After Midnight

Fandom: Supernatural/X-Files crossover

Category/Rated: NC-17

Year/Length: 2007/~12,200 words

Pairing: John Winchester/Alex Krycek

Disclaimer: No profit was made off this. The characters belong the originators of the X-Files and of Supernatural. Was all in pure fun.

Summary: "It sucks being the low man on the totem pole." Alex said, pulling out the chair John had indicated and taking a seat. "I'd tell em like a shot, but I really get off on what I'm doing. The whole of the F.B.I. runs around chasing bad guys, except for me and my partner." He gave a slightly bewildered laugh and shrugged his shoulders. "We just run around chasing ghosts. What do you think about that?"

Author's Notes: Dedicated to Carla Jane

Beta: Lorelei, for which much thanks. The poor thing worked selflessly to make this better than it was.

hr

After midnight, were gonna let it all hang down.
After midnight, were gonna chug-a-lug and shout.
Were gonna stimulate some action;
Were gonna get some satisfaction.
Were gonna find out what it is all about.
After midnight, were gonna let it all hang down.

Coffee. She actually sent him to get coffee. Like he was some kind of fucking errand boy and not a highly trained F.B.I. agent.

Alex was fuming. He flipped his notebook open, looking down in disgust at all the triple-shot-cinnamon-latte-soymilk crap they'd ordered. God damn it to hell, coffee was supposed to be black, hot and strong, not drizzled with caramel with a fucking whipped cream heart on top. He shook his head. Pretentious assholes. They could have at least given him some money for it.

He was standing in line behind the dark haired man with the unshaven chin, listening to him ordering coffee - straight up, no messing about with the esspressachino fucking grande with the ice cream on the top - and he nodded approvingly. "That's the way to drink it, man. Nothing between you and the caffeine. Good for you."

John Winchester dug into his wallet, pulling out a dog-eared twenty as he ordered his coffee, straight up. He never took anything in it. After a moment's reflection he realized that neither did his boy, Dean. Sammy was too young yet to be drinking it, but Sammy had a sweet tooth, and John could see him becoming one of the mocha latte brigade if he was allowed. He glanced over his shoulder, his eyes quickly sweeping over the stranger.

The man was his height, well built and young. He looked to be in his twenties, with dark hair that was too neatly combed, the part ruler straight. His suit and tie reminded John of insurance agents, or - this being Washington D.C. - the F.B.I. But it was the young man's eyes that had John looking away quickly. They reminded him too much of Dean's. He missed his son terribly. He had been away from his boys for far too long.

He gave the younger man an appraising look. "I don't want anything getting between me and the caffeine," he said, his voice low and rumbling. "I'd get it in an I.V. drip if I could." John tipped the girl behind the counter and took a seat at a nearby table to await his order.

Alex handed the barrista his notebook with a dozen or so drinks listed, reluctantly handing the girl his credit card and frowning at the thought of how much all of this was going to cost. They'd pay him back, every one of them, and that Agent Kazdin would pay double. Strolling over to the man he'd spoken with earlier, he leaned back against the wall. "It's going to take a week and a half to put that lot together. Why they can't just drink coffee I have no idea. Tea, even. That I could deal with, but the freakin' macchiato frappacappaspresso crap just ruins a good cup of joe." Smiling, he offered his hand. "Alex Krycek. Just tell me to go away if I'm boring you."

John's drink was ready, and he went to get it, returning to take his seat again, sipping the hot liquid with a grunt of satisfaction. At Alexs words, he looked up, again checking him out. "They why don't you just order them all coffee? Tell them to take it or go get their own. Bet they won't make you go get it again." John turned back, taking another drink of his coffee. "John," he said at last and motioned for Alex to sit. "Might as well have a seat. It'll take those kids at least 15 minutes to fill that order."

"It sucks being the low man on the totem pole." Alex said, pulling out the chair John had indicated and taking a seat. "I'd tell em like a shot, but I really get off on what I'm doing. The whole of the F.B.I. runs around chasing bad guys, except for me and my partner." He gave a slightly bewildered laugh and shrugged his shoulders. "We just run around chasing ghosts. What do you think about that?"

John looked at Alex over the rim of his cup. F.B.I.. Just like he'd figured. He could spot them a mile away. "F.B.I.? And you and your partner chase ghosts? Sounds like a waste of taxpayer dollars to me. What do you do when you catch one?" He set his cup down and leaned back in his chair. "So, working a big case? Ghosts in the sewers? Skeletons rattling up on Capitol Hill?"

"Nah, not this time." Alex spread his hands. "My partner has a God complex, and he's decided to trade himself for one of the hostages that are being held in..." Alex caught himself. He didn't want the others to tumble to the fact that it was his fault if the siege drew an audience. "Well, not far from here," he finished awkwardly. "I'm about as useful as a spare prick at a wedding. That's why they sent me to get coffee. They don't seem to have much faith in my negotiating techniques."

"They actually let your partner trade himself? Thought they were more cautious than that." John took another sip of his coffee as his mind started working. He'd heard the sirens and seen the police units go by. They were going hell for leather, and there were a lot more of them than would be needed for your average robbery or carjacking. He wondered if it had anything to do with the case he was working. He was on the trail of a man who was possibly possessed and who had reportedly been screaming that he'd been abducted by aliens. Demonic possession was often mistaken for alien abduction, and demons often found it amusing to play along.

"You don't know my partner," Alex sighed. "Regulations don't mean anything to him. Once he makes up his mind to do something, that's it. There's no reasoning with him." He looked at his new acquaintance and smiled ruefully. "You probably think I'm completely out to lunch now, I bet. Ghosts, alien abductionssometimes I feel like I fell down the rabbit hole myself."

John leaned forward, setting his cup down. "Guy sounds like a loose cannon to me. That kind of attitude gets people hurt." John was used to leaving his boys someplace safe for that very reason. He was on a mission to kill the Demon and that made him a danger to anyone around him. He was not going to put his boys, especially Sammy, in harm's way. "Would it surprise you if I said that I don't think you are completely out to lunch? Maybe a little on the alien abductions, but there are things out there, other things that you have to watch out for. Things that are a whole lot worse than aliens could ever be."

"Like what?" Alex smiled, thinking that he wanted to hear what this man had to say. John didn't look like the average conspiracy theorist. There was a battle-weary look about him, a feral glint in his eye that said he'd seen his share of action. Alex was willing to bet that what John knew would turn out to be fact, however outlandish it sounded. "I'd be interested in hearing."

John knew he was going to sound like some kind of religious freak, but if he could guide this guy in the right direction, maybe it would make his job easier. Plus, if the kid's partner was really that much of a renegade, the blame could be placed upon him. Nobody would suspect John's involvement. He leaned forward, his elbows on his knees, hands folded together before him. "Spirits, ghosts, poltergeists. Demons," he said, tilting his head in Alex's direction. "All of those can make a man think he was abducted. Bright lights, loss of movement, levitation, bed shaking. All kinds of things, like eyes turning black. Demons love to lie, love to drag people along for their own entertainment. Of course, it's possible your guy is just whacked." John sat back once again, taking his coffee back in hand and drinking.

