Title: Possibilities 19: Break-up
Author: Bertie
Date: 10/30/01
Pairing: M/Sk/K, M/O, K/O
Category: Some light BDSM and angst gasp
Rating: NC-17
Status: WIP
Archive: sure
Feedback: 
bertina1967@cs.com
Series/Sequel: Possibilities, Chapter 19
Warning: Break up of two major characters
Disclaimers: I own the original characters, who knows now who owns the others
Notes: To the amazing stupendous superwonderful Goddess Michele; to Vyper for betaing the last bit and to Neige who inspired Mulder's sub name;)

 
It had been two weeks since their return from Texas, and Mulder was seriously worried about Walter. He was retreating, not just into himself, but into a big bottle of scotch, and Mulder was getting tired of coming to Walter's apartment finding his lover numbing himself with alcohol. He was courting a slow death, and Mulder knew it.

"Don't do this to yourself, Walter. I love you and I want us to deal with this -"

"Don't lecture me, Mulder. I've had a bad day," Walter interrupted Mulder, trying to blot out his perceived failure in Texas, and unable to reach out to his lover for comfort, when the man was only a painful daily reminder of all that had ensued. His bottle of J&B held no such memories.

Mulder sighed and then moved away. Walter made no move to stop him. "Maybe I should leave."

Walter said nothing so Mulder repeated it, "I guess I will go..." When he received no response, he sighed again and walked away. At the door he gave Skinner a pained look, which was ignored, then simply walked out the door.

Walter watched him go and drained the rest of the scotch in his glass.

"Good," he said aloud to no one and lay on the couch face down.

Mulder pressed his back to the door, wondering if he should go back in and just be with Walter, whether the older man wanted him to or not. 'Fuck, I am so tired of this,' he thought with just a hint of anger, torn between the urge to leave and the need to stay.

During the first few days back, he and Walter had spent many long hours just holding each other and letting each other mourn the loss of Alex, but inevitably real life had intruded, and they had both had to return to work. Mulder had been eager to return to work, feeling it would help them both get back on track. But it didn't work for Walter. He would come home tired, grab scotch and drink himself to sleep. Nothing Mulder did or said changed it. It was so awful for Mulder to have to watch that he began to feel a sneaky sense of relief when his assignments took him out of town for several days. He at least had Scully to talk to. Of course, he had to keep up the illusion that their mutual girlfriend had left them. The only thing was he doubted that Walter had anyone to talk to but him...and he wasn't forthcoming at all.

Scully was a good friend, but objective nearly to the point of coldness when she told him that Walter had to face the facts on his own, in his own way, and no amount of coercion could get him to face what had happened until he was ready to face it. When even assignments didn't get him away from the sight of his disintegrating lover, he started going out with Scully, just as a diversion from what was going on with Walter. Nothing ever happened between them beyond a few friendly hugs and gentle kisses, though. He told her he was still in love with his girlfriend. Even as he spoke the lie, he wanted to eat the words. He was in love with Walter and Alex both, but he didn't think Scully would understand that. Definitely not his love for his boss and certainly not his love of the man she perceived as a traitor and assassin.

He started having dreams of the time he had spent with Alex in Texas. As the dreams progressed, they changed, becoming more vivid until every night seemed to bring a continual movie in his head, one where he was being tied down and made love to over and over. He wanted to share this with Walter, but it seemed hopeless. The man was incapable of coherent conversations away from work. The minute he came home he was drinking. Telling Scully about it would mean he would have to reveal what had happened in Texas...and he wasn't prepared for that yet. Maybe one day he could tell her all that had occurred. But not now.

Reading up on one of the assignments given to him, he came across an interesting case that piqued his curiosity. It was about a man in a BDSM relationship with a younger man. The man was about Skinner's age, the partner in the relationship at least 12 years younger. The man-more of a boy, really, had gone missing, but the way in which he had turned up missing was so unusual-he had apparently escaped from a locked room, with no windows while in four-point restraints- that the assignment was given to the X-files.

Normally investigators mostly ignored such things, but the man was wealthy and had kept himself clean of any nefarious activities as far as the local authorities were concerned. What interested Mulder was the fact that the older man had once been a detective in a police department. He had retired early for fear his lifestyle would be found out and used against him.

Mulder interviewed the man, asking him who his lover might have known, might have run to, or who might have had access to the room and the bound man within. The man sighed. "No one, no one had access to him. He liked it that way, he told me. It gave him a sense of ownership and belonging. He was the perfect bottom."

That struck a chord so resonant with Mulder that the other man had to clear his throat to catch his attention again because he had drifted off into a fantasy of being that for Walter. The former detective looked at Mulder closely. "Hey, if you are interested in the lifestyle..." he handed Mulder a card," this place is very good for beginners."

