Title: Alex's Revenge
Author: Bertie
Date: 10/01/01
Fandom: XF
Pairing: M/Sk/K
Category: Adventure, some sex thrown in for good measure
Rating: NC-17
Status: WIP
Archive: sure
Feedback:
bertina1967@cs.com
Series/Sequel: Possibilities, Chapter 18
Warning: Minor character death
Disclaimers: Rico belongs to me; the other ones are in dispute
Notes: The Goddess Michele is my idol, I shall not want:)  


Alex stood in front of the door that would lead him down to the basement, to Rico. A million different thoughts and feelings rushed through his body. He felt overwhelmed, excited, and hard as a rock-'fuck, what in the hell is the matter with you!' he screamed to his cock mentally, wondering if maybe he deserved to be with Rico after all. Maybe he didn't deserve the love and comfort he'd felt so fleetingly with Mulder and Skinner. It had been wonderful too, as if they could conquer the world if they remained together ... like the Three Musketeers. Alex suddenly giggled at that thought, and then shook his head. He took a deep breath and opened the door that led to the basement.

Rico turned to face him and at first looked normal, but then his gaze registered the gun in Alex's hand.

"Alex, where did you get that? Hand it over to me..."

Alex shook his head, his heart racing in his chest. "No, Rico, I have the power now. I won't give it back so easily."

Rico stared into the hard green eyes and realized Alex wasn't playing...in fact, he looked deadly serious.

"Alex, don't do this. You said you loved me..."

Alex shook his head. "I do...I did - shit, I think I'll always love you, Rico. That's the reason why I have to kill you."

Rico did not flinch, did not show any sign of fear or worry. He just looked into Alex's eyes and said, "I love you, Alex. Are you willing to kill the one who loves you?"

Alex sighed but did not waver, and pulled the trigger. "Yes," he whispered down to the fallen body. He felt numb. He looked down at the hole in the middle of Rico's forehead for just the briefest of moments, then left. He didn't even stop to look back. He went directly to Jim and said, "Come with me, Jim. I think we could work well together."

Jim shook his head. "You're on your own, Alex. You did what you had to do. Good luck."

He handed Alex the keys to the limo. "I'll tell the guys to let you go. Then we're out of here, too. You take care of yourself, Alex."

Alex smiled up at the large man and wanted to hug him for just a second but left instead, the smile still on his lips.

Jim knew Alex had a long way to go. He could not remain here, even if the FBI weren't after them. Even if it were just his lovers, Jim knew Alex was on the run from them as well. He shook his head then radioed ahead to the men at the gates. "Think you all had better make yourself scarce."

They knew exactly what to do. Leaving the gates wide open, they took off in their own vehicles. Several hours later, it was just Jim at the ranch, he was looking down at Rico, the man who he'd almost come to care for at some point in his undercover employment.

He smiled to himself thinking, 'It's always the big ones that fall hard.'

But he quickly sobered, realizing the guy's biggest mistake was thinking Alex couldn't think for himself.

***

Mulder woke feeling quite good, having spent the night in his lover's arms after a long bout of strenuous fucking. But he knew he was still missing a part of himself without Alex there with them to share in their love. He snuggled up close to Skinner and sighed half-contentedly.

Walter's big arms wrapped tightly around Mulder's body, pressing as much of the agent's lean body against his own as he could. Then a hand slowly moved down caressing the smooth skin of Mulder's belly until the hand grasped the cock poking upwards seeking affection.

"What have we here," murmured Walter, sleep still making his voice deep and very sexy to Mulder. A shiver ran through his body.

Mulder looked over at his lover's face and realized the big guy's eyes were still closed. That sent a shock straight to his cock, thinking his lover could react still half asleep. The cock jumping in Walter's hand caused him to open his eyes to look at it.

He grinned at Mulder then proceeded to pump. Mulder moaned, and Walter's other hand came up to caress across a peaking nipple.

Walter continued pumping while bending down to nuzzle the other nipple. Mulder was in a frenzy of need when Walter shimmied down and took the leaking cock in his mouth.

"Oh god, Walter, yes!" He put his hands up to rub the bald pate enthusiastically; the sensual feel sending lovely shivers down his body.

The suction and the wicked tongue sent Mulder over the edge in no time and Mulder lay back, gasping.

"Damn, what a wake up call!" moaned Mulder, too jellified to return the favor at the moment.

Walter moved back up to look down at the sprawled body and ran a hand down it, loving the feel of the jumping nerve endings under his caress. Mulder sighed then slowly moved his fingers up to capture that hand and kiss the thick fingers. His tongue came out and began to lap for a bit then nibble; Walter's breathing became erratic.

Mulder's eyes looked over to Skinner's face, which was all flushed and frowning. He let go of the fingers to reach for the cock about to erupt on its own devices. Walter bit back a groan then sighed when Mulder's long fingers softly pinched the head of his lover's cock then brought his mouth down over it. Walter groaned when Mulder's fingers clasped the base of his erection then Mulder's mouth lowered to seriously suck on his throbbing cock. Mulder loved feeling his lover's cock in his mouth, working it, bringing him off, taking control over the speed and when his lover would come.

His teeth softly scraped the sides of Walter's cock as he deep throated him, Walter was gripping the sheets of the bed tightly. He was in heaven that was tinged with hellfire. He bit his lip as Mulder continued. When a hand reached down to stroke and caress the furry scrotum, Walter could not stop a cry from erupting from his lips. Mulder grinned around Walter's cock then sucked even more industriously, his fingers like firebrands along Walter's scrotal sac. Then a long finger scraped softly down Walter's perineum and when it reached the crinkled flesh below, he pressed once, twice then circled. Walter groaned then announced, "I'm coming."