"Demons?" Alex's eyes were wide. It was no joke. That much was clear from the look in John's eyes and the tone of his voice, but Alex was still not convinced. "You sound as if you've had personal experience with this sort of thing," he said. He was careful to sound non-committal, hoping to draw John out a little more. "Okay, suppose this guy is actually possessed. What could one do to - what would you call it? - exorcise the demon? It all sounds so strange, but on the other hand, alien abduction is pretty damned strange too."

"I'll believe in aliens when one lands in front of me and says 'take me to your leader'." John took another drink. "There are ways to tell if it's a demon. Saying the word 'Christo', for example. Even when it's only softly whispered, a demon will react. Spirits and ghosts feed off energy, so you'll see lights flickering, get loss of battery power, and if it's a poltergeist, you'll know it. The only thing that will banish a demon is an exorcism, if he didn't bind himself into the poor sap he's wearing. Ghosts don't do possession, don't take over like that, and if you find out who the lost soul is and lay them to rest, give them their last rites or salt and burn the bones, you can pretty much put them away. It depends on what you're dealing with. A wandering spirit, or one that's restless or vengeful, they all require a different approach." He took another drink and put his cup down. The look on Alex's face made him hesitate. He sighed inwardly. It was easy to forget sometimes that most people didn't deal with demons and vengeful spirits on an everyday basis. "I teach," he said simply, by way of explanation. "It requires a lot of research." It wasn't really a lie. After all, he was schooling his boys.

"Wow!" Alex couldn't think of what else to say. "So supposing this guy is really possessed by a demon, you reckon that he will show it if I say 'Christo'?" Alex shuddered. "What will he do? Turn his head round three sixty and vomit pea soup?"

It was only then that John allowed a slight smile to play upon his lips, "It's nothing like the movies, unless you find a demon with a twisted sense of humor. No, a demon will flinch at the name of God. They can't help it. Then their eyes will turn black for a second or two before going back to normal. But once you say it, he'll know he's been discovered, so you've got to be prepared to deal with him right then and there. Demons are not something to play with. Unless you know what you're doing, you want to steer clear of them." John paused for a moment, thinking. "Holy water is another way to tell if you've got a demon messing with you," he continued. "When it touches them, it burns, though the body they inhabit isn't harmed. Thing is, if this thing you're dealing with is a demon, best to let it be and find someone who can deal with it. Demons can jump bodies easily. And like I said before, they lie. A lot. But they can also tell the truth, if they know it will goad you on. They will tell you nearly anything you want to hear, to get you to do what they want."

"Hell, I wonder if this joker is possessed. If he is, then that means Mulder's in trouble, doesn't it?" Alex looked up as the barrista called his name. He leaned forward, digging in his pocket and handing John his card. "Look, my order's ready. I'd better take it back to the unit before it gets cold. I'd like to discuss this some more. Can we meet later, maybe?" He pauses, feeling suddenly awkward. "Maybe I could buy you a drink or something?"

He rose to his feet and smiled, allowing his lashes to drift down over his cheeks. John - if that was really his name - was hot, and it had been a while since Alex had gotten laid. He wished that he wasn't wearing his stupid, ill fitting suit. If he'd been dressed in his jeans and leathers, the guy might have gone for it, but as things stood, he wasn't sure that the man would take his bait. He held his breath as he waited for the answer.

John looked at the extended card, pausing a long time before he reached out and took it. He turned it over in his fingers, then lifted his blue eyes up to the man. Just looking into those eyes made John's insides tighten. They reminded him of Dean, with their deep, bottomless green and the long lashes dipping over them to brush faintly freckled cheeks.

He shoved the card into his jacket pocket, "Maybe," was all he could safely say. He was missing his boys terribly. He missed their company. He had been thinking that he'd best find a hooker soon as well, and the mix of emotions stirred up by his sudden attraction to Alex, and the mans resemblance to Dean, were making him edgy. "Let's see how things go." John got up and started to head for the door, Alex following behind. "Good luck with your partner, Alex."

"Thanks, man. See you later," Alex said. He glanced at his watch. "Shit! I've got to get back there." Alex balanced the tray of coffees carefully and followed John out, nodding his thanks as the other man held the door for him. "Sure wish I could stay and pick your brains, John. You're a mine of information, and besides..." He licked his lips and allowed his lashes to droop again. "I don't get out much these days."

John let the door close, shoving his hands in his pockets. Goddamnit! Why did he have to do that? It wasnt like him to give so much information away, but the young man had been so easy to talk to. He felt his insides twist a little. "I find that hard to believe." He started walking towards the old car parked out front. "Maybe I'll call you, just to see how things went," he said, looking back at Alex before getting in.

Back at the command center, Alex glumly distributed the coffee, making sure each agent paid him his due. Then he retreated into a corner to watch the more experienced agents at work and reflect moodily on the good looking guy with the fierce look in his eye whom he had almost managed to pick up. "Got to get laid," he murmured to himself and frowned ferociously as Mulder and Barry danced their lethal dance.

hr

John sat in his room, listening to his police scanner as it all went down. He heard that Duane Barry had been shot and taken to a hospital. He was sure the guy would be under heavy guard, which would make it harder for him to get in and see if the man was indeed possessed, or if he was just a madman. He flicked the scanner off, grabbing his duffel bag and rifling through it. At last he gave a grunt of satisfaction as he found an FBI badge he'd made up. Reaching into his jacket, he pulled out the card that Alex had given him. He was going to have to use the man, needed his help to get in to see Barry. It wouldn't be the first time he'd used someone, although he wished it wasn't necessary. But he had no choice. There was no other way in. He just hoped Alex would understand when he explained the reasons why.

He tucked the ID away in his pocket and grabbed for his cell phone. He glanced down at Alex's card as he punched in the numbers, then listened to the phone at the other end ring. He wondered if the man would pick up, or if he was busy dealing with what had gone down that day.

Alex, in fact, was furious. He'd spent the day in the State Department library, cross-referencing information for Mulder, who, in his typically arrogant fashion, hadn't told him why. He'd met with his sponsor, endured his filthy cigarette smoke and gave his report to the man who seemed to consider him a mere lackey. Ordinarily, he would be the last to head off and leave a job unfinished, but he'd had enough of Mulder's bullshit for one day.

When the phone rang, he grabbed it, thinking that either Mulder had a lead and was going to share it at last or that he was going to chew his ass for taking off!

"Agent Krycek."

"Agent Krycek, this is John, the man you spoke to at the coffee shop? I'd like to talk to you. Have you got time to meet me?" he asked as he pulled on his jacket and grabbed the keys for the Impala.

