Do it. Do it," he gasps over and over. I don't know which baby he's referring too and I realize with genuine joy and delight - I don't really care and neither, at last, does he. No, he's into the game now. Full throttle For all four quarters and overtime if necessary.

When I look up to see what he's saying and doing again, Scully has her head thrown back against the headboard. Oh what an incredible vision. She's so close. Her head and chest are blushing. Tiny, perfect freckles spreading all over her tits. I let go of Walter's cock and he gasps. I sit up and he opens his eyes, looking at me in temporary confusion. I just nod towards Scully and he looks up at her just as she comes.

"Oh Jesus," he whispers, breathing hard. "Oh God,"

"One of God's angels," I reply, watching as she opens her mouth in a silent scream.

"No ssshit," Walter stutters, "Hold her, man," he adds, regaining more even breathing. I shift up and gather Scully close, hugging her as she trembles. My cock 's practically right up Walter's nose. I can feel him take the tip in his lips.

"Oh lover..." I sigh as he starts to flick and suck on the glans.

Scully comes back to herself and looks into my face. She smiles and glances down, then back up. She watches my reactions as Walter sucks my cock.

"Is it good?" she purrs, brushing my sweaty bangs out of my eyes.

"Oh God, yeah," I husk out.

"I bet this is even better," she croons, stretching her wet hand down between my legs.

Oh Lord God, I'm gonna die. She takes my balls in her delicate hand and starts to pull and stroke them. I can feel her inner juices coating the downy sac hair. She's good at this. It feels incredible. Walter is still licking at me and Scully kisses me on the lips. Then I can feel the most incredible sensation of Walter's gruff chuckle as it vibrates over my penis.

"GGGGod you two!" I groan loudly

Walter lets go of my cock and holds my hips while I writhe on Scully's hand. She switches to teasing and stroking my cock at that point. Taking over the work. Walter strokes my hips and than my ass with sure, but gentle caresses.

"You wanna come babe?" he growls.

"N...N....No, not yet," I cry hoarsely.

"Hold up," he advises Scully and she does, removing her hand. I feel her wipe her hand on the bed sheets. Christ. I thought this was supposed to be about Walter? I can't believe they were both into getting me off. God they are *so* good.

All three of us are gasping, sweaty and shaking.

I move back, away from Scully to straddle Walter's hips. I mouth the words *thank you* at her. She smiles. Walter looks up and strokes her right tit, fingering her nipple.

Walter is hugely erect now. So am I. Walter must read my mind, the question that's been on it.

"You're so wet," he growls up at Scully. She bends down and kisses him again. This time when she releases him, he looks at me and raises an eyebrow. I'm not sure what he's thinking but right at the moment, anything is fine as long as it's ok with both of them. I smile and shrug. He looks up at Scully.

"I want to taste you," he murmurs. She giggles a little and he laughs. She nods and bites her lower lip. I lick mine and smile again. Oh yeah. Thank you Walter. My big bed buddy arches his hips signaling that he wants me to move off. I scoot down and off to the side a little so he can roll over. His face ends up right in Scully's lap. She gives a little yelp and then she's laughing for a minute and then groaning.

Oh baby this is so hot. She's stroking his bald head as Walter goes down on her. He's all business. I can see his head bobbing and hear the wet sucking and lapping noises as he laves her. Scully looks up at last and right at me. She's really pulling on that bottom lip. Her eyes are heavy lidded with pleasure. She nods and purrs her encouragement.

"Oh God, Walter. Yesss."

I can see him masturbating himself on the bed and that's it for me. As Scully watches me, dazed, I move forward and lay one hand on his ass. I take my cock in my hand and start to pump it with slow, even strokes.

"Oh Lord, Fffox," she gasps as I put on my very special show just for her. She loves to see me jerk myself off. It's even more of a turn on for her. Soon she's bucking, and rolling her hips, and Walter has levered up to add his hand to the equation. I've moved off again and stopped jerking it just long enough to watch him bring her release. She screams this time. Her orgasm causes her to arch her back like a bow. Walter sits up and holds her, his fingers still inside working her G-spot as she jerks against him.

