Line 3: Sage's line of the 'Poem of the Yoroi': The darkest prison sheds the light,

 

 

Name: Seiji Date
Age: 14 or 15 in the series
Birthday: June 9, 1973
Birth Place: Miyagi, Japan
Eyes: Pale Blue
Hair: Blonde
Height: 5'5"
Weight: 127
Blood Type: B
Zodiac Sign: Cancer
Element: Light/Lighting
Kanji Symbol Courtesy (some say Wisdom)
Yoroi Sphere: Green
Armor: Armor of Halo
Armor Summoning Call: Tao Chi
Special Attack Summoning: Thunder Bolt Cut
Weapons: No Dachi Sword(field sword said to look about 6' long.)
Evil Counterpart: Cale of Corruption/Darkness

Seiji's green Armor of Halo gains it's power from the light, any light. His special attack seems to come in the form of a ball of light thrown from the blade of his sword or can remain on the sword as he makes his attack. Seiji is the strongest member of the group spiritually and appears to be able to use his energy to heal with his sword. He may also be empathic. I'll know once I've been able to see more than bits and pieces of the show.

Apparently Seiji's character made a bit of a change between the Original Japanese version Yoroiden Samurai Troopers and Ronin Warriors. In Samurai Troopers Seiji is quite shy around girls, his older sister having teased him unmercifully to the point where he will actually become flustered or panic if they approach him too strongly. In Ronin Warriors he is a ladies man and a flirt. He is considered the pretty boy in both series.

Seiji's father is a policeman and married into the family. Seiji's family owns a Dojo run by his Grandfather who is a very strict, controled person. He started training Seiji in the art of war at a young age. Though it couldn't have been too young because apparently he was also very fragile health wise as child. So much so that the family dressed him and raised him as they would a girl at first. Supposedly because girls are easier to handle though I'm not sure what that has to do with his fragile health. Unless it's supposed to mean he was treated more gently.

He must have a really mean older sister because apparently along with teasing him to the point of emotional damage, she also used him as toy for dressing up. Poor guy. It's not surprising then that when he was a bit older he got rebellious.

To curb the rebellion in Seiji, his Grandfather started him learning the art of the Bonzai and playing the bamboo flute. Through these exercises and other training with his Grandfather in the dojo Seiji learned to be very calm and controled emotionally which sometimes makes him seem cold. But when push comes to shove he can be driven into a blinding rage with the upsurge of emotion he is constantly forcing himself to hold in check.

On one site I found a story behind why Seiji wears his bangs so they completely cover one eye. I can't wait to find out if this really is the case. Apparently as a child Seiji's friend's would actually be afraid to look at him when both eyes were uncovered because his eyes are so pale and piercing. So he began to wear his hair over one eye so that he wouldn't scare his friends. I bet he's supposed to have those eyes that are so pale and so shiny they look like quicksilver. I've been around people with those eyes. It's almost hard to look them in the face, it makes my eyes water.

 

Click on the little Seiji to return to the Ronin Warrior page.