Could they meet? Alex pictured the darkly handsome man with the eyes that seemed to know things they shouldn't, and he could feel his dick rising to attention. "Yeah, that'd be great. Where do you want to get together?" He tried not to sound too eager, even as he packed up his research and pushed back his chair.

"Where are you staying?" asked John. "I'll meet you there." There was some risk in all of this, but from the reaction he'd had from the young man earlier, John felt he could bend the man a little bit, especially if he was open-minded enough to work with a partner who believed in aliens. John scribbled Alex's address down on a piece of motel stationery, and then headed out.

He ran through the scenarios in his mind as he drove. He would be laughed at and tossed out. He would be arrested. It was risky, but he had to try. He was just glad his boys were with someone he trusted, Pastor Jim, his friend and teacher.

It took him thirty minutes to get there, but at last he located Alex's building. He parked on a side street, walking the rest of the way. He walked into the lobby, looking around cautiously, then headed for the stairs. He didn't particularly like cities. It was harder to tell when someone was following you. Too many people around sticking their nose into a man's business, and though he could easily blend in, so could the things he hunted. At last he reached Alex's apartment. He glanced up and down the hallway, and then knocked on the door.

Alex had rushed home and changed into jeans and a T-shirt, his leather jacket slung over the back of one of the chairs beside his desk. He'd combed his hair free of the gel he used at work, and was checking his reflection in the mirror when he heard the knock.

He looked good and he knew it. He couldnt help grinning as he opened the door because John looked good too. "Come on in," he said, stepping aside to allow John to enter. "What's up? Ghosts take a night off?"

John kept his head down, raising his eyes to Alex. The man looked good. That stunning smile would have made John catch his breath if it hadn't been for that remark. Did he know something? Had he been checking John out, maybe found out John was a hunter? Was he leading John into a trap? If that was the case, John would snap his neck, no matter how pretty he was.

He leaned in a little, casting a look around inside the place, surveying it for shadows or other movement before he stepped inside. Once Alex closed the door, he moved in a little further but remained standing. "I'm gonna get right to the point. I need to get in and see Duane Barry."

Alex didn't waste time asking John how he knew about Duane Barry. He blinked, but then sat down at his desk and crossed his ankle over his knee. "May I ask why?" he said, softly. "He's not going to be able to tell you anything. He's nuts. He thinks that-" A sudden memory of the conversation they'd had in the coffee shop floated up in Alex's mind, and he leaned forward, his eyes sparkling with excitement. "You think he's possessed, don't you? Are you going to exorcise him?"

John turned to face Alex. The boy was quick, that was for sure. John was going to have to do some serious bullshitting to put anything over on him. "Yes, I suspect he may be possessed, but I need to get close enough to him to be sure. I need to talk to him, Alex. Can you get me in there?"

"He's in the hospital at the moment, so it shouldn't be too difficult." Alex was thinking rapidly. It was just as likely that the man was possessed as that he was an alien abductee, although frankly both ideas sounded equally nuts to him. Still, if Duane Barry was possessed and Alex was the one to discover it, that would drive Mulder right up the wall. The thought made Alex grin.

"You don't look much like a Fed, if you don't mind me saying. Do you have a suit? You're gonna have to clean yourself up a bit, comb your hair, but I can probably bring you in with me."

John looked down at his clothing. His worn-out jeans, brown T-shirt and denim shirt did not look very F.B.I. Even his leather jacket was old and battered. John shook his head. "I never found the need for one. But you could pass me off as a doctor" he said, thinking. "Psychiatrist might do the job. Whatever we have to do to get me in there. I have to be sure. If he was possessed, the demon might have abandoned him by now. It might be hiding there, waiting to take someone else. I have to stop it before it hurts anyone else."

Nodding slowly, Alex considered the idea. John was bigger than he was, with a powerful build, so there was no point in offering to lend him a suit. But a white coatthat might be just the thing. Add a stethoscope and all of a sudden John's an off-duty doctor who nobly dropped everything and rushed in to take care of his patient. "Okay, that would work," he murmured, pursing his lips. "We can grab a white coat from the linen room once we're in there, I guess." He sighed. "Guess I'd better get myself dressed for work then. I'll be more credible if I'm not in my street clothes."

"Leave it, Alex. I don't want to waste any more time than we already have. If they can't take your badge seriously enough, it will have to be your tone. Authority is what gets people's attention." He opened the door and strode down the hall, not leaving Alex much of a choice. Honestly, John liked him better dressed the way he was. He reminded him of Dean dressed that way, and his hair made John want to run his fingers through it like he did Sammy's.

For a moment, Alex stood, looking after John, but then he shook himself, grabbed his badge and his leather jacket and followed the older man, pulling the door shut behind him.

"You're a man on a mission, aren't you?" He glanced sideways at John as he caught up with him at the top of the stairs. "What the hell will you do if the man is actually possessed? I can't imagine hospitals tolerating the kind of bell, book and candle deal that went on in The Exorcist. Do you have some sort of new, trendy English exorcism, or is it all going to be medieval Latin and stuff?"

John cast a sidelong glance at Alex, but said nothing as they made their way out of the apartment building

They were out of the building now, and Alex felt a thrill of excitement at the clandestine nature of what they were about to do. "Maybe I shouldn't say this," he said. "But I'm actually looking forward to this. Most people would be surprised at how boring the F.B.I. can be."

John made for the Impala, getting in. "I'm not doing this to entertain you," he admonished gruffly. He started the car, his tone telling Alex he meant business. "I'll take care of Barry, if he is possessed. You just need to let me do it. Demons are nothing to toy with." He hit the gas, taking off toward the hospital. He didn't say much after that. His mind was too busy working on the task at hand, and although he drove safely, he was going as fast as the speed limit allowed.

It wasn't long before they pulled up in the hospital parking lot. John went around to the trunk, opening it up and grabbing the flask of holy water. He also grabbed a rosary and his journal and then closed it before Alex could get a look inside. "Let's go."

"Whoa, whoa, whoa!" Alex held up his hand. "Listen, John, this is serious business here. I get that, but you've got to stay with me, and make like I'm the one taking you in there. For one thing, I am, and for another, if we're caught, I'll get fired, and we'll both likely get hauled away to jail." As he was speaking, he was leading the way into the hospital and up to the floor below the one where Duane Barry was a patient. "He's on the floor above us. Let's get you that white coat and get up there." He pushed open the door to the linen closet and gestured, handing John a coat that looked as if it would fit. "Hmmm..." He closed the closet and headed for the nurse's station. There was nobody there, and he swiftly appropriated a stethoscope that was hanging at the rear of the station. "Here you go, doc. Let's go examine your patient, shall we?"

John forced himself to be patient. He followed Alex around, staring at the people walking past as if he could tell if there was a demon inside them, just by looking at them. It was a good thing that it was late at night. There weren't many people wandering the halls. John paused, then took the coat, pulling it on. Grabbing the stethoscope from Alex, he put it around his neck and then motioned with his head for Alex to lead the way. Alex didn't seem to mind too much. In fact, he seemed to enjoy giving John a good view of his ass in those tight jeans. John scolded himself, telling himself to keep his mind on the job. If he allowed his attention to wander even for an instant, innocent people could get hurt.