"Ride it, baby. Ride it," he murmurs into her hair.

"Beautiful..." I groan.

"You know it. God, she's some fine ride too," he blurts out. His voice is rough, but reverent.

"Oh man. I want...I...God she's so...I love her..." I whimper incoherently. I can't take my eyes off Scully. In that moment she's the most exquisite rare jewel in the world. My heart is almost bursting with the love I feel for her. I know tears are leaking down my face. I want to be with her, in her, joined to her so badly I can taste it. Walter is watching my face closely and a soft, gentle understanding passes across his eyes.

He tenderly eases her back against the headboard while she pants and starts to come back to herself. He releases her and scoots over. He takes me in his embrace. Placing his face against mine he kisses my ear. I can feel his rough unshaved jaw prickling my cheek. My breath is chuffing out, harsh and fast.

"I love you Fox," he whispers. And then he kisses my mouth. Jesus I can taste Scully on his tongue. I can taste him too. I can...I can....I can die happy now. Thank you. Oh...oh....

"Oh God, Walter I love you so much. I love you both so much," I moan as he draws back from my lips. A wet string of saliva stretches between us. He licks it away. I moan again. He's still very close. He moves his mouth to my ear.

"Go to her," he whispers.

"Whhhaat?" I ask choking with passion and tears.

"She wants you. You need each other. Go to her. It's all right," he breathes against me. I'm shaking as he releases me and moves back. Without looking at either of us, he levers his magnificent form over and off the bed. He snags his glasses off the night stand and his own robe off a nearby chair. Before I realize it he's at the bedroom door, and through it, shutting it quietly behind him.

"Mulder?" I hear Scully whisper, her voice trembling from her orgasm.

"Scully," I whimper looking back into her face.

"Here," she smiles gently, flushed, her arms outstretched.

Magnetic. She's like a divine magnet for me. I slide forward into her arms.

I bury my face in her soft, luscious breasts. I'm crying and moaning and almost laughing all at once. I think I've lost my mind for real. At last it's real. It's all so real. It's....

"It's all right," she croons gently, stroking my hair, "it's going to be all right, Fox."

I shift up and take her close, we kiss, and it's like fire. We're all over each other. Tasting, groping, crying out. She sinks down, spreading her legs wide and bringing her knees up. I settle between them and enter her in one quick thrust. She brings her legs up, farther, wrapping them around my waist. She locks her feet in the small of my back and we start to move. Oh God. Deep, wet, tight. She's meeting each pump of my hips in perfect synchronicity. No more talk. No more words. Just gasping and frenzy.

At the end, she bites me on the neck as I come hard into her, screaming her name.

A short time later...

After the loving, Scully holds me for a few moments until our breathing becomes more regular. She murmurs to me. Lover's talk. She strokes the back of my neck.

Finally, I feel her pushing me up.

"You should go to Walter," she advises quietly. I sit up and touch her hair, studying her eyes closely. There is understanding there. Love and compassion. I'm hers. Now, always...forever.

"*We* should go to Walter," I murmur, taking her hand and kissing her palm. We join hands and move off the bed together. We exit the room, naked, proud, unafraid and very much in love. But incomplete. We know that now I think. We need our third. And he needs us.

Before we leave the room I pull the small bottle of Astroglide out of the night stand drawer.

xXx

We find him sitting on the living room sofa. His head is back against the cushions, his eyes closed. He's breathing evenly and at first I think he's asleep. Scully touches my arm and nods in his direction. I step forward.

"Walter?" I whisper.

"I'm sorry, Fox. I...I just needed some...a minute to...to think."

"Hey...uh...that's ok big man. Can...do you want to talk about it?"

He shrugs but doesn't say no. I walk forward, around the end of the couch to stand in front of him. I hold my hands locked behind my back, the Astroglide hidden from sight. I look down. Walter's robe is open. He's still erect. Not as achingly so as before, but hard enough.