Mulder deep throated once more and sucked deeply just as Walter erupted. The fluid hit the back of his throat and then flowed downward. Mulder slowly pulled off Walter's spent cock wetly, licking upward as he went. Walter's cock twitched in sensitive irritation when Mulder lapped the end finally. Walter pulled Mulder up to him and kissed him passionately.

When Walter was able to move, he groaned, feeling every one of his years on his bones. "Fuck, fuck, fuck, fuck..." he mumbled as he rushed to the bathroom.

Mulder watched the sexy ass of his lover disappearing into the bathroom, and then the phone rang, interrupting his daydream of sticking his tongue into that ass before it had even begun.

"Hello?"

"Hey, there Fox. This is Clint. All prepared to take on Rico's ranch?"

Mulder didn't hesitate and said in his most enthusiastic voice, "Definitely, Clint. Just waiting on Walter to get his ass in gear and we are on our way."

Clint chuckled. "That man always did show up fashionably late, especially when he had spent the evening with a -" Clint cleared his throat. "Sorry, didn't mean to imply..."

Mulder grinned into the phone. "That's okay, Clint. I think you are way ahead of us. We'll be there shortly."

Clint acknowledged that and hung up, but not before telling Mulder he was glad to see Walter happy for a change, since he hadn't been since Sharon had left him.

Mulder was almost relieved to know that he wasn't keeping something as vital as their relationship from Clint. He was a good man and should be informed about something as major as his old buddy's new lover. After this was over, maybe it wouldn't be so devastating for Clint to know there was yet another man in Walt's life.

When Walter came out of the bathroom, Mulder met him in the middle of the room and kissed him, taking Walter's breath away.

"What was that for?"

"For being such a good man and having such a wonderful friend as Clint."

"What brought that on?"

"Clint phoned. He was just checking on us. It seems he knows we're together."

"Oh? Oh...well, Clint was always good at those things...especially since he was the one to introduce me to my prostate..."

Mulder shook his head. "I would have never guessed it of him."

Walter grinned and said, "Come on, piggy, let's go get froggie."

Mulder pulled on his clothes and ran after Walter's retreating frame as they left the hotel room.

****

Just as they came up to the entrance of the dirt road that lead to Hank's ranch, Clint and a few others stopped them. Clint handed Walter a walkie-talkie and said, "We should go ahead, Walter. Show them the official papers so they don't get suspicious."

Walter nodded then watched as that beautiful black man left his side and went to join the others. Walt remembered some wonderful times with him. He pulled Mulder to him, and they waited for the signal from Clint. One came about 10 minutes later. They moved forward. Clint's voice came through. "I don't understand it, Walt. No one is here at the gates. We will go ahead to the ranch, see what we can find."

"Ok, Clint. We're right behind you."

They signed off and Walter looked at Mulder with worry.

"That's weird for no one to be at the gates. Do you think that they were tipped off?"

Mulder shrugged his shoulders. "I don't know. It doesn't make sense that Rico would just give up so easily without a fight. Doesn't seem like him at all."

They continued onward until they passed the eerily deserted gates and empty guard-posts. Then they moved onward to the ranch. The only vehicles in sight were Clint's and the rest of his other team's. Clint was at the door motioning for them to come in. Walter turned off the engine and they both got out of the car. They entered the house the same as before, but instead of the ominous presence of guards they were greeted by the ominous presence of emptiness.

"What happened, Clint?" asked Walter tentatively.

"Wait, I think Frank has found someone."

Jim came forward and told them, "Skinner, Mulder...Alex is gone. He killed Rico. His body is in the basement."

They stared at him as if he was an alien. "Where is he?" they asked simultaneously.

"I assume back with the Consortium. One of them must have offered him a deal if he killed Rico off."

"But why?" asked Mulder, suddenly afraid as to what that meant.

Jim shrugged his shoulders. "Alex was a brave man, Mr. Mulder, but I think he didn't want to face you as he was."

"Why are you here, anyway?"

Clint interrupted, "This is our man from the inside, Walter."

Another of Clint's men walked in from the back of the house. "All's clear, Clint. Seems they left and quickly."

Mulder was in shock. He knew instinctively why Alex would choose the Consortium over them and it was eating him up.

"Take me home, Walter," he whispered to the big man. "Please."

Walter nodded to Mulder. "We'll go in a minute, Fox. Just let me clear things up with Clint."

Mulder didn't move as Walter left his side and he watched the two men talking, but nothing they said registered. He was dimly grateful when Walter returned and they went silently back to their car.

Walter wisely didn't say anything until they reached the hotel and then he said, "Mulder, would you rather..."

Mulder cut him off by grabbing him tightly and hanging on to him as if for dear life.

"Walter..." Mulder croaked out finally amidst tears, "he chose the Consortium over us because he felt he was unworthy of us."

"But why? We loved him!" Walter asked incredulously.

"He had a choice this time, Walter. Before this, when he killed, he felt like he had no choice...it was either kill or be killed. This time he had a choice." Mulder let his head drop onto Walter's chest and he cried while Walter held him, still trying to absorb what his lover had just told him.

It finally dawned on Walter. Alex had been an assassin, hired to kill. The kills were impersonal. This kill was by choice. And was very personal. He had stepped over the bounds of being an assassin and was now a murderer.

Walter held onto his lover, though he wanted to cry just as soundly as Mulder did, he remained the strong one and comforted him as best he could.

Continued in chapter 19