He schooled his face to look professional but not overly so. They were approaching the area Barry was in. He could tell because there were guards all over the place. This wasn't going to be easy at all.

Alex strode up to the uniformed cop who was sitting outside Barry's door. "Good evening, Officer," he said, flipping open his I.D. and showing it to the man. "I'm Agent Krycek and this is Dr. Van Helsing, Duane Barry's physician. He flew in especially to see him. Mind if we go in?" Van Helsing? The boy has a sense of humor; thats for sure. Johns lips twitched, impressed at the competent manner that Alex had used. Nodding, the cop lifted a beefy hand. "Go right ahead, Agent Krycek. Sing out if he gets violent. He's been behaving really strangely. He's a nutball for sure."

Nodding his thanks, Alex pushed open the door to the ward where Duane Barry was restrained. "Hey, Duane, I've brought a doctor for ya," he murmured softly, allowing John to go in ahead of him.

Duane Barry looked up at John from where he lay in the bed, and then he tipped his head, eyes narrowing as he seemed to try and think.

Moving around from behind Alex, John picked up the plastic water pitcher from the bedside table, pouring some water into a cup. He shielded the cup with his body as he added the holy water to it and then turned back to cross to Barry's bedside, pausing as he looked down at the man.

"John Winchester?"

"Hello, Duane," John held the cup out. "See things haven't changed much."

"Oh, thats where you're wrong, John. Things have changed a lot." He nodded. "Terribly. You don't know what goes on out there."

John stared at the man. If Duane Barry only knew what he knew, but, then again, knowing might have been what drove him insane.

"Duane Barry has seen a lot of things. Scary things, John. They want me," he whispered.

John nodded, "We're here to make sure they won't get you."

"You know each other?" Alex had intended to stay silent, but he couldn't manage it. "How?" He could see the sweat standing out on Duane Barry's forehead. He wondered momentarily if it was John's presence that was causing it, but discarded that when he spotted the fleeting smile that flickered over Barry's face. He said nothing further, but reflected that he now had a second name to work with. John Winchester was his hot friend's name. He decided that he'd run a check on him and find out just where he and Duane Barry had met each other, and maybe learn a little about John at the same time.

John reached into the white coat and pulled out his journal. He set it upon the bed. "Duane, have you noticed anything strange? Different?"

Duane laughed and started ranting about his abduction, telling John no one believed him. He said that the only way he could stop it was to give them someone else they could do their tests on. Then they would leave him alone.

John frowned as he listened. Then he leaned down to whisper in Duane's ear. He pulled back then frowned again, grabbing a cloth and dipping it into the cup of water. He touched it to Duane's head as the man kept babbling. John picked up his journal and put it away, then gathered up the rosary.

"Get some rest, Duane. You're safe here. No one's going to harm you." John turned and started to walk out.

"John? How is Mary?" Duane asked.

John paused a moment, looking back to him. He didn't answer as he walked out.

Alex said nothing more, merely nodded to Duane and followed John out. He was silent as they returned the white coat and stethoscope, but as they headed out of the hospital, Alex couldn't stay quiet any longer. "How do you know him? When did you meet him?" he asked. "Was he possessed? It didn't seem like it to me, but then I don't know what to look for."

"I met him when I was in the service," was all the explanation Alex was going to get. John glanced over his shoulder at Alex as they walked out of the hospital. "He wasn't possessed. He didn't respond to the word Christo and the holy water didn't burn him. Duane suffered a gunshot wound in 1982, before I got out. He was shot in the head and it...it left him barely able to function. He started having delusions, fantasies, and he became a pathological liar. What he's saying is partially true, but it's not aliens. What they put him through, I think it did permanent damage. I just had to be sure because he was exhibiting classic symptoms of demonic possession. Demons love people like him. No one suspects a crazy person of being possessed." John gave a weary sigh. "I think Duane's being experimented on, but not by little green men."

John stopped and turned to Alex, "Your Mulder is probably so willing to believe, and wants so badly to find the evidence he seeks that he can't see anything else past that. 'Til someone gets hurt - and they will, if he keeps going down that path. I know... I've been there." John turned and started walking. He could still hear Bill's voice in his head. The screams he made because of John's mistake, because of his eagerness. And he could still hear him begging, wanting to see his baby girl and his beloved wife again. Those, like so many other terrible memories, haunted him.

Alex walked along beside John, pondering what he'd seen. "What are you afraid of then, if he isn't actually possessed? I'd like to know what I'm dealing with." He folded his arms as they reached the car and gave John a piercing look. "My partner is pursuing his own private agenda, and that agenda isn't mine. I'm there principally to keep an eye on him, and it's really difficult to do that when I'm being kept in the dark, so I'd appreciate anything you can tell me."

He flashed a grin at John, and got back into the car. "You're a lot like Mulder, you know. You go straight after whatever it is you think you need, and you leave people floundering in your wake. Care to pause a minute and take pity on me? I don't do straight man very well."

John got in and started the car. "I think our government has been doing this to him. I've seen men in Leavenworth. I've seen the fear in their eyes and heard them rambling about things you don't really want to know. Some were just what they are, but others... at the time I didn't think much of it but now... I know better." He looked over at Alex, "As for leaving people floundering in my wake, it's for your own good. If you want to live to collect your pension, don't probe any further. You don't know the things I do. No one should." Or the nightmares will plague you for life, is what he wanted to say. It was bad enough that he was putting his beloved sons through it. But he knew that he needed someone to continue on after... after he was out of the game.

"That sounds pretty bleak," murmured Alex, suddenly feeling cold. "You telling me that the government is experimenting on enlisted men?" He frowned. He knew about the government secret agenda better than anyone, but he was shocked to hear that someone outside of the government's black ops department was aware of what was really going on. "Conspiracy theorists have been saying that for years, but youyou say it like it's fact."

"I know people who have seen it. Told me about it. It's been going on for years. And it's going to keep going on." John was driving Alex back to his place. "Personally, it doesn't matter to me." John had bigger and darker problems than government spooks. " You work for them. I'm sure you can find your own answers." He stopped in front of Alex's building and looked at him with a smile. "At least we know that Duane Barry's not possessed."

"Yeah, that's good, I guess." Sighing, Alex thought about the pathetic man he'd seen in the bed. "I feel sorry for him. Not his fault that he's so messed up, , is it?" He eyed John speculatively. "You want to come up and have a drink?" There. That was a direct pick up line, and Alex licked his lips, lowered his eyes, leaned forward and generally attempted to look inviting. He didn't think that he could make it any more obvious than that.

He could feel John hesitate. Damn, but the man was a hard sell. Maybe the vibes he'd thought he was picking up were more wishful thinking than fact, but he wasn't giving up yet. He fancied John more with every moment that passed.