"Christ, Walter," I whisper, "you should have taken...should have let us.."

He opens his eyes and looks at me.

"It's just going to take a little getting used to Mulder. I...can you believe it? I think...I mean I think I had stage fright. Me. Christ on a crutch. I speak in front of agents...administrators...well...it's...I...I guess this isn't the same thing, is it?" he muses, stumbling in thought and words. "Jesus, no shit," he adds, shaking his head in self depreciation. He huffs a chuckle. I risk a grin.

"No, it's not quite the same thing," I whisper, looking down into his face. His eyes are soft and somewhat sad behind his glasses. I think he really believes he was intruding in there earlier. He was afraid. Afraid of what? He would displease us? Disappoint us? That we didn't want him? Need him? God.

"I...Mulder, I'm sorry. I'm gonna be ok with this in time I guess. It's just a little much right at the moment. My leg. You showing up. And Scully. God...she's...something else," he looks down and shakes his head again, a tiny amused grin just creasing his mouth.

I glance up at Scully. She's still standing in the doorway. One hand is crossing over her breasts and the other is at her neck. She furrows her brow. I motion with my head for her to stay there. She does, her face composed again, listening...studying us in silent contemplation.

"Walter, it's ok. It...it just happened. You know I...I wanted you both this way very much. But if it feels wrong in any way for you, or for Scully too for that matter. I'll drop it right now. I mean that. You both mean too much to me to hurt you for my own...my own selfish pleasure."

"I appreciate that, Fox," he breathes out. He tilts his head back again and shuts his eyes, "and you mean everything to me."

I move a fraction closer and I can just hear his next whispered words.

"Scully too."

I glance back behind him and see her mouth open in a tiny *oh*. Keen ears, my Scully. She runs the hand that was at her neck over her mouth. When it comes down she has a gentle smile there. I smile at her as well, and return my attention to Walter.

"I think we can talk about it later, Walter," I continue. "Whenever you want. And with Scully too. I mean we can all discuss it. And you take as long as you need. Really. As long as you need.

"Yeah, I'm...yeah. I'm sorry about all of this...really. I just. I don't know. The two of you just looked like you needed each other so much. For a second I felt like a...like a third wheel," he replies, pondering. A far away quality to his voice.

"Never. Never a third wheel, Walter," I whisper. I walk forward and straddle his knees keeping my hands behind my back still. He opens his eyes when my legs touch his thighs.

"Never a third wheel, lover. A third part. The anchor Walter. My anchor. Our anchor," I finish glancing back at Scully. She's nodding.

"Oh God," he hisses. I sit down over his legs, bending forward I kiss him lightly on the lips. He's shaking under me. I let the Astroglide bottle fall to the couch seat and take his head in my hands. We kiss deeply then, slowly, savoring the love between us. I pull back and he hisses a little again.

"Leg bothering you?" I ask in concern, stroking his cheek.

"Third leg," he growls, reaching around to knead my ass. Oh God yeah, I'll say. His cock is tipped up against my stomach - nice and hot, and hard.

"Well maybe we should do something about that," I grin down into his eyes.

"Maybe we all should," he smiles back, "Scully..." he calls to her quietly. I look up just as she laughs a little.

"I guess I can't get over on you, can I *sir*?" she replies, breathlessly.

"Not... right...at the moment, *agent*," Walter grunts as I sit back slightly and fondle his cock and balls.

Scully walks over and stands in back of the couch. She looks down at me and then she steps very close and gathers Walter's head back against her stomach. She takes off his glasses and lets them slide carefully down to join the Astroglide bottle on the cushions. She starts to massage his scalp and temples again. He swallows hard, looking into first her eyes, then mine.

"Oh bbbrother..." he sighs.

Scully and I both chuckle in our throats.

"Oh come on, Walter, you know this is what you've always wanted. Both of us catering to your every whim," Scully purrs, rubbing her hands across his brow and back down to massage his neck as well. His head is lolling on his neck and he has the most charming smile on his face.