Mulder took the card graciously but just put it in his pocket and continued interviewing the man. Shortly afterwards it was revealed that the former police detective had a maid and she must have let the boy out. There was no other explanation. Since the maid had also not shown up since the time the younger man had disappeared, the case was dismissed. The older man was devastated. Mulder walked away before he reached out to the hurting man. He knew he was just projecting his needs on this complete stranger, for he already had a man that he needed to comfort, but the bastard wasn't letting him in.

*****

Alex had been assigned by the British affiliate of the Consortium to a man named Jeremy. His new keeper was an older man, who was a nice change from Rico, and he reminded Alex of his past lovers, having the smooth musculature of Mulder combined with the restrained power of Walter. After a few preliminary questions, Jeremy asked him if he had liked the BDSM play that Rico had engaged him in. Alex knew from past experience that honesty would get him through this initial interview with the least amount of pain or grief, so he immediately replied that at first he did, but later Rico had become too possessive. Jeremy asked him what he enjoyed about the play. Alex said he didn't mind bondage or spankings or anal play but he didn't like to be left in the dark or left alone when bound.

Jeremy just nodded and told him that after a week of his "special" training, he would begin training Alex as his slave as if he were a novice. When Alex seemed to appreciate this, Jeremy smiled delightedly, making him look younger. That filled Alex with hope. He could deal with Jeremy. Maybe he wouldn't turn like Rico had.

*****

When Mulder saw that Walter just wasn't dealing -with anything- he gave up and said to him, "I'll come back when you are willing to handle this without alcohol. Until then, I will be staying in my own apartment. Please don't call me or come by unless you are sober."

With that, he stalked out of Walter's apartment and out of his life. Walter was too drunk to bother. Even when his heart clenched like someone was physically squeezing the life out of it, he did nothing; just finished his drink and staggered upstairs into bed.

That evening Mulder called and made an appointment with the number Mister Richards had given him. They set him up for the next week and he was very happy. Maybe now he could rid himself of the dreams that haunted him.

*****

Jeremy stared at the beautiful young man before him. He could definitely do things with this one. No doubt about that. He ordered the man to strip. The man didn't hesitate, but it was done with the awkwardness of a first timer. He hesitated at his underwear, but Jeremy said, "All of it."

When the man was totally nude, Jeremy looked him up and down and smiled. He ran his hands all over the smooth skin and said, "You have had male lovers?"

"Yes, sir."

"Good. I will not use you right away. I prefer to have my subs submit fully before I take my pleasure in them."

The man nodded non-commitally.

"You are in a relationship now?"

"I was. But..."

"He wouldn't give you what you needed?"

A nod and a hitch of breath. The man clearly still had feelings for his former lover.

"Do not worry, sub. I will not replace your lover for you. I will be here for your needs and if it goes further...that will be for later."

The man seemed to relax visibly from that bit of news.

"Good, I think I will have great fun in training you, Pup."

The shoulders slumped from the name.

"You will learn to appreciate the name I give you, Pup. Until then, I want you to wear this collar at all times. This will keep your mind on who you are and who you belong to; is that understood?"

His new sub, Pup, nodded his head.

"Good."

He took the strip of brown leather and wrapped it tightly around the base of the long smooth neck.

"You may go for now, Pup. But remember who you belong to."

The man quickly scrambled back into his clothing, and Jeremy watched him thoughtfully. This tall, lanky man was quite beautiful. He would need to be disciplined often, thought Jeremy, but he has the stamina for it.

Jeremy's mind moved to another sub he was working on. This one was also very beautiful and had been through much. He did not have much to be disciplined about. Whereas Pup had much to learn, the one armed sub, Cat, would only need acclimating to his own mastery. Cat also seemed quite eager, which was helpful.

The two subs would be quite nice together, if that could ever be arranged. Pup would have to go through extensive training beforehand. Cat, on the other hand, had other business to occupy his time.

He quickly left his Master persona behind him as he left the playroom and returned to the main offices. Alex was waiting for him when he entered his office.

He waited until he was fully situated, then took out the device that Alex was to become more intimately aware of in the future.

"This device has been modified for our purposes. It was initially used mainly for computer simulations for surgeons and other medical professionals. It is an efficient tool for establishing control over one's enemies. Essentially, it neutralizes a person's functioning abilities. The potential is deadly, but for our purposes, it is mainly a device to establish control. When needed, however, it can neutralize the enemy permanently."

Jeremy let Alex hold the device in his hand. Letting him take in the potential of the device's power.

"When you have become more familiar with it, we will give you a target."

Alex looked up from the device and nodded. Jeremy loved the attention Alex had to learning new things. It was a nice welcome from the usual stony boredom he normally received from other trainees.

Jeremy smiled, thinking about what would occur later that night. Alex would come to him in his private rooms, fully ready for his master. It would be a good time for them both. Tonight they would share his bed for the first time.