John got that feeling again. Damn but Alex had that whipped-puppy look down. Even more than Dean, although not as much as Sammy. Nobody could outdo Sammy in the puppy-eyes department. He swallowed hard, more aroused than he let on, then looked over at Alex again. "I really shouldn't," he said softly. "But I will," he nodded, getting out of the car and locking the doors. "I can't stay long, though." He had to leave town. He wanted to get back to his boys, but one drink wasn't gonna hurt, and maybe he would still have time to find a girl on the corner and get a bit of relief for the tension that Alex had managed to work up.

Well, that was a good thing. Alex had been afraid that he'd have to smack John on the head with his dick to make him notice that he was coming on to him. "Good deal! I've got beer, and I've got scotch," murmured Alex, heading for the stairs again. "So name your poison." He paused, turning to smile mischievously at John. "Or I have coffee, if you're on duty."

Once into the apartment, Alex tossed his jacket onto the chair beside the table and headed for the fridge. "So, sir, what'll it be?"

John was tempted by the scotch. Very tempted. It would be so easy to drink 'til he wasn't thinking right and not remember for a while if he made a mistake. But he wanted to get home to his boys. Maybe he would change his mind, if things went that far down for him. Not that he could sink much further. He was already pretty low as it was. "Beer, for now." John pulled his own jacket off, neatly setting it down. He was careful not to allow his journal to fall out. Couldn't have Alex reading that, or he would be put in a rubber room in a flash.

"You got it." Alex fished out a couple of Heinekens from the fridge and handed one off to his visitor. "There you go. Nothing but the best in our house." He smirked as he came back through and draped himself nonchalantly on the couch. "Take a load off. You should relax for once. All this stress can't be good for your blood pressure." He could see that John was far from comfortable, and wondered how he could get the guy to relax. "That's a terrific car you've got there. Beats my little rice burner to hell and gone."

"Thanks," John took a deep drink of the beer as he lowered his aching body into a chair. He suddenly felt old next to this young man. "I try and take good care of it." John had had to give up his dream of owning his own garage, and now the only thing he could do was work on his car and keep it up and running so he could pass it on to Dean. "They don't make cars like they used to."

"I'd love to have one of those big old muscle cars," Alex said, leaning forward and playing idly with the neck of his bottle. "You do the maintenance and stuff yourself? Impressive." He flushed. "You're pretty impressive all around really. I get the impression that you're exactly what Special Agent Fox Mulder wishes he could be."

John looked Alex over, noting the way his fingers caressed the neck of the bottle. He sat forward a bit, resting his elbows upon his knees. "And what is that?" His eyes locked on Alex's, that intense look that could make people squirm and look away or want to challenge him and meet his gaze.

"The real deal," murmured Alex, lifting the bottle to his lips and smiling around it. "Mulder's a wannabe. He chases after the truth, but he'd rather believe things than put them to the test. You test them out straight away and then you're done, no fuss no muss. I like that. No messing about." He smiled and lowered his lashes again. "And you're passionate, I can see that."

"I think he wastes his time trying to get others to believe. You can waste a lot energy and time that way. To me it doesn't matter. Those who can do, will. Those who don't see, will, but it'll be too late for them. I don't care about converting the world. I only care about ending the evil." And for him, it was a personal battle. He didn't know how personal it was for Mulder but for him, nothing mattered except finding out how to kill the demon and to protect what he had left of his family. That was all he cared about.

He wished Alex would stop his flirting. He had to know what it was doing to him. John took another deep drink of his beer and realized he'd finished it. He stared at the empty bottle, debating what he should do. He wondered if he should do what he thought Alex wanted. The signs were clearly there, and his body was willing, that was for sure, even if it was just something quick and dirty. Quick and dirty was what he was used to. Learned from the nameless women he paid over the years when the need got too bad.

He made up his mind. "How about some Scotch this time?" He extended the bottle to Alex, his eyes telling.

"I can do Scotch, no problem," murmured Alex, his voice gone low and dirty, the husky timbre tickling at skin and leaving the listener with no illusions. "I can do a lot of things." He smiled and rose to his feet, going to bring back a couple of glasses and a full bottle of Hennessey. He poured them each a healthy shot and handed off John's glass, allowing his fingers to touch John's for just a fraction of a moment too long. "Bottoms up," he said, and gave a soft little chuckle.

"I bet you can," John mumbled under his breath as he watched the young man go fetch the bottle. When he returned to hand the full glass over, John felt a spark flicker between them. He gave a faint smile at those last words before taking a drink, feeling the whiskey burn a trail down deep inside him. He closed his eyes for a moment then drank the rest, holding out the empty glass. "Another?" he asked, this time giving Alex a look that was a little more heated.

Alex nodded and picked up the bottle, moving over wordlessly to sit beside John before pouring out the liquor. "You're tired, aren't you?" he said at last, once he'd refilled John's glass. "Hungry too, probably. You want pizza or something? I can order in, if you like." Grinning, Alex leaned back, letting his thighs fall open and dropping a hand next to his groin to draw his visitor's eyes to the spot. "Or there's a good Chinese place down the street, if you'd rather." He smirked and licked his lips, wondering if the other man would make a move or if he was a prude.

God, John hated himself even as he took another drink. He hated the thoughts going through his head, because Alex was lounging much like Dean would and looking just as delicious, his hand placed pointedly close to the bulge in his jeans. "No pizza," he growled. John drank down the rest of his whisky and then set his glass on the table. Then he reached for Alex's glass and drank that down too. "No Chinese."

John put the empty glass down, then turned and cupped the back of Alex's head, gripping his hair and pulling him close. He opened his mouth, locking it to Alex's as he kissed him, more forcefully than he'd intended.

There was no time for Alex to say anything, and almost no time for him to squirm down so that John was covering him, but he did finally manage to end up with John leaning over him as their mouths met and clung. He let his lips part, welcoming the other man's exploration of his mouth. Reaching up to twine his fingers in John's hair, he struggled to press as much of his body against John as he could manage, wrapping himself around the dark haired man, showing with every motion that he would offer whatever John wanted. When the kiss finally ended, he whispered, "Fuck!" against John's lips and shivered.

"Boy, you have a mouth on you," John stroked his thumb over Alex's lips as he cupped his cheek. "You have a bed too?" He asked even as he surged in and kissed him once again, his tongue slowly exploring every slick crevice. He knew he shouldn't. He should just shove Alex's head down to his lap and make him take way the ache he was feeling, but he didn't. He was treating him like... like... Oh fuck, he had fallen and fallen hard.

The harshly whispered question was an aphrodisiac to Alex. He moaned softly, turning his face into the caress. He was hard now, and he groped for one of John's hands, feeling the wedding ring on the callused finger as he pulled it over his groin and pressed the heel of it into his dick. "I have a bed, John," he whispered. "I have a nice, big bed, and lube and condoms." The husky voiced words vibrated against John's ear. "And I make breakfast too. Gotta love that."