"Right," he breathes looking up at me again. I know what he wants. It's my choice too. I want him. I want him in me.

"Walter, I want you to fuck me," I whisper. He tenses for just a fraction of a second until Scully bends over and kisses his forehead. She whispers to him and his whole body relaxes at once.

"Love is love, Walter. It's who you're in love with that counts."

"You're gonna make me eat my words aren't you?" he rumbles up into her downturned face as she pulls back.

"Oh you're going to eat something later, all right" she grins wickedly. Then she falls silent and continues to gentle him. Walter looks up at me fondly where I'm having my own little game with his genitals. I've gotten him up to maximum headroom. Yup, we're ready to insert tab a into slot b all right. Lock and load that gun, Mr. AD.

"You want me to prep you, baby?" he husks, barely able to speak.

"I want you to watch, " I reply, licking my lips.

"Oh yeah," he smiles again and then he falls silent as I reach for the Astroglide.

I uncap the bottle and pour some into my hands. I slick up my fingers and reaching down , I tilt my hips and begin to insert a finger up my ass. I'm loose after my orgasm. I have two fingers in without a problem. Walter takes my hips as I start to finger fuck myself. I angle up to hit my prostate. A loud groan escapes my lips. My cock twitches back to life. I can feel Walter reach down and tip some of the Astroglide into his palm as well. He rubs his hands together and then reaches forward to take my cock. He starts to rub my hardening penis in his hands. He's rubbing it just like a good boyscout trying to build a fire with a stick. Oh God it's gonna flame up all right. Flame on! Oh shit.

"Jesus, that's good," I moan. My eyes are half closed as I insert the third finger rocking up and down on my hand. It's so ffffucking fantastic. What a rush. I just manage to glance at Scully. In the back of my mind I hope she's still with us. She's still there, her eyes huge, but filled with wonder and at last, a real desire to watch. To see the ecstasy we give each other. The joy we share as we make love. It turns me on even more to see that she knows, understands, and wants to join us in the dance. I tip my head back and cry out.

"Oh God, babe. God," Walter moans as he holds my hips again. I reach forward with my free hand and slick up his cock. He helps me, almost frantic now to get himself ready too. Both of us are gasping hard. I take my fingers out of my ass. I raise up and straddle his hips, my butt angled so he can penetrate me.

He guides my hip with one hand and steadies his cock with the other as I lower myself onto him, carefully and slowly. His head is bent as he focuses, watching his cock sink into me. He's panting, his mouth open, really getting into the view. I close my eyes in total concentration for a moment. I want to savor every inch of his hard flesh as I sink down on it. I've placed my hands on the back of the couch now, for support. I'm gripping hard, on either side of Scully's hips. At last I settle down against Walter's balls and flush with his thighs. I open my eyes and look down into his.

"This is the best," I whisper.

"You know it," he breathes more quietly. I shut my eyes. When I do, I feel Scully take my hands. She moves her hands gently up to my elbows, My hands move to grip her arms as well, and when our lower arms are locked together, joined, I open my eyes again and stare into hers.

"I love you," she whispers and I moan, biting my lip as I lift my hips up and then back down into Walter's lap.

"Oh JJJeeeesusGOD!" he cries out as I work myself up and then down. I start to move quickly right away. I'm so desperate to give him this pleasure. I ram myself onto him regardless of the possible pain. And there is pain...but I ride it into joy. I ride hard because Walter's starting to thrash and buck under me. Growling for me to fuck myself. Let him fuck me. Do me. He loves me. There is no pain then. Only unending erotic pleasure. Scully holds my arms, taking my weight, helping to guide my way. Walter holds my hips again steadying me, lifting me up as I pull up, bringing me back down as I sink onto his huge, hot cock.

All of us are making noises, incoherent voices crying out at once, even Scully. I open my eyes and see her holding me, her face bright and sweating. Her mouth open as she gasps. I look down into Walter's face. His eyes are rolling up in his head, and tears are streaming down his face with emotion and shear effort to hold back so we can go on as long as we can.