*****

Alex was waiting for Jeremy in the stance his master had insisted he use, he was prepped for his master to use him if necessary. He was surprised how gentle Jeremy was with him. He didn't understand until it dawned on him that Jeremy may have heard of Rico's tactics and not approved. So his new master was compensating for the way Rico had treated him. He, by any means, was not a lax master. Jeremy insisted that when he asked for Alex to do something, there was to be no hesitation. Rico had sometimes let him get away with hesitations, or even downright obstinacy. Jeremy would not. Alex found, though he hated the spankings sometimes, he certainly would have preferred sex but was given only reassurances by his master. To be loved was something Alex did not want. Rico had been in love with him and that had been a flaw in the way he disciplined his sub. Not with Jeremy. Because Alex did not respond to the reassurances, this new master insisted on giving them anyway. When Alex was allowed to say something, he asked his master why he reassured and comforted him after discipline. Jeremy said that any master should do this as part of the training. That, though Alex felt like he didn't need it now, it would go better for them both in the future. There was no way Alex could argue with that. After 2 days of accepting his master's comfort, Jeremy told him he would take him to bed with him. Alex was relieved. He was beginning to think he was not attractive to the man.

The door opened and his master stood there for a moment looking at his sub. Jeremy was very pleased with the willingness Alex had in finally accepting his reassurances and comfort. He knew that Alex was rebelling against the kind of treatment he had in the past. Jeremy was very pleased that his sub had the intelligence to ask about it. Once that was clear, he was very responsive. The night before, after sharp discipline, Alex had cried in his arms. That was a breakthrough. He would now reward his sub with something he knew all subs wanted, their master to derive sexual pleasure from their body. Alex was ready.

"Cat. Come."

Alex knee walked to his master, head still lightly lowered.

"Look at me."

Alex looked up, the lovely green showing brightly as his eyes alighted on his master's.

"You are beautiful and have been good. I want you to show me how well you are at giving head."

There was a definite spark of desire in those green depths and Alex half smiled.

"You may undress me, Cat."

That lovely hand carefully undid his belt and then opened his pants. Jeremy was quite amazed at the skill his sub could perform with one hand. Far better than many two handed subs. Rico had trained him well with that at least, Jeremy conceded. When his master's cock half sprung from his underwear, Alex ran his hand along the length, then looked up into his master's eyes for permission.

Jeremy's breath caught for a second. The beauty of Alex's submission was breathtaking. He nodded his head slightly and then Alex bent and swiped his tongue along the head, making his master suck in his breath.

"You are very good, Cat. I am so glad your former master trained you well in this." He then indicated that Alex could continue and, when he did, Jeremy was soon being sucked into a very skilled mouth.

Alex loved giving head and Jeremy was one man he was very willing to give head to. The man was like the best combination of Walter and Fox. He certainly loved the tight ass he held in his hand as he opened his throat for his master to fuck.

He looked up into his master's heavy lidded eyes and begged for him to let him explore with his hand. When his master acknowledged this by licking his full bottom lip, Alex nearly came in his pants. Alex's hand eagerly sought out his master's ass and, when his nimble fingers found his anus, nearly choked in surprise when he found that his master was lubed. He looked into his master's eyes but they were closed. Taking the initiative, he continued his tongue undulations under his master's cock, and slowly eased a finger into the well-stretched anus of his master. Alex knew his master belonged to another. He wondered about that, but then felt his master, and relaxed his throat. Thrusting his finger in, he jabbed the gland inside his master and was swallowing his master's cum. He waited until his master was finished, then licked him clean. His cock was about to explode, but he held himself in check until his master gave permission.

Jeremy's beautiful blue eyes finally landed on his sub and he smiled. "You do that very well, Cat. I will definitely utilize that skill often."

Jeremy noted the evidence of his sub's desire, so he indicated the bed. "Lay on your back, Cat. I want to taste you."

Alex knee walked over to the bed then stood up to lie down properly and spread his thighs for his master.

His beautiful cat stretched out for his pleasure was a definite sight. Jeremy loved the sheer tamed wildness of the sub laid out for him. He would get much delight from this one. He bent over the supine figure just soaking in his loveliness. He ran his hands over the beautiful skin, caressing the peaking nipples until his sub's breathing was faster. He bent to take one in his mouth, loving the sighs that Cat emitted. When his mouth trailed down to the pretty cock, he savored the flavor of the precum leaking profusely from the head. Cat moaned and Jeremy knew he could not last long, so he took pity, and cupped the scrotum in his hand and gently squeezed. His sub cried out as he came down his master's throat.

He pulled away after cleaning his sub with his tongue then kissed him, letting his sub taste himself on his tongue. He then pulled the half limp man into his arms and let him purr against him as his master covered them with the blanket.

Continued in chapter 20