John gave a hiss at the feel of the hardened flesh under his hand. He couldn't help the reaction of his fingers as they curled and squeezed. He slowly moved his hand over Alex's cock, feeling along it before he pulled back. "Prepared, aren't you, boy? Were you a boy scout?" He pushed up, bringing Alex with him. He knew had to do this before he changed his mind. He let Alex take the lead and followed him into the bedroom. As he entered, John was pulling off his denim shirt, tossing it aside. "You do have a big bed!" He gave a slight laugh. He closed the distance between them, his mouth fastening onto Alex's neck to work up to his jaw, then to his ear so he could suck on the lobe.

Even though Alex offered breakfast, at that moment John had no intention of staying 'til the morning. He couldn't permit himself. Though Alex tasted so good, he might persuade him to change his mind. He grabbed at Alex's shirt, gathering it in his hands and pushed it up, pulling it up high and then off over Alex's head. He took the chance, while Alex was slightly disoriented, to kiss him once again.

Kisses were fun. Kisses were power. Alex loved kissing, loved feeling the slip and glide of slick tongues, loved knowing how he was good at it. He melted against John, parted his lips for him and sucked gently at his tongue. He could feel John's answering hardness pressed against his abdomen and hooked his thumbs into the waistband of his well-worn jeans, pulling their bodies tightly together, deepening the kisses, his body sending the message that he would do anything John wanted.

"You've been with a man before, haven't you?" Alex's voice was low and breathy, his chest rising and falling rapidly as he pulled back from their embrace. As he spoke, he was pulling at John's T-shirt, dropping it to the floor to lie discarded as he turned his attention to unbuttoning John's jeans. The older man's cock sprang free, dark red and leaking, urgent under Alex's fingers. "God" Alex breathed. "Look at you." He looked up at John, his eyes seeming to glow with arousal. "Beautiful."

John looked down, feeling cool fingers on his heated flesh. He looked at Alex, almost slipping and telling him that he should see his beautiful sons. Dean was filling out now, more beautiful with each passing day. Girls as well as boys were going to be following him home before long. And little Sammy, with his mop of hair and the bright eyes that could set even the coldest hearts to melting. The innocence he radiated was going to get him whatever he wanted. He already had Dean wrapped around his little finger.

"Let's get a look at you," John reached down to open Alex's jeans, tugging the zipper down and slipping them down over the slim hips. Alex was like his boys, with no hair on his chest, slim and pale, unlike him. Damn! Why did his mind keep drifting to that? Perhaps it was the need for perverse pleasure. Perhaps he needed to fuck a man that he could easily imagine as one of his sons. Perhaps he would go to hell very soon. "Shit," he breathed, "You are too beautiful for your own good."

Smiling, Alex bent forward to nibble along John's collarbone. "I'm pretty," he admitted. "But you... you're the one that's beautiful - so solid and permanent." He dropped down to his knees, burying his face in John's groin, inhaling the musky scent and mouthing the crease between belly and thigh. "And you smell good," he whispered. "Bet you taste great."

He started down at John's balls, licking and tasting, allowing his tongue to tease the two heavy sacs until they drew up tight, the skin creased and delicate under his tongue. Satisfied with the reaction he was getting, he began to work his way up along John's dick, sliding his tongue along the thickly veined shaft until he reached the crown. "Ready or not," he grinned, "here I come." He opened wide and took it into his mouth, feeling John shiver as he began to suck gently.

John felt his jeans drop down to his knees and then the feel of Alex's breath upon his skin. He looked down at his hand as it carded through the dark, soft hair, shivering as Alex painted him with his tongue. He closed his eyes, his head dropping back while he gave himself over to the sensations. He let out a groan. "Awww, Fuck." It seemed that Alex was a talented man in many ways. He liked how those long dark lashes closed over the green eyes to feather over his cheeks, while he was taking John down deeper and deeper with every breath. He could tell his willpower was going to be severely tested - or he might just find out that he had none at all where this kid was concerned.

"Yeah, take more, baby boy, you know you can!" He gave a little push to the back of Alex's head and rocked his hips. He wondered if he could bend Alex's head back enough to rest on the edge of the bed, so he could get above him and just fuck that luscious mouth.

"All in good time." Alex pulled away and smirked up at John, then sucked him deeper, curling his tongue against the thick ridge that circled the crown. He slid his hands around to cup John's buttcheeks, kneading them, spreading them, fingers exploring the crease between them. It had been a while since he'd had a cock in his mouth like this, and he intended to make every moment count. The little spurts of liquid he was drawing from the tip were salty and mouth watering, and he gave a soft moan, sucking hard one final time before he pulled away.

"Come on, big guy. Let's get horizontal. That way, nobody falls over."

John reached down, peeling his jeans off and tossing them aside. He pushed Alex back, stripping off his jeans as well, and lay on top of him, tasting him, worshiping him with a nip here and a kiss there. His tongue circled Alex's belly button before diving in for just a moment, and then he moved up until he was over Alex, letting their cocks bump and rub together. He rocked his hips as he lowered his head and kissed him.

More kisses, and Alex felt like he was drowning in sensation. John wasn't just fucking and running. He was staying with him, caring as much for how he felt as for his own pleasure, and that was just fine by him. He lifted his knees, wrapping them around John's hips and grinding suggestively.

John was more heavyset than Alex. Taller, too. Alex felt owned as John cradled him, covered him, kissed him. "There's lube on the nightstand," Alex growled, panting as the older man paused in his oral assault on him. "I wanna feel that dick of yours as deep inside me as it will go. I want to feel you owning me, John. Please."

John turned his head, reaching over to the nightstand to grab the tube. He opened it with his teeth and placed the cap down before putting the tube onto Alex's chest and pushing up. He ran his hand down Alex's body before taking some of the gel to squeeze out onto his fingers. "You're pretty quick to judge!" He gave a chuckle as he started to smear the cool fluid over Alex's opening. "And I don't think you're a stranger to this either." He pushed two fingers inside Alex as he watched his eyes for a reaction.

Laughing, Alex breathed deeply, allowing his muscles to relax as much as possible to let John's fingers inside. "No," he said, husky-voiced. "Definitely not a stranger. Hopefully a friend." He pressed his knees up and wide to allow John as much penetration as he could. "Although I haven't been with anyone for months now. I'm picky."

The intrusion burned, then began to ease as John worked on stretching him. He moaned loudly, then nibbled at John's chin, his eyes closed, the better to feel what was happening. "Hurry up, John," he whispered at last. "Want you, need you inside me."

John had tipped his head back to allow Alex to nibble on him. His fingers pushed in as deep as they were able to go without actually fisting the man. He started a slow pumping motion as he began his own nibbling on Alex himself. He kept trying to tell himself not to make this too intimate, but it was hard. Alex tasted far too good, and he wanted to explore more of his flavor. Alex's words had him rushing, because he needed this too.