But I can't. It's too much. Walter's dick is hitting my prostate with practically every stroke. My cock is waving straight out in front of me, leaking pre-cum and my balls feel like they're gonna detonate and blow back through my groin. This is gonna have to be it. Scully senses my desperation and releases my right arm. I reach forward and crank. I yank hard.

My orgasm hits me like a sledgehammer and I know my spine snaps back like the St. Louis arch. I scream gutturally as I feel my entire body convulse. Cum ribbons out all over Walter's stomach and my inner muscles clamp down on his erection like a steel trap. He roars, and he's coming right behind me.

"UHHHHHH" he screams. His head arches back, neck and face muscles pulling almost impossibly taunt. Scully releases my left arm as well and leans against Walter hard to support his head as he bucks, silent now, orgasmic spasms rocking his body.

We're all frozen for a moment in time. White out. Divine fire of the senses. The little death that celebrates life so well. I'm deaf, dumb and blind for several seconds and then there's sound. It's Scully. And she groans.

"Lord!" she exclaims as I fall forward onto Walter's chest. She touches my shoulders as I sag and then switches to holding Walter's shoulders as he shudders and tries to regain his reason.

"M...m....m..." he stutters, "mmph," is all he can get out.

"You can say that again," Scully giggles and then she bends forward and kisses him on his gasping mouth.

"Whoa baby," I just manage to husk out.

"Muther!" Walter grates out at last. A smile claims his face. He looks so... so powerfully handsome and content - just like that great big panther after it's fed.

I start to maneuver off him. He shifts to help. Walter reaches down to steady his rapidly softening penis so I can pull off him. He watches me. My knees are weak.

"You ok?" he asks concerned as I stand straight up and he slides out of me.

"M'ok," I gasp, "just shaky in the knees," I grin. I turn and fall back next to him onto the couch. I'm careful to fall on the side away from his glasses and the bottle of Astroglide. He reaches and pulls me close with one strong arm. Scully bends and kisses the top of his head and then she kisses mine.

"I'll get a couple of wet wash clothes and a towel," she whispers moving back and away.

"Thanks, doc," I crane my neck after her.

I hear her chuckle as she heads to the downstairs bathroom. As soon as she's out of view, Walter takes me by the neck and kisses me again. It takes my breath away. He pulls back and I fight to regain my composure. He looks seriously into my face.

"Roll over and let me check you out," he demands with a gentle cuff to my head. I nod and do as he requests. He tenderly examines me and then gently slaps my ass.

"No damage, monster boy. I was a little worried there buckaroo. You were riding damn hard."

"But you liked it," I turn back and cuddle against him.

He strokes my shoulder.

"I loved it."

Just as we're kissing and nuzzling again, Scully comes back with the damp cloths. I notice she's dried herself off and run a comb through her hair. God she looks great. Naked as the day she was born, and just as fresh.

I realize both Walter and I are ogling her with identical sappy looks of worship on our faces. Wow, what a woman!

We both struggle to stand in her presence - gentlemen that we are suddenly. Well hell yeah, she deserves to have us stand. She's a friggin' Goddess as Walter would say. She starts to laugh at our efforts, however. At the absurdity of two well fucked men trying to come to attention this way for her.

"Can you two stand at all?" she struggles not to break into hysterics. Then she loses the battle, tilts her head back exposing her silken throat and she laughs long and musically.

I do make it to my feet and stretch a hand out to Walter.

"Come on big man, let's show the little lady what manly men we really are. Stand up, come on," I'm laughing like hell as well.

"Speak for yourself, monster boy. I'm fried," he growls sagging back onto the couch. He picks up his glasses and puts them on, shoving them back on his nose pugnaciously. I smile down at him and realize it's probably his leg. Crap. I stop laughing and sit down next to him on the couch. I rub his knee gently to let him know I remember his latest war wound. He smiles at me and puts his big hand over mine.

Scully clears her throat.

"I'll...I'll just let you two men clean up then," she begins. "I need a cold drink," she fans her tits with the towel. Walter and I laugh a little again. "and a shower," she adds.

"Hey, maybe we should all shower!" I reply eagerly and brightly.

"There isn't enough room!" Walter sputters.

"Not down here!" I laugh helplessly, tickling his side.

Scully is standing, her hands on her hips, one eyebrow raised high.

Oh oh. Ok. I can tell she'd like some down time. Some privacy and a few minutes to relax and process the events of the last couple of hours. So would Walter for that matter. I don't want to stop to think right now, though. I know that will come later. We will all have to talk this out. But I think it's going to work. I...I really do. But, right now no more second guessing, or debate and consideration. I just want to bask in the warmth.

"And certainly not all together anyway," I add in haste and she nods with her *you'd better agree with me buster* nod.

"Bastard," Walter rumbles, grinning, grabbing my arms.

I help him up then and we hold onto each other. His leg is obviously sore, the endorphin rush and Darvon combination wearing off at last. He balances his weight heavily on his right leg and just his left toes. I steady him, and then hug him to me.

Scully places the two wash clothes and the towel down on the back of the couch. She walks over and stands very close. Slowly and carefully she moves directly against us and then she's hugging too, hugging us both. We each wrap an arm around her petite form. Gather her close. Tears well up into my eyes as we stand naked, pressed skin to skin. One body, one mind and one heart, beating together. Together at last.

We stand that way for several blissful minutes and then Scully lets go. Both Walter and I let our breath out in a rush.

She moves back. Delight, contentment, and a satisfied look of womanly power combine on her face. Oh yeah. She's got the idea now. I think we're about to find out who the real boss in this triple threat is gonna be. I chuckle inwardly as she steps forward again and slaps us both on the ass. Walter jumps and I bark a quick laugh.

"All right, gentlemen, hit the shower," she commands with a mock stern tone. Coach Dana Scully. Yup - she can coach me anytime! She smiles demurely, but there's more than a hint of mischief in her eyes. "And since I'm feeling very generous - you can both have the manly master shower in the master bathroom upstairs," and with that, as we stand open mouthed, she turns, and saunters off down the hallway. Oh woman, what a view.

As we stand there just staring after her, Scully delivers her parting shot from somewhere near the bathroom.

"Walter, don't get those stitches wet!"

"We're in trouble aren't we?" Walter raises an eyebrow as I look at him with a smirk.

"The best kind," I nod. He smiles wide.

"Come on, Batman, to the bat pole," I giggle.

"Haven't you been there and done that all ready," he half growls, grabbing his equipment for a second. I guffaw and he chuckles hard, taking me around the shoulders with one large, muscular arm. He drapes it across and I support him as he starts to limp towards the stairs.

"Hey, I wonder...I wonder if Scully'll make that sandwich later. My stomach's hitting my fucking backbone," he chuckles again, deeply.

"Well she did say you were going to eat something later," I reply, struggling not to have a total giggle fit.

Walter reaches down and squeezes my butt cheek.

"Somehow, Boy Wonder, I don't think that's what Bat Girl had in mind."

"It's Bat Woman, Walter. And if I were you, I wouldn't *ever* forget it."

"I hear you," Walter nods, his arm over my shoulder again. We both break out in new gusts of laughter as we start to climb the stairs.

xXx

Author's epilogue:

And they lived happily ever after - well ok, this is The X-Files, but you know what I mean. They talked it all out later. All parties concerned agree and everyone is very happy with the relationship. Yup - Walter, Mulder and Scully against the world. Together at last. I hope you all enjoyed it. I found writing the menage scenario a big challenge because quite frankly it isn't an idea I'd entertain in real life. But I like a writing challenge and this one was kind of fun to write anyway. So, readers - this really is the end of the Baton Rouge series. Really. The End. Finite. Finito. Finis. Tttthat's all folks. Thanks for sticking with the series. As Walter might say "It's been some ride."

-THE END-