John pulled his fingers out, taking more lube to smear on his cock before pushing eagerly into Alex. He forced himself to keep it slow, working his way in, loving that Alex's body was all too accepting. "Need this too," John gritted as he pushed deeper and deeper. "Need you so much, Alex."

Alex thought that John's cock was a good match for the rest of his body - hard, insistent, seeking out his sweet spot and battering it until he cried out. He wound his arms around John's neck and held him tight as he was fucked, the driving thrusts sending him on a slow journey up the bed until his head was meeting the headboard with every new movement of John's hips. "Oh, yeah," he gasped. "You're everything I thought you'd be. Even betterso much better."

It wouldn't be long before he lost control. Alex concentrated on holding back for as long as he could, not wanting it to be over so soon. He could feel the sensation bubbling up in his balls, and he cried out for John to stop for a minute. "Don't want to come yet. Want to make it last."

John didn't want it to end either, but he couldn't help it. The feel of his cock moving inside that ass, the heat and the pressure were incredible. Alex's hard body matched his perfectly, and John couldn't help wanting to keep trying to get deeper into him. His control was nothing compared to Alex's. He pushed up onto his hands, rocking harder and harder into Alex as he drove them both towards their climax. Even as his balls smacked against Alex's ass, he heard the young man cry out, but he didn't let up. He moved a hand, placing it upon Alex's chest, with the thought that if Alex tried to stop him, it would be an easy slide up to the man's throat.

"It's not supposed to last, not this time," John informed him as he did all he could to get the beautiful man off. Burn this energy off, he thought. Burn the need away and see what's left behind. God! Pray that there wouldn't be anything left behind.

"But it's too good..." Alex was almost there, and it was far too late to stop the tide from rising. He whimpered, fought for a moment against the iron grip that John had on him, and then, with a yell, he was coming, his cock spitting thick white juices up against John's belly.

"Oh God" he whispered, when he could finally get his voice working again.

John gave Alex a few more thrusts, erratic as they were, and then he came, spurting inside him. He gritted his teeth, letting it all go, feeling Alex's muscles trying to push him out, before he dropped down onto Alex's chest. Sweat stood out all over him, running down his temples, beading on his neck. He finally caught his breath and looked up at Alex. Damn, but the man was beautiful like this. He leaned in and kissed him and then pushed up and off, wincing as he pulled out. Shit, but he thought that Alex was going to squeeze the life out of him as he released.

Dropping down beside Alex, John looked down their bodies as he ran his hand over the wetness that spattered his skin. He turned his head towards Alex and reached over, holding his hand out for Alex to clean. "You made the mess."

"Oh, yeah, I did," snickered Alex, bringing the hand up to his mouth to lick. "But you helped." He smirked, sucking John's fingers into his mouth and twirling his tongue around them. "That took the edge off, all right. It's been a while since I had a lover, and even longer since I had one that actually knows how to take care of a partner. I knew you were special the first time I saw you."

John watched as Alex cleaned his fingers. Each one was carefully taken in, Alex's lips forming a tight pink circle around them as he cleaned them. If John were a younger man he might have reacted more, but he was drained for the moment. "Putting the cart ahead of the horse aren't you?" He laughed, dropping his head back and looking up at the ceiling. His chest filled with pride from the compliment to his abilities, but he was well aware that he had been sidelined for at least the next little while.

Alex finally released John's fingers and began licking along the palm of his hand, over his wrist and the delicate skin of it, and up towards the crook of his elbow. "You taste great," he whispered, voice husky as he lapped over a thick bicep. "I want to lick every last part of you." He chuckled. "Gonna suck on your toes, rim your navel, stick my tongue in your ear and up your ass. Gonna take advantage of you, while you're too fucked out to fight me off. How do you like that idea?"

John turned his head towards Alex, and his arm reached across his own chest to grab a hand full of hair. He pulled Alex up, his blue eyes meeting those bright green ones, so intense as they gazed into his own. "I may be fucked out, but I'm not completely helpless." He pulled Alex towards his lips, kissing him deeply. John had no intention on ever being fucked.

"Well, shit!" Alex gave a little laugh. "Guess I didn't do my job properly. The man can still function!" He licked his lips, then put out his pink tongue to lap at John's mouth. "But you know what? I like a challenge. I think I'd like to devote a few hours to reducing you to a quivering, gasping puddle of jelly." His hand ran over John's deep chest, down to skim a hip. "You're a born alpha. Most guys don't have a clue. You do. You're worth it."

John gave Alex a rare but charming smile, "I see you plan on keeping me here all night. You're determined to make me breakfast." John laughed as he spoke, rolling as he forced Alex to lean back. He kept going, relying on the momentum to ensure that he was nearly on top of Alex. He ran his own hand down the man's side and smiled. "I'm a traveling man, Alex. I don't know where I'll be tomorrow or next week."

"Yeah, I know that; it's part of your charm," murmured Alex, letting his body melt into John's. "But I can still make you breakfast." He chuckled. "And you've still got my number, I hope. If you haven't, I'm gonna make you write it into that big black book that you're guarding so jealously. You can always call me when you need... to relax." He reached up to encircle John with his arms and pull him down into a long, slow kiss. "What do you say?"

John gave him a smile. "It's not black, it's brown leather, but I do still have your card." He lowered his head to meet the kiss, not answering the last part. He knew he could make no promises to this beautiful young man. The only promises he ever made were to his boys, and they would be the only promises he could ever begin to keep. He moved his mouth over Alex's chin to nibble along his jaw, his hand coming up to cup it as it moved back into his hair. "You're beautiful," he murmured, gripping as he bent and turned Alex's head so he could lick and suck at the delicate skin there.

Arching back to give John free access, Alex vowed that he'd make John reconsider. He'd spotted the avoidance, and he knew it for what it was. Now he wrapped himself around John and let the older man do as he wanted, whispering breathy encouragements as he felt John's mouth sear his skin. "That's it, John," he whispered. "Need you to touch me. Need you to do whatever you want." He raked his nails down his lover's back, scoring him as he dragged him closer. "Need you," he repeated.

John moved his mouth to the soft skin at the base of Alex's neck, his teeth sinking into it. He started sucking 'til there was a mark there, then he pulled off. Alex was an eager boy. "You are really needy," he breathed against Alex's ear. He pulled back, looking down at his young lover. He ran his hand down over Alex's body, caressing and petting all the way down until he cupped Alex's cock in his hand. He rubbed his hand all over him, moving it further back. "Very eager."

"And that's a problem why?" Smirking, Alex petted and squeezed wherever his fingers might touch. "I like sex, and I like you. I don't see that as a bad thing." He kissed the sweat-damp skin of John's neck and then sank his strong, white teeth into his lover's shoulder. "So yeah, I'm eager. Don't have too much time anyway, so I have to make do with what I have."

John hissed at the bite, his eyes closing for a moment, before he gripped Alex's sac to give it a pleasurable squeeze. He opened his eyes, lifting them to Alex, "Never said it was a problem." His fingers moved down further, pressing against Alex's hole, pushing his fingers inside, moving them in and out slowly as he leaned in to kiss Alex.

Alex's pleasure center took over, rendering him speechless. The touches, the kisses were exhilarating, but the thing that really got to him, set the core of him on fire was John's strength, his confidence. He wanted to belong to John just then, wanted to abandon the Smoker, Fox Mulder and the F.B.I., and follow John. He couldn't remember the last time he'd ever felt safe like this. "Glad to hear it," he mumbled, his breath already coming in short, ragged gasps as he was caressed.

John kept working his fingers in a slow motion, pausing to hook his fingers from time to time so that the tips could rub at Alex's gland. He pulled back from the kiss, allowing his blue eyes to drink in Alex's reaction. God, but the man was delicious. It made John crazy, how incredibly willing Alex was. Alexs legs were spreading like a whore's, and his breath betrayed his excitement. John looked down his body, feeling his own cock coming to life. It throbbed as he leaned into Alex's ear. "Turn over, baby. I want to see that luscious ass of yours this time." The low, rumbling murmur of John's voice was doing incredible things to Alex. He rolled onto his belly, raised his hips into the air and spread his thighs, knowing how sluttish he looked and just how much he wanted to keep those fingers inside him. He keened softly, amused at the desperate sound of his own voice. "Oh, god, yes," he whispered. "Don't stop. Please don't stop."

John moved, getting behind the younger man, his fingers still working Alex. Alex pushed back on them, his moans becoming more urgent. John pulled his fingers out, quickly replacing them with his cock. He pushed into Alex easily, moaning as he did, drawing Alex's hips back to his and then lowering himself over Alex, pushing him into the mattress. He began to rock his hips, almost drawing out before ramming back in forcefully. "Mmm, you have a sweet ass," John moaned as he nuzzled at the back of Alex's head, burying his nose in the soft hair. How perverse was it for him to think that it reminded him of when he would hug his boys?

"Th...thank you," gasped Alex, shuddering under John's onslaught. "Thank youoh fuckyou feel so good." He pushed back against John, lifting his hips to grind into his lover, yelping as John's cock finally came into contact with his sweet spot. "Oh, fuck, yes. Don't stop! Just there."

He rested his head on his forearms, concentrating on the way that John's stubbly beard grazed the back of his neck, the way John's balls slapped his ass with every slick, wet thrust. "God! I'm coming," he moaned at last.

John kept rocking into Alex, driving hard into him. He growled, feeling Alex tighten around him. He pushed up, gripping Alex's hips, thrusting into him faster, harder, more. "Come for me, Alex. Let me feel it," said John, pushing in as deep as he could.

"You got it!" Alex was sweating now, his body aflame at the insistent pounding, and he bit his lip, tasting blood. He was coming; it was unstoppable; he'd reached the last moment or so before the world would collapse into a single point of delicious pleasure.

"God, John," he gasped. "God, yes, do it, please. Can't stop!"

John gripped at Alex's hips, feeling muscles tighten around him. He groaned deeply, his eyes closed tightly as he struggled to get the last few jolts he could before he too would tumble over the edge. He let out a deep moan, slamming in and feeling wetness surrounding him. He came at last, and with one more pull and push back in, some of his own juices seeped out to drip down over Alex's balls and smear his bedsheets.

John's muscles were locked tight for a long while, his pulse thrumming, the blood still pounding in his ears even as he came down. He sagged, resisting the urge to just drop on top of Alex. After a few breaths that burned his deprived lungs, he finally pushed Alex forward to lie down as he pulled his cock out. It was only then that he allowed himself to drop on all fours, leaning over Alex with his head down, his hot breath puffing out over sweat soaked skin. He pushed with one hand, threw a leg over Alex and dropped down beside him on the bed once again. His hand landed on Alex's chest, and he looked up at the ceiling, not quite daring to close his eyes for fear something dark would reach out and grab him.

In his heart John knew he didn't have to worry about that. He had already fallen. It was like tripping and skinning one's knees. Reaching out for help. He'd always had lustful thoughts about his boys, although he'd never acted on them, but his determination had slipped with this man, and he knew that Alex was a substitute for what he really wanted. What had he become? Would he be able to look into the eyes of his two beautiful boys any more? Would he be able to continue pretending to be the man they saw him as? Especially Dean. Especially his beautiful Dean.

Alex was completely exhausted. He flopped down onto the bed and waited for John to recover. One large hand lay on him, squarely over his heart, and that felt good to Alex. He lay in the wet spot, too fucked out to move and smiled like a lunatic.

"You sure you don't want to stay here with me and be my live-in sugar daddy? That was the most incredible fuck I ever had." He chuckled to give John the confirmation that he wasn't really being serious, although in actuality he was. "Mind, if you did that, I don't think I'd ever want to leave the house again."

John turned his head to Alex, "I can't," he answered, not elaborating on the reason why. "Besides, you'd shoot me after being with me for a week, if not sooner." He looked back at the ceiling, "You know, there's no such thing as aliens. There has been nothing but hearsay and blurry photos. Nothing concrete, not like the stuff you can find on other supernatural beings."

That made Alex smile. "Wanna bet?" he smirked. "I could take you to a lab right now where they've got a whole stock of dead ones in bottles. I have no idea quite what they're thinking of doing with them, but they're there all right, and they're doing experiments on the things." Alex shuddered. "Frankly, the whole idea gives me the creeps, but what can you do?" He smiled at John. "You wanna see an alien? I can take you tomorrow, if you like, and let you see."

John had turned his head away as he listened to Alex, but now he looked back at him. He shook his head, reflecting, then nodded, "Okay, show me your little green men."

"Tomorrow," yawned Alex, snuggling against the solid warmth of John's chest and closing his eyes. "I think I could even get you one to take home with you, if you like, although God knows what the hell you'd want one for." He giggled. "My mind is running on empty right now. I think you blew the top of my head off."

John wrapped his arm around Alex, gently stroking his hair till the man fell asleep. But he stayed awake. Even though he'd told Alex he would go with him to see his little green men they weren't something he believed in. He'd heard a tone in Alex's voice that said that he did, but that was not the reason he was in town. He'd seen Barry, made sure that the man was just insane, and now he needed to get back to his boys. Needed to move on.

After a while, when he was sure Alex was sound asleep, John slipped from the bed and dressed, gathering his things. He looked back to Alex once he got his shoes on. He probably would never see the young man again, but it had been a night he wouldn't soon forget. He sighed softly and then turned and left in silence, not leaving a note. Not leaving anything except what Alex had learned about him, his name and nothing more.

He made his way back to his motel room and packed his things. Then he got into the Impala and pointed it toward the interstate, beginning the long drive back to his boys.

End


| Back to My Stories –|– Email Dr. Ruthless |

Valid XHTML 1.0 